Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Change in Modern Studies Course for Session 2006/2007 - HSN forum

Change in Modern Studies Course for Session 2006/2007

6 replies to this topic

#1 lipu

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 06:31 PM

Incase there is anyone on here considering Higher Modern Studies next year or has to resit (hopefuly nobody here will have to):

There is to be an amendment to the Modern Studies Course taking effect in the 2007 Examination. "WEALTH AND HEALTH INEQUALITIES IN THE UNITED KINGDOM" will replace the "Income and Weath in the United Kingdom" and "Health Care in the United Kingdom" topics.
Law and Management Student
Robert Gordon University

------
George Orwell provided us with a warning, not an Instruction Manual
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little termporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety

Without freedom to offend, freedom of expression ceases to exist

#2 x_Claire_x

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Just Genreally Acting Like A Fool =P

Posted 12 May 2006 - 06:35 PM

And i also heard they're taking out distribution of ethnic minorities sad.gif (was my best topic) but hopefully i won't have to resit !
Just Be Yourself It Doesn't Matter If It's Good Enough For Someone Else

#3 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Well I like a WIDE variety of things! haha i sound like a freak!<br />Anyways, I LOVE!!! music! ooh sooo much!!<br />haha i also like shopping and ehhm, drama and talking and swimmin(woo look at me aint i fit (not)) and ehhh thats all folks! haha! man i laugh alot! and i can talk for scotland! dont put iot past me i rambol on a lot!!

Posted 12 May 2006 - 06:41 PM

yeah apparently its going to be so much harder next year!
Grrrrrr!!

#4 x_Claire_x

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Just Genreally Acting Like A Fool =P

Posted 12 May 2006 - 06:44 PM

can it get any more harder lol im struggling as it is ! dry.gif
Just Be Yourself It Doesn't Matter If It's Good Enough For Someone Else

#5 lipu

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 06:47 PM

Questions will now be out of 15 marks and candidates will be required to write 4 essays worth 15 marks each in the following format:

One from Section A
One from Section B
One from Section C
ONE OTHER from EITHER Section A or C

Thus Paper 1 will be out of 60 instead of 50 and will last 1 hour 30 minutes.

Paper 2 will still be out of 30 comprising of 10 marks of questions and a 20 mark report. However, a further 5 minutes has been taken from the time and as of 2007 the DME paper will last 1 hour 15 minutes.

The Entire Modern Studies Examination will be out of 90.
Robert Gordon University

------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little termporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety

#6 Stephanie07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 05:38 PM

yepo has changed...im half way through the course....paper 2 is well easy but its the time factor in paper1 tho:| however im finding it very interesting and im enjoying it. wink.gif

#7 lipu

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE(Stephanie07 @ Feb 19 2007, 06:38 PM) View Post
yepo has changed...im half way through the course....paper 2 is well easy but its the time factor in paper1 tho:| however im finding it very interesting and im enjoying it. wink.gif

A bit lat in replying - but I'll do so anyway.

They've never managed to get the timings rights. Befor ethe changes there was always plenty og time on Paper I and not enought for paper II
Robert Gordon University

------

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users