Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
2004 Exam: Was there a mistake? - HSN forum

2004 Exam: Was there a mistake?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 18 June 2004 - 07:08 PM

OK it actually seems there wasn't a mistake with Question 12; although it has been commented on by my teacher and a few others as being 'very vague'.

The SQA have confirmed that it wasn't a mistake and the reason there were no arrows was because 'the link components can only load in certain components to produce the other two slides: and therefore there is no requirement for arrows to indicate this'.

Did anyone actually understand the question, because I still don't know what was precisely being asked.

#2 Allan

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 10:04 PM

That question was obviously beyond the scope of the course and shouldn't have been there since so many centres have commented on it.

Personally, I still don't understand the answer

#3 Gavers

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 09:27 AM

I'm doing that past paper at the moment, and can't see any difference between that question and any other IS question I've ever done - They're all completely confusing rolleyes.gif

Seriously though, I think the only truely confusing bit to me is the bit about which components from layer c (Within component layer ? ) are activated when those links are activated. And the naming the content of the components as well, thats a bit dodgy.

OOOOKKKKAAAYYYYYY........ Now, when I actually try and DO the question, it becomes apparent how confusing it is. Sorry for that last bit of posting, can anyone clear it up for me, and tell me what the answers to the whole question are?

#4 Ryan

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Working Hard!! Yeah.

Posted 10 May 2005 - 02:28 PM

This is the same with the question in one of the previous papers, which required a four(maybe five)-way concatenated key, and you are taught two-way concatenated keys, but should know about three-way.

Strange why they do this. Hope its not like this in the final this year

#5 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:49 PM

lol it was quite funny last year because a day before the exam me and Alan were swapping notes and my teacher had given me a copy of the hypermedia prelim and one of the questions in it was exactly the same as the one that appeared the following day! tongue.gif biggrin.gif ohmy.gif

Question 13 ( c ) it was.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users