Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
The School Day - HSN forum

The School Day

47 replies to this topic

#1 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 06:48 PM

I don't know if this was the best place to put this, but anyway.

I was wondering what everyone elses school day is like, cause mine, to be perfectly honest is crap sad.gif

Anyway, here it is

Nathan's School Day biggrin.gif

Period 1- 9:05 - 9:55
Period 2- 9:55 - 10:50
Registration (biggest waste of the day IMO)- 10:50 - 11:00

Interval- 11:00 - 11:15
Period 3- 11:15 - 12:05 These two periods are where my doubles are...everyday sad.gif
Period 4- 12:05 - 13:00

Lunch - 13:00 - 13:50
Period 5- 13:50 - 14:45
Period 6- 14:45 - 15:40

#2 wikked-dfc

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 08:01 PM

Today was fun

Had regi from ten to 9 til 9
Then a free period from 9 til ten to 10
then spanish from ten to 10, until quarter to 11,
Then went home, got changed, picked up people from school
went to the park to roll eggs and have a picnic, pwdal boats and childrens park toys lol
went in town
went home at quarter past 3!

Usually my days (exept tuesdays) just involve me sitting in the common room with all the banter for at least 2 periods, usually 3 a day and classes for the other periods unless Im driving to my other school for computing. ITs brilliant totally lovin these last few weeks of school I can just tell they are going to be great cos I have absolutely no pressure for any work or that so its just a social event for me now.Can't believe only 4 weeks til the end of school its so sad but also happy times too. I'll soon be able to go out and it wont be illegal anymore and i can go out more during the week to save money lol!

#3 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 08:27 PM

I have:
8.50-9.00 registration (so they can catch us if we're late)
9.00-9.55 1st period (today maths)
9.55-10.45 2nd period (again maths, why double maths first period first day back!, every second week we get biology)
10.45-11.00 break (trying to figure out what duty I was on)
11.00-11.55 3rd period (biology)
11.55-12.45 4th period (chemistry)
12.45-13.45 lunch (Was meant to be doing duty 12.45-13.05 but got the times muddled up and thought I was on 13.25-13.45 and accidently got a free)
13.45-14.40 5th period (physics)
14.40-15.35 6th period (english)

That is Tuesdays, 5th year, the times stay the same, subjects change. I should be geting a few in 6th year, at least they haven't come back to me saying I can't (but knowing my luck I'll end up with a buddy who wants me to come every free I have).

#4 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 02:07 PM

I'm not at school just now but if I was this is what it would be:

8.30 - 8.46 registration

this time is spent sleeping

8.46 - 9.42 music

should be: doing inventing.
in reality: seeing who can make the best screech on teh violin

9.42 - 10.38 art (taught period)

should be: in miss campbells classroom doing a portfolio review
in reality: begging for a fiver of mr macaulay to go down to tesco and but some sweets for the staff base.

10.38 - 10.53 break

should be: making sure the prefects are doing prefect duty
in reality: having a chat with the prefects to see what they did at the weekend

10.53 - 11.49 art

should be: working on my portfolio
in reality: working on portfolio, listening to the radio

11.49 - 12.45 free

should be: studying, school captain meeting with mr mcfedries at 12
in reality: painting and bopping around to music with nicole in art, stealing miss campbell's art materials. /trying to convince mr macfedries that i should not be a school captain.

12.45 - 1.35 lunch

should be: dinner hall duty
in reality: standing around for 20 minutes with leanne trippping up any first years that try to get by then escaping to the commn room for a mini Trondheim gig.

1.35 - 2.31 music

should be: music theory (listening)
in reality: exactly that! and doodling all over my notes.

2.31 - 3.27 free

should be: studying
in reality: on the bus hame/ getting pipes ready for band practise.

#5 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 19 April 2006 - 03:40 PM

hmmm your a great ambassidor aint you sharon.

so, fellow hsn'ers, DONT listen to miss Macleod, EVER!(well on study related issues anyway)

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#6 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 04:38 PM

those times are pretty specific...and i disagree with Dave...Sharon's day sounds like great fun tongue.gif:

#7 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Well I like a WIDE variety of things! haha i sound like a freak!<br />Anyways, I LOVE!!! music! ooh sooo much!!<br />haha i also like shopping and ehhm, drama and talking and swimmin(woo look at me aint i fit (not)) and ehhh thats all folks! haha! man i laugh alot! and i can talk for scotland! dont put iot past me i rambol on a lot!!

Posted 19 April 2006 - 05:04 PM

Grrrrr I hate school, and i detest being back!! I mean come on what sane person is even awake at 8.50? And they expect us to be at school by then...its a joke trying to get to school on time! And all we eat (apart from at lunch) is sweets...when did i become so unhealthy!!And its too long a day! by half 3 Im alseep again(you know after the early rise and all that) and then you are expected to go home and study?!?! AHHH!! mad.gif I need another holiday and we've only been back a day!!!!!!!

Rant over now...my my i sound so lazy!!! blink.gif
Grrrrrr!!

#8 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:05 PM

Sharon those times are really percise. Was it some sort of joke?

#9 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:26 PM

Nope, it isn't some sort of joke.

The trusty school diary. smile.gif

IPB Image

#10 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Well I like a WIDE variety of things! haha i sound like a freak!<br />Anyways, I LOVE!!! music! ooh sooo much!!<br />haha i also like shopping and ehhm, drama and talking and swimmin(woo look at me aint i fit (not)) and ehhh thats all folks! haha! man i laugh alot! and i can talk for scotland! dont put iot past me i rambol on a lot!!

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:28 PM

You get Friday afternoons off?! ohmy.gif
Wish I did...Would make life alot easier!! dry.gif
Grrrrrr!!

#11 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:30 PM

Yes...and hte best thing is, have free periods 3rd and 4th on a friday biggrin.gif

#12 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE(miss macleod @ Apr 19 2006, 07:30 PM) View Post

Yes...and hte best thing is, have free periods 3rd and 4th on a friday biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif

but of course, you go home and prepare for a weekend of studying, right? wink.gif

#13 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:52 PM

Duhhh. huh.gif

Don't listen to dave. I know how to study.

Ok, truthfully...on a friday, after a double period of music I go home and watch This Morning. Sometimes go food shopping with mum. Or a wander around Edinburgh.

But sometimes....I stay in school for another hour and do art work smile.gif

#14 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:54 PM

I wish i could watch This Morning sad.gif

I love info-tainment biggrin.gif

#15 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 21 April 2006 - 04:35 PM

Mines

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday:

Period 1 0900 to 0950
Period 2 0950 to 1040
Period T 1040 to 1100
Period I 1100 to 1115
Period 3 1115 to 1205
Period 4 1205 to 1255

Tuesday and Thursday

Period 1 0900 to 0955
Period 2 0955 to 1050
Period I 1050 to 1105
Period 3 1105 to 1200
Period 4 1200 to 1255

Everyday

Period L 1255 to 1340
Period 5 1340 to 1435
Period 6 1435 to 1530

Thats my week

#16 Sammie

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:Stuff... mainly Fall Out Boy

Posted 22 April 2006 - 03:03 PM

Every day.

8.50 - 9.05am Registration

9.05 - 10am First Perioud

10 - 10.55 Second Perioud

10.55 to 11.10 Break

11.10 to 12 Third perioud (DOUBLE)
12 to 12.50 Forth Perioud (DOUBLE)

12.50 to 1.40 Lunch.

1.40 to 2.35 Fith perioud
2.35 to 3.30 Sixth perioud.
"Crowds are won and lost and won again, but our hearts beat for the diehards"

#17 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 22 April 2006 - 06:31 PM

Pour moi...

Registration - 9am
Period 1 - 9:10am
Period 2 - 10:05am
Break - 11am
Period 3 - 11:15am
Period 4 - 12:07pm
Lunch - 1pm
Period 5 - 1:55pm
Period 6 - 2:50pm
Hame - 3:40pm

....although I go home at the start of lunch on a Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Having all double periods after lunch rocks! biggrin.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#18 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 23 April 2006 - 01:05 PM

Every day...

- Sleep until 12pm to 1pm.
- Eat some lunch
- Go on the computer and post on forums and chat on MSN
- Either stay in or go out for drinks.
- Sleep

rolleyes.gif

#19 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE(The Wedge Effect @ Apr 23 2006, 02:05 PM) View Post

Every day...

- Sleep until 12pm to 1pm.
- Eat some lunch
- Go on the computer and post on forums and chat on MSN
- Either stay in or go out for drinks.
- Sleep

rolleyes.gif

Haha!Your lucky! wish my day was like that..I cant even sleep till 12pm anymore at the weekend cause I have to get up and study study study.. sad.gif
Grrrrrr!!

#20 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 23 April 2006 - 11:13 PM

12pm doesn't exist.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users