Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Intermediate 2 Computing - HSN forum

Intermediate 2 Computing

12 replies to this topic

#1 CurrieG2

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 04:50 PM

Hi

Starting Crash Higher Int 2 Computing

Do u think it is worthwhile doing in S6 and what is the course like?

CurrieG2

Thanks wink.gif

#2 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 04:52 PM

Your starting Higher Int 2 Computing???

Is it Int 2 or Higher level?

#3 $impl_ih

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 05:17 PM

As the topic is Intermediate 2 Computing, here is some info

Computing: Intermediate 2

Why Computing?

Computing plays an increasingly important role in our work, homes and leisure activities. This course will provide you with an introduction to the fundamental principles and practice of computer systems. The activities you will undertake throughout the course will provide some challenges but also help you to enjoy the subject. The course is useful for those planning a career involving the use of computers but is also valuable in terms of general education and personal development.

Entry to the Course

This is at the discretion of the school/college. There are no prescribed qualifications required to access this course.

Course Outline

The course is made up of three 40 hour units plus 40 hours of flexible time.

Computer Systems

This unit introduces you to the physical components of a computer system and examines how they function and interrelate with each other.

Software Development

This unit introduces you to the concepts and processes involved in producing computer programs.

Computing Project

This unit provides you with the opportunity to investigate an aspect of computing such as the Internet or multimedia.

Core Skills

Int.2 Problem Solving (Critical Thinking, Planning and Organising, Reviewing and Evaluating)
Int.2 IT (Using Information Technology)

Assessment

The course is assessed by a combination of internal assessment of course work by the teacher/lecturer and an external examination, set and marked by the SQA.

Progression

Successful completion of this course may lead to:

Higher in

Computing
Information Systems

A Scottish Group Award at Intermediate 2 in

Computing & Information Technology
Technology

Education and Training (NC/VQ); Employment in

Computing and IT
Science & Mathematics
Transport & Distribution

Hope this helps.

cool.gif
`..`._. $ m p l y _ h `..`._.

user posted image

#4 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 10:05 PM

I haven't done Int 2 Computing, only Standard Grade and Higher. I'm assuming that Int 2 Computing will be similar to Credit Standard Grade.

I found both Higher and SG very enjoyable and informative on how the computer works. I don't think there are any difficult concepts to learn, but there is a lot to remember.

#5 big singh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 12:21 PM

i was doing int 2 in s5 now i have changed my couse to higher but i think theres no drfference between them,

#6 south lanarkshire jag

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 12:52 PM

i got a b in higher computing and it isn't that difficult in relation to s-grade it's just the volume of stuff to learn that makes it hard

#7 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 06 November 2005 - 11:23 PM

My friends were going to do Higher, but the teacher thought they would fail the credit exam, so they decided to leave it til August to move into higher (we start back in June). Bad mistake there, no places left and stuck in Int 2. They said its just hard to pass due to how boring it is, they find it hard to concentrate lol. PC passport it is called?

#8 xkarenx

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 09:32 PM

I did Intermediate 2 Computing last year. In Standard Grade my teacher would not allow me to sit the Credit paper so I only achieved a 3 so I had no choice but to take Intermediate 2. From not doing much Credit in Stanard Grade it is hard to refer to it with Intermediate 2 but I know that Higher is not much different and only contains more informaiton in some parts and is a longer exam. If you pay attention and put in some effort it shouldn't be too difficult to pass I got an A. I'm now doing Higher and don't find it that much harder but that could be just me. If you have at least done Standard Grade and got a general mark you should be okay with it.

#9 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 02:42 PM

Int 2 is easier, or was easier, than credit. I sat the old computing exams you see. Did credit and then went on to do Higher. I had a friend who failed credit and did Int 2. Higher Computing wasn't too hard either. Its not because its easy or anything like that. Higher Computing had a lot of information but we could remember it because the subject was interesting!
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#10 weeronniesun

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 08:24 PM

i took int2 computin with no previous computing courses such as standard grade or anything and got 98%!!!! still wondering where that bloody two percent went!!

#11 st-and Paul

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Check facebook, i cant be bothered putting them all down again :P

Posted 03 March 2006 - 06:39 PM

Its similar to Higher in terms of content and structure of course. Only difference is that you leave some of the harder concepts in Higher out. A classmate last year failed the higher prelim and then found dropping down to Int 2 very straightforward because the course content was the same, just at a more basic level.

#12 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 04 March 2006 - 04:09 PM

Going by my teachers comments here

Int 2 would technically be easier as it only includes topics which get taken further to Higher level, and the course structure is the same.

Also makes the transition to higher easier as you have a stronger background in the subject.

#13 weeronniesun

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 07:21 PM

i took int2 last yr with no previous computing - in standard grade - and i got 98% in my exam...no revision...its general knowledge stuff

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users