Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What did you do? - HSN forum

What did you do?

109 replies to this topic

#1 AM4R

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 12:01 PM

So what questions did you all do and for what text in the Critical Essay?
::::::/\M/\R::::::

#2 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 12 May 2006 - 12:09 PM

4 and 15 dry.gif

#3 Dr-F

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 12:22 PM

1, A Streetcar Named Desire, and 7, Grace Notes. That was the most amount of fun I've had in a long time... tongue.gif

#4 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 12:23 PM

4 (tThe Crucible)and 12 (Death of a Naturalist). The two ideal questions I could have got.
I've done both of them in calss already and did decently in them. Although I might have messed up slightly, not sure if my analysis was sufficent.

#5 Pringles

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 12:24 PM

Q7 - Sunset Song
Q12 - Sonnet 12

Better questions than last year for me. How did everyone else find it?

#6 celticfcz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 12:24 PM

i did 4 - romeo and juliet and 5 - the great gatsby.

#7 Michael

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 12:53 PM

I did Q 5 and 12 for "The Catcher in the Rye" and "The Almond Tree" respectively.

#8 adilxs

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 12:55 PM

Q6 for 1984, and q14 for Brooklyncop/hotel room

Done a good one for 1984, totally messed up poetry...

#9 gm-school

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 01:06 PM

3- Death of a salesman
8- The great gatsby

The gatsby one was ok but I have messed up the DOAS one sad.gif
My higher revision notes:
http://www.gm-school.com/Higher/

#10 Gill

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 01:20 PM

i did Q3 for death of a salesman and Q12 for church going

think it went pretty well, which is good

#11 Rashail

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 01:22 PM

4- Macbeth
15- Shooting Stars

#12 herbeey

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 01:29 PM

4 - R&J
13 - Disabled

13 is the childhood one. I'm walking a fine line there.

As for people who did R&J in 4... what was the theme or whatever it was that you chose?

I chose something about the influence that the feud had beyond itself. Completely made that up on the spot, but it worked well.

My friend did 6 pages for one essay, and 3 for another.

My writing with usual A4 paper is roughly 16 words per line, in exams. It gets smaller for exams. I don't know whether the bigger lines affected this. Hopefully not, as I did two full pages for each. No more, no less.
Signatures suck. They clog up websites and serve no purpose.

#13 x_Claire_x

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Just Genreally Acting Like A Fool =P

Posted 12 May 2006 - 01:41 PM

4 - R+J - conflict

12 - the almond tree

i was happy ewith those questions biggrin.gif
Just Be Yourself It Doesn't Matter If It's Good Enough For Someone Else

#14 ScotlandGirl

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 02:09 PM

I almost don't want to say this but.. 12 for 'Assisi' (yeah I know I've probably failed that) and 5 for 'The Inheritors', which wasn't quite so bad.

#15 Mikey_Pee

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 02:37 PM

8 for Ethan Frome about the loss of the pickle dish when it broke, and how that ended up symbolising the break up of Ethan/Zeena's marriage. T'was a tough question but I felt that I nailed it.

12 for The Almond Tree, but I just don't think my analysis was good enough, so I can't be too hopeful there.

#16 frazboy

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 02:41 PM

8 - The Cone Gatherers

and Juno and the Paycock - character with flaws question.

My answer for 8 was either not relevent or at A level I think.

#17 jon2005

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 02:43 PM

Done the question about significance of the title on "The Pedestrian" by Ray Bradbury...and done the question that asks you to compare two poems by the same poet...done Glasgow 5th March and In the Snack bar by Edwin Morgan...think it went quite well...fingers crossed.

Can only hope Maths goes like this...can't see it tho lol!

#18 Klass Clown

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Lods... Im pretty much interested by everything but my main hobbies are:<br />-Art, of course, creating and observing.<br />-Music (I tend to be flexible when it comes to genres but Im a massive hip-hop fan)<br />-Sadly, politics (always taken an interest)<br />-And since studying Higher History Ive become very interested and fascinated by Nazi Germany (and all those crazy wee Neo-Nazi cults)<br />-Ive resently developed a craze for chuck taylors as well.<br /><br />Well thats basicaly it, obviously Im in to movies and reading and stuff like that but I presume most people are. (Oh, and the internet but most people on here probably are - lol... yeah that was kinda rubbish.)

Posted 12 May 2006 - 03:12 PM

im very happy. the questions were good.its interesting to here so many people (alike me) did q3 for ''d of a s'' . I also did q8 for girl with a pearl earring. no english ever again! laugh.gif
All or Nothing.

#19 mujb

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 03:35 PM

Questions for Romeo and Juliet and Catcher in the Rye were very bad. very little to write about in both of them. i done questions 4 and 7. dry.gif

#20 thegift_guitar

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 03:53 PM

I did question 4 on The Crucible, and ended up doin 12 on Iolaire. Think it went ok....... dry.gif lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users