Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What did you do? - HSN forum - Page 6

What did you do?

109 replies to this topic

#101 Joel

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE(Daron Malakian @ May 24 2006, 06:10 PM) View Post
Blondie if you want someone to reply to your posts then write something decent.so far what you've written has been pretty bland.
And what exactly have you contributed? At least Blondie doesn't flame people for no reason.

#102 Blondie

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:Computers, space, drawing, music, pirates, ice cream, writing, sewing, etc etc.

Posted 24 May 2006 - 05:59 PM

I'm not looking for a reply. I want people to at least consider what I've written, rather than ignoring the point I'm trying to get across.
-Blondie.

Whoa, I actually have something to put down here!

Crafting Journal!

#103 mynameisearl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 09:19 PM

i've been following this thread tonight out of interest.. and th recent differnce of opinions over one persons choice. From what i can dedeuce it seems that andy mackenzie is gna beat nathann ice illusion n blondie etc in his exmas so they are jus jealous. i dont wnt to get involved tho as ive got english in th bag. I am however worried that i may have dropped a mark in th close reading from a marking scheme ive seen.

#104 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 24 May 2006 - 09:28 PM

its got nothing to do with being jealous. Its got everything to do with arrogance and trolls however

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#105 andymckenzie

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 10:55 PM

shut it dave ya doss. grow up, get a girlfriend and get out more.

#106 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 24 May 2006 - 11:01 PM

Thread opened again.

Any insults towards other members will result in them getting warned/moderator preview enabled.

Only post if you're discussing the 2006 exam.

#107 AM4R

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 10:39 AM

wow, what a topic, I thought i did ok in the exam but dropped quite a few marks in the close reading
::::::/\M/\R::::::

#108 **Bernadette**

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:I am currently in sixth year and I am doing higher music and advanced highers in maths chemistry and biology.<br />In fourth year I got six 1s in english, chemistry, biology, music, administration and modern studies. I also got 2 As in the int 2s I sat in french and maths. Last year I got five A's!! Woohoo!! I also sit piano exams so I have passed up to grade 6 practical and grade 5 theory so far. I would like to go on and study medicine.<br /><br />I like playing the piano, playing drums, dancing(tap, ballet, modern, highland, disco...), watching golf, tennis(I am not very good at playing but I love Wimbledon) reading, doing crosswords and loadsa other stuff! I am also trying to teach myself guitar which is funny!! I love music and I am going to see the Fratellis in feb and Razorlight in April!! Can't wait!! Some of my other favourite bands are snow patrol, blur, bloc party, radiohead, the kooks, oasis and of course the Beatles!!!!

Posted 25 May 2006 - 11:07 AM

How do you know your mark for the close reading?

#109 celticfcz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 11:27 AM

is there any places where close reading answers have been posted?

#110 kingding

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 03:42 PM

Erm, i found the essays alright actually, but im not sure about marks. I did number 4 (i think) about the flaws of Othello, and number 12 which if i remember rightly was the one about the change of mood. I did Ode to Autumn by John Keats for that one. I found the close reading altogether more challenging, so i was wondering if anyone has any idea about the approximate marks that you might need for an A in that?
cheers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users