Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Revising - HSN forum

Revising

49 replies to this topic

#1 Klass Clown

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Lods... Im pretty much interested by everything but my main hobbies are:<br />-Art, of course, creating and observing.<br />-Music (I tend to be flexible when it comes to genres but Im a massive hip-hop fan)<br />-Sadly, politics (always taken an interest)<br />-And since studying Higher History Ive become very interested and fascinated by Nazi Germany (and all those crazy wee Neo-Nazi cults)<br />-Ive resently developed a craze for chuck taylors as well.<br /><br />Well thats basicaly it, obviously Im in to movies and reading and stuff like that but I presume most people are. (Oh, and the internet but most people on here probably are - lol... yeah that was kinda rubbish.)

Posted 27 April 2006 - 05:31 PM

I was thinking, as much as it is good to talk about subjects, it's not the most effective way of revising. So is any1 interested in testing each other or something? I mean, ask questions and stuff. Just a thought... smile.gif
All or Nothing.

#2 rachiebabes

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 01:34 PM

yeh that sounds good...who wants to go first? smile.gif
[post="http://Rachiebabes07.bebo.com"]My Bebo[/post]

#3 x_Claire_x

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Just Genreally Acting Like A Fool =P

Posted 07 May 2006 - 11:48 AM

i suppose it would be a good idea to say what topics we're all doing first tongue.gif

i'm doing,

electoral systems & voting behaviour
health care in the uk
ethnic minorities in the usa
what about you guys?

Just Be Yourself It Doesn't Matter If It's Good Enough For Someone Else

#4 Sparktom

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 05:21 PM

Same

heres one

Q. Name 5 Discentives for ethinic minorities to vote?

#5 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 11 May 2006 - 06:13 PM

I'm doing eh, Government of Scotland, Global Security & Health care

#6 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Well I like a WIDE variety of things! haha i sound like a freak!<br />Anyways, I LOVE!!! music! ooh sooo much!!<br />haha i also like shopping and ehhm, drama and talking and swimmin(woo look at me aint i fit (not)) and ehhh thats all folks! haha! man i laugh alot! and i can talk for scotland! dont put iot past me i rambol on a lot!!

Posted 12 May 2006 - 02:33 PM

im doing :
Electoral systems and voting behaviour (4)
Healthcare (6)
Politics of food (12)
Oh i cant belive its on monday!!!! I am dreading it and i dont know why!!! blink.gif
Grrrrrr!!

#7 x_Claire_x

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE(loved-up-loon @ May 12 2006, 03:33 PM) View Post

im doing :
Electoral systems and voting behaviour (4)
Healthcare (6)
Politics of food (12)
Oh i cant belive its on monday!!!! I am dreading it and i dont know why!!! blink.gif

lol same here! im doing some studying just now, this and english was the ones i'm dreading just got my DME prelim back .. got an A woohoo

#8 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Well I like a WIDE variety of things! haha i sound like a freak!<br />Anyways, I LOVE!!! music! ooh sooo much!!<br />haha i also like shopping and ehhm, drama and talking and swimmin(woo look at me aint i fit (not)) and ehhh thats all folks! haha! man i laugh alot! and i can talk for scotland! dont put iot past me i rambol on a lot!!

Posted 12 May 2006 - 03:20 PM

Well done on your A! I know this and english are my worst subjects (along with french) and it doesnt help that french is on tuesday! Need to spend all weekend revising for them! mad.gif
Grrrrrr!!

#9 x_Claire_x

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 03:53 PM

thanks, hopefully it will be ok as english was lol!

#10 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 04:21 PM

yeah hopefully!! i really hope so!
Grrrrrr!!

#11 x_Claire_x

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 04:29 PM

u got msn?
smile.gif

#12 lipu

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 06:18 PM

Here are some questions for you:

Electoral systems and voting behaviour
1) Briefly describe 3 factors that have an effect on the way the electroate cast their vote.
2) List the Advantages and Disadvantages of the Proportional Representation (as relevant to Scotland)
3) List 3 ways in which a pressure group can influence the decision making process.

Politics of food
1) List three reasons of food shortages in Africa

ethnic Minorities in the USA
1) List three signs of political advancement of ethnic minorities in the USA
2) List two signs of economic advancement of ethnic minorities in the USA
3) List three signs of social advancement of ethnic minorities in the USA

Good luck with the Higher on Monday!
Law and Management Student
Robert Gordon University

------
George Orwell provided us with a warning, not an Instruction Manual
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little termporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety

Without freedom to offend, freedom of expression ceases to exist

#13 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 12:05 PM

Quick question:
Does the internet count as a form of media? I dont really have alot to write about on the media, in class we covered newspapers, Tv, spin and opinion polls.
Grrrrrr!!

#14 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 13 May 2006 - 12:07 PM

Yes.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#15 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 12:09 PM

thanks!
Grrrrrr!!

#16 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 09:42 AM

ok another question (Im really bad at modern studies)
What sort of things is everybody learning for Electoral Systems andvoting behaviour, Healthcare, and politics of food?
For electoral systems and voting behaviour, im trying to learn the voting systems (FPTP,AMS,PR), the media, social class and other influences. but im really stumped as to what to know for healthcare. (why do i leave everything to the last minute!!!!)
Grrrrrr!!

#17 Klass Clown

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Lods... Im pretty much interested by everything but my main hobbies are:<br />-Art, of course, creating and observing.<br />-Music (I tend to be flexible when it comes to genres but Im a massive hip-hop fan)<br />-Sadly, politics (always taken an interest)<br />-And since studying Higher History Ive become very interested and fascinated by Nazi Germany (and all those crazy wee Neo-Nazi cults)<br />-Ive resently developed a craze for chuck taylors as well.<br /><br />Well thats basicaly it, obviously Im in to movies and reading and stuff like that but I presume most people are. (Oh, and the internet but most people on here probably are - lol... yeah that was kinda rubbish.)

Posted 14 May 2006 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE(loved-up-loon @ May 14 2006, 10:42 AM) View Post

ok another question (Im really bad at modern studies)
What sort of things is everybody learning for Electoral Systems andvoting behaviour, Healthcare, and politics of food?
For electoral systems and voting behaviour, im trying to learn the voting systems (FPTP,AMS,PR), the media, social class and other influences. but im really stumped as to what to know for healthcare. (why do i leave everything to the last minute!!!!)

Okay well first you say your going to learn fptp,ams and pr which unfortunatly isnt enough. pr is an umberella term and you need to know a couple of pr systems eg. stv. Also, for health just try and have a basic knowledgeof the NHS and its background (original aims etc.) as well as how it has changed through different government periods and the causes of health inequalities. smile.gif
All or Nothing.

#18 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 14 May 2006 - 10:06 AM

Lots of Information for Electoral systems on Wikipedia (alongside some good patter, so it looks like you really know your stuff)

Majority Systems

Plurality Voting Systems (First Past The Post)
Instant-runoff Voting (Alternative Vote System)
Supplementary Vote System

Proportional Representation Systems

General Proportional Representation
Party List System
Single Transferable Vote
Additional Member System

You can use Wikipedia in general to grab alot of upto date statistics.

#19 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 10:09 AM

Thanks for the help! Really usefull! biggrin.gif

Edit: Would learning the aims of the NHS/funding crisis (and things related to that), Private healthcare, Community care/Elederly and inequalities in health be enough for the Healthcare topic?
Grrrrrr!!

#20 Klass Clown

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 11:52 AM

More than enough yes. Thats all you could possibly revise. I might dosome elderly revision later but ive finished my revision without even looking at it, my class realy rushed it so I think ill avoid it. But it sounds like youll do fine..
All or Nothing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users