Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Credit and Higher Maths Exam - HSN forum

Credit and Higher Maths Exam

13 replies to this topic

#1 xXxHeatherxXx

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 08:33 PM

I've just seen a copy of this years credit paper and it is extremely easy! It was soooo much easier than the 2005 one that I sat. So, does it usually follow suit that the Higher Maths paper will be relatively ok?

#2 George

Child Prodigy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 09:02 PM

No, I don't think so smile.gif

As far as I know, it's a completely different group of people that write the Credit and Higher papers, so there's no way to compare them really.

Anyway, I don't think they decide to "write a hard paper" one year, after people found the previous year's one easy.

It doesn't matter how hard the paper is - just keep your cool, and do the best you can. Everyone's in the same boat smile.gif

#3 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 05 May 2006 - 09:02 PM

well my brother sat the credit paper this year and thought it was quite hard

anyway no it doesnt follow that the higher paper will be easy as its different people who make each paper

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#4 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 06 May 2006 - 04:24 PM

Last years credit was just a beast, hence why the pass went down to like 31-32% for a 2

#5 xXxHeatherxXx

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE(Richard_05 @ May 6 2006, 05:24 PM) View Post

Last years credit was just a beast, hence why the pass went down to like 31-31% for a 2

Really!!

#6 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 06 May 2006 - 05:32 PM

I think so, it may just have been one element though

#7 *Kiran*

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE(Richard_05 @ May 6 2006, 05:24 PM) View Post

Last years credit was just a beast

I concur.

#8 ad absurdum

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Interests:Muzak.

Posted 06 May 2006 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE(Richard_05 @ May 6 2006, 06:32 PM) View Post

I think so, it may just have been one element though
Yeah, you were right, I'm looking at the grade boundaries just now and in the paper two for reasoning and evaluation last year you needed 14/45 for a 2, which is just over 31%
HMFC - Founded 1874, beefing the Cabbage since 1875

#9 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 11:57 PM

http://news.scotsman.com/education.cfm?id=2132892005

#10 x_Claire_x

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Just Genreally Acting Like A Fool =P

Posted 07 May 2006 - 11:52 AM

lol and it makes you feel bad when you know that and got a 2 sad.gif
Just Be Yourself It Doesn't Matter If It's Good Enough For Someone Else

#11 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Well I like a WIDE variety of things! haha i sound like a freak!<br />Anyways, I LOVE!!! music! ooh sooo much!!<br />haha i also like shopping and ehhm, drama and talking and swimmin(woo look at me aint i fit (not)) and ehhh thats all folks! haha! man i laugh alot! and i can talk for scotland! dont put iot past me i rambol on a lot!!

Posted 07 May 2006 - 11:55 AM

Yeah the credit last year was horrible! everybody came out of it going.."ehhh WHAT?!?" someone said it was like the hadrest one in ten years or something!
Grrrrrr!!

#12 dusty_pumpkins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 08:12 PM

All i can say is how the hell do u do that stupid badge question?! I cant remember if it was P1 or 2 but i still can't do it. its probably incredibly obvious...

#13 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE(dusty_pumpkins @ May 17 2006, 09:12 PM) View Post

All i can say is how the hell do u do that stupid badge question?! I cant remember if it was P1 or 2 but i still can't do it. its probably incredibly obvious...

i hated that question....the rest of the exam was pretty straight forward though, i thought

#14 crazycat89

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 04:09 PM

i realised how to do the badge question as soon as i came out the exam.. it was pythagoras, and u had to know the 3,4,5 triangle..and yeh by looking at this years credit paper, it was far easier than ours! sad.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users