Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
THE QUESTIONS TOMORROW! - HSN forum

THE QUESTIONS TOMORROW!

21 replies to this topic

#1 AM4R

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 05:22 PM

If you look at the SQP 2003 paper and the proper 2003 paper the questions are nearly exactly the same. If you look at this click
these are the 2006 SQP paper
does that mean these will be our questions?

What do you think?
::::::/\M/\R::::::

#2 Cat_1990

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE(AM4R @ May 11 2006, 06:22 PM) View Post

If you look at the SQP 2003 paper and the proper 2003 paper the questions are nearly exactly the same. If you look at this click
these are the 2006 SQP paper
does that mean these will be our questions?

What do you think?

obviously not.

#3 AM4R

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 05:29 PM

thats what happened with the 03 paper though.

#4 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 11 May 2006 - 05:33 PM

There's only so many questions and ways of asking you the same question that they have.

#5 *Kiran*

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 05:42 PM

We did that paper as a prelim!

#6 Pringles

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 05:47 PM

God it would be good if that was what happened

#7 AM4R

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 05:51 PM

it really wouldn't! No decent q's for Visiting Hour or Assisi. And only Sybolism for Sunset Song.

#8 Rashail

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 05:56 PM

question 15 is perfect for visiting hour!

and it seems to be the same as the sqp for 2003 but showing the new layout for this year...

#9 AM4R

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE(jockeyrach7889 @ May 11 2006, 06:56 PM) View Post

and it seems to be the same as the sqp for 2003 but showing the new layout for this year...

oops i missed question 15 tongue.gif better not do that tomorrow!

#10 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 11 May 2006 - 06:01 PM

That would suck if those questions came up, not one I could use for the poem I studied...

#11 Cat_1990

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE(AM4R @ May 11 2006, 06:51 PM) View Post

it really wouldn't! No decent q's for Visiting Hour or Assisi. And only Sybolism for Sunset Song.

oooh im doin visiting hour and assisi biggrin.gif

#12 Pringles

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 06:15 PM

Q. 15 is perfect for Assisi as well

#13 AM4R

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 06:25 PM

yeah i suppose but there are better questions to get a better mark from. With Q15 for Assisi you can just talk about the disfigured beggar. His/Her emotions are not really conveyed.

Any for Sunset Song there? Hope tomorrows paper is different!

#14 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 06:44 PM

It won't be the same

#15 pinkmartini

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 07:09 PM

Are these not just the same questions which were in the 2003 SQP anyway?

Don't think these will be the ones that come up, at least I hope not!

#16 gm-school

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 07:24 PM

These are the exact same questions that were in the 2003 SQP but with the new 2006 layout so these questions have nothing to do with the exam tomorrow sadly sad.gif
My higher revision notes:
http://www.gm-school.com/Higher/

#17 lipu

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 07:38 PM

DO you realy think the SQA would be stupid enough to publish our exam questions - don't think so. It defeats the purpose of the exam. IF that was the case they may as well have said "okay then, submit two essays doen at home in as much time as you want on any text you wish on any quesion that you like with the texts and notes in front of you..."
Law and Management Student
Robert Gordon University

------
George Orwell provided us with a warning, not an Instruction Manual
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little termporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety

Without freedom to offend, freedom of expression ceases to exist

#18 Mikey_Pee

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 08:33 PM

I reckon I could be in for an A if that were the case smile.gif

Aye, like pinkmartini said, these are the same questions from the SQP 2003. After much dancing around and joy, I have to admit that these questions (In their current format) won't come up tomorrow. However, it is possible that one or some of them may be re-written or put in another format and then be in the exam tomorrow.

At the end of the day, there really are only a certain amount of ways to ask the same question.

I can see something coming up on a technique though. Symbolism, setting, that kind of thing. Not theme though, it is clearly mentioned in the top box, so I can't see them making a question on it.

#19 crazy4dunst

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 09:17 PM

ohmy.gif NOT ONE QUESTION THERE I CUD DO FOR DR JEKYLL AND MR HYDE! ohmy.gif

#20 Mikey_Pee

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 06:22 AM

Symbolism and overbearing character would both be good questions! Look at the 2005 paper. All 4 questions could fit Jekyll & Hyde.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users