Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Goodbye 6th year - HSN forum

Goodbye 6th year

11 replies to this topic

#1 wikked-dfc

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 11:59 PM

So after 13 Long years, School finished for me today

seemed strange, I thought I shoulda felt something but I never

We had a massive Egg, Water, flour, batter mix and shower gel fight at the park, got totally covered, it dried in, it was minghing. Had last class with year head who was moany at first cos we had trashed the common room which ended up being locked, then she was close to tears cos we were all leavin.

Can't believe that 13/18ths of my life so far are over now and the rest is about to begin.

Think it will finally hit me when the schools go back after the exams and i realise I wont ever be going back to my school again and seeing everyone everyday.

Anyone else saddened by the end of school

#2 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 11 May 2006 - 12:04 AM

when i left i really wasnt happy and basically refused to believe i was going to
uni. Cos i am quite scared and nervous in new situations but now i never think about school and stuff like that i feel at home with getting up at 6am and getting to uni.

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#3 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 11 May 2006 - 12:07 AM

I was ectastic to leave school, the people in my class were basically jerks.

#4 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 01:05 AM

i miss school, sometimes. i mean, i definitely wouldn't go back - uni is so much better - but still. i can't believe its been 2 years since i left.
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#5 Pringles

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 06:20 PM

So after 13 Long years, School finished for me today

seemed strange, I thought I shoulda felt something but I never

We had a massive Egg, Water, flour, batter mix and shower gel fight at the park, got totally covered, it dried in, it was minghing. Had last class with year head who was moany at first cos we had trashed the common room which ended up being locked, then she was close to tears cos we were all leavin.

Can't believe that 13/18ths of my life so far are over now and the rest is about to begin.

Think it will finally hit me when the schools go back after the exams and i realise I wont ever be going back to my school again and seeing everyone everyday.

Anyone else saddened by the end of school

Our year had a big food / shaving foam/ketchup/waterballoons fight aswell it was good apart from when the police were called in.
It has kind of sunk in a little bit today. But it wont properly until after the exams and the schools go back and when I go to uni.

#6 Vixus

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE(The Wedge Effect @ May 11 2006, 01:07 AM) View Post

Ditto. I only had a few real friends. The rest I'd rather forget.

#7 Pringles

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE(The Wedge Effect @ May 11 2006, 01:07 AM)

Ditto. I only had a few real friends. The rest I'd rather forget.

Yeh was glad to leave school will probs never speak to 80% of them ever again

#8 lipu

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 07:12 PM

My Last day of school was Wednesday and I left singing "always look on the bright side of life" from Monty Python.
Law and Management Student
Robert Gordon University

------
George Orwell provided us with a warning, not an Instruction Manual
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little termporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety

Without freedom to offend, freedom of expression ceases to exist

#9 cc100

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 09:48 PM

Well, here's my blog entry from my last day if anyone's interested:

Yes, Wednesday was my last ever day at school. Can't say I was that sad to be honest. Especially seeing as I had such a lovely day!

Went in early and did the whole shirt-signing thing, then went to the last ever Mods *tear, tear* Miss Dean gave us some words of wisdom for our lives. Mine was:

"Never trust a man who wears white socks and black shoes." Mrs Graeme promptly corrected it to "Never trust a man" lol. Nevertheless, we spent the day asking any guy who had the misfortune to come across us: "What colour of socks are you wearing?!"

Then, after hanging around jumping on the furniture in the common room, me writing my first ever bit of graffiti, and Yvonne crawling about the floor in History getting books, WE LEFT! *Waves goodbye to the prison* Everyone else had headed off to Moredun, but when I thought about it, I didn't want to spend my day throwing food at people and, of course, having it thrown at me. So us civilised beings (that is Team Dave) took a trip to Largs. Twas an absolutely glorious day and so we went to the beach (yes, there is a nice bit on Largs beach) and sunbathed, "played football" and built sandcastles. We then met Laura and Natalie and saw Martin Compston buying ice cream. Cue 6 drooling girls lol.

At night we went to this restaurant called "Fluid" for a 3 course meal (I know, I'm supposed to be saving for Barca and London baybee, but it was our last ever day at school and we felt we had to mark the occasion!) Twas a bit of a nightmare to be honest - Yvonne (who is veggie) found CHICKEN in her "veggie" fajitas. Tut tut! But things certainly perked up by dessert time...!!

So all in all, we spent about 3 hours in this restaurant and then we decided to have a wee laugh before we got the train home. So we go to "Victoria Wine" and buy 4 cans of "Red Bull" and then we couldn't resist singing: "Well tomorrow there's no school so let's go drink some more Red Bull and not get home till about 6 o clock... OOHHH WOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAW!"

I didn't get home till about 11.30! Who knew that you could spend the whole day in Largs and have so much fun?!

Claire xxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah, that was long and probs doesn't make sense but saves me typin out a big reply about my last day smile.gif
"...You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise....
Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."

**Maya Angelou**

Si tu le fais, le fais bien ou ne le fais pas.

Against terrorism and in favour of peace.
Contra el terrorismo y a favor de la paz.

An eye for an eye will turn the world blind.
Ojo por ojo y el mundo acabará ciego.
~Gandhi~

#10 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 17 May 2006 - 09:22 PM

I'll miss the people, but that is all

I'm glad to be out of school now, was always treated like a kid. Only a few teachers treated me like an adult.

#11 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:mm.... to lazy to say

if your really interested you can just ask!

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 21 May 2006 - 05:38 PM

will miss school. knew everyone in the place and talked to all the teachers like they were mates. my maths teacher even got me a cake on my birthday this yr with candles and everything. biggrin.gif got a card from the maths dept and everything. used to have great banter with all the members of staff. will miss all my mates aswell. got on with everyone in my yr and know them all pretty well. same with the yr below me.

still going in for exams and everything atm so it doesn't seem like i have left. won't hit me till i am gone.

EDIT* bit of overkill on the phrase "..and everything" ach well. bah

#12 Moniker42

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 12:23 AM

I've still got one year left.. it's a really weird feeling leaving (or seeing people leave) and knowing there are hundreds of people you never really got to know, or left on bad terms with, or know you won't speak to ever again - it's not necessarily a bad feeling - but it's a weird one and some people find it difficult to cope with. In fact, i had a minor case of it while walking home from school today for some reason... just really... you know... *thoughtful expression*. It's a bit like all your emotions chucked into a your head like a blender and someone presses the button without the lid on...
- "hey, nice metaphor"
- "thanks"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users