Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Edinburgh Accommodation - HSN forum - Page 2

Edinburgh Accommodation

33 replies to this topic

#21 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:53 AM

Yeah, you can have a fridge in your room. My flat mate has one. I don't see why it would be harder making friends in a SC flat than in Pollock. There is a thread on photos of accomodation here (not many photos in it though): http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=178436
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#22 Vixus

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 05:23 PM

I can't see the pictures until my account has been approved. But anyway, Darroch Court is obviously one of the most popular. Is it really the only one with washing machines?

Should I apply quickly before it gets taken?

#23 Jill1405

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE(Scott @ May 3 2006, 04:39 PM) View Post

Pollock is about 25-30 minutes walk to Kings Buildings.

is there a bus???

#24 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 04 May 2006 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE(Jill1405 @ May 4 2006, 06:52 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Scott @ May 3 2006, 04:39 PM) View Post

Pollock is about 25-30 minutes walk to Kings Buildings.

is there a bus???

There's a free bus from George Square to Kings Buildings every 20 minutes or so or you can get the Lothian Buses 42 which takes you straight outside KB. Also, if you walk to South Clerk Street/Nicolson Street you can get the 37, 31 which take you within 2 minutes walk of it. Most of the others: 3, 8, 29 nd some others can take you to about 5 minutes walking time.

#25 Vixus

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 10:07 PM

bred: Referring to that thread, the rooms at Darroch Court look smaller than your room (wherever you're staying).

#26 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 05 May 2006 - 09:25 PM

It is ages since I've been at Darroch Court so I'm not sure what the size of the flats is like there...I don't think I've been there sober is probably a more honest reason. Anyway, the photos of my flat were taken with a wide angle lens to show as much of the room as possible, standard lenses probably make rooms look smaller than they are. My room is quite small though. The other self catering residences (e.g. South Clerk street, where I'm staying) do have washing machines (and tumble dryers) but they are in a laundry room and you have to put coins in them each time you use them. Darroch Court has washing machines in each flat that you don't have to pay for each use, but the flat's rent per week is more.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#27 Vixus

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 09:57 PM

Thanks for the info. I think Darroch Court may be a good idea then. I'll take a look at it this weekend.

#28 Jill1405

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 09:41 PM

hey
when do we find out what accommodation we will get in edinburgh? and where abouts this info will be?

#29 Vixus

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 10:20 PM

I hope you've applied, the deadline was the 31st May. If you have applied, and your offer ends up Unconditional and Firm, they will send you an offer by email within two weeks of receiving the application. You can track the progress of your app through the site.

#30 Jill1405

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE(Vixus @ Jun 5 2006, 11:20 PM) View Post

I hope you've applied, the deadline was the 31st May. If you have applied, and your offer ends up Unconditional and Firm, they will send you an offer by email within two weeks of receiving the application. You can track the progress of your app through the site.

yeah i have but i havent had an email or anything to say anything about where i will be staying.

#31 Vixus

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 06:52 PM

I haven't yet either. Probably the earlier you applied the earlier the reply.

#32 Jill1405

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 10:15 AM

i'm staying in holland house block D, any1 no wats its like?

Jill
xx

#33 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 04 September 2006 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE(Jill1405 @ Sep 4 2006, 11:15 AM) View Post
i'm staying in holland house block D, any1 no wats its like?

Jill
xx

Holland House is one of the better ones at Pollock. Been in there a few times and it's pretty nice and I haven't heard anybody say a bad word about it. smile.gif

#34 Vixus

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 10:12 PM

Well, I'm checking it out tomorrow. I hope self-catering was a good choice. tongue.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users