Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
2 Exams - HSN forum

2 Exams

12 replies to this topic

#1 J_2600

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:30 PM

Did anyone here take both higher geography and higher computing and now has found out that they are both on the same day according to the SQA timetable?

I'm in this situation and I don't know how I'm going to cope, because these are the 2 subjects I needs As in and I know by the end of the day I will lose careless marks because of tireness.

#2 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:43 PM

There are lots of people in a similar position to you, not just with Geography and Computing, but there are also clashes with
Music and Physics (17th),
Gaelic and Chemistry and Media (30th),
and I also know of one person who has to be accompanied by an invigilator for about an hour because they had two exams on at the same time

I think its ridiculous that the SQA continue to schedule the same exams on the same days year on year. For example, I know that Chemistry and Gaelic have been on the same day for at least the last two years, and if it happens again next year, it'll mean that I'm going to have 2 AH exams on the same day sad.gif

#3 J_2600

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 07:03 PM

2 AH's on the same day ?! That is tough.

#4 Sammie

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:Stuff... mainly Fall Out Boy

Posted 19 April 2006 - 07:06 PM

...I though I was bad with Higher Geog then Higher Chem the day after eachother...
"Crowds are won and lost and won again, but our hearts beat for the diehards"

#5 Tay

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 07:24 PM

I'm in that position, but I take it the school has no control over moving exams to more suitable dates?

#6 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Well I like a WIDE variety of things! haha i sound like a freak!<br />Anyways, I LOVE!!! music! ooh sooo much!!<br />haha i also like shopping and ehhm, drama and talking and swimmin(woo look at me aint i fit (not)) and ehhh thats all folks! haha! man i laugh alot! and i can talk for scotland! dont put iot past me i rambol on a lot!!

Posted 19 April 2006 - 07:30 PM

Id hate to have to exams on the same day, was like that for my prelims and it was my two most stressfull,writing filled subjects and by the end of the day it felt like my arm was going to fall off!!
Right i think its time i did some studying... tongue.gif
Grrrrrr!!

#7 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE(Tay @ Apr 19 2006, 08:24 PM) View Post

I'm in that position, but I take it the school has no control over moving exams to more suitable dates?

They can move times, but not dates...if you changed dates, you'd have to take an invigilator home with you...and I dont think either of you would like that wink.gif

#8 Tay

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 07:31 PM

Haha, no thank you.

#9 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 08:45 PM

I'm lucky this year. I have a day between my closest exams.
Good luck with those exams on the same day. Hopefully you'll be alright. When I had my prelims I had english reading then both maths exams and I did best on the last exam. It didn't feel like it when I did it.

#10 Gill

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 03:50 PM

yeah i have 2 exams on the same day too

i have my higher modern studies and higher accounting on the same day, not lookin forward to it

don't know if my hand will have recovered in time for the accounting exam, might try to become ambidextrous biggrin.gif

#11 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 23 April 2006 - 11:22 PM

i had int2 ms and higher comp on same day last year, did fine in both exams so dont worry people

#12 gsmushet1

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 08:34 PM

Yeah i'm doing Higher Geography and Computing:^)..bit of a pain. My hand is going to be mutilated by the end of the day...i tend to over write for my answers in geography, as if there isn't enough to write already! I guess it isn't that bad though because it means i'm only in 4 days that month instead of 5!

#13 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 03:02 PM

Last year it was Accounts and Geography on the same day. I picked both.

This year I got AH Geography and Higher Computing on the same day. sad.gif

Not as bad as someone in my AH Geography class...he's got AH Computing the same day too. Muahaha.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users