Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
HAPPY EASTER! - HSN forum

HAPPY EASTER!

29 replies to this topic

#1 cc100

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 12:19 AM

Happy Easter everyone! smile.gif Hope the Easter bunny is good to you lol!
(I'm working in the morning though - isn't much of a celebration! Who in their right mind wants to go clothes shopping on Easter Sunday, anyway?!)
"...You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise....
Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."

**Maya Angelou**

Si tu le fais, le fais bien ou ne le fais pas.

Against terrorism and in favour of peace.
Contra el terrorismo y a favor de la paz.

An eye for an eye will turn the world blind.
Ojo por ojo y el mundo acabará ciego.
~Gandhi~

#2 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 16 April 2006 - 12:32 AM

Happy Easter to you too, and everyone else biggrin.gif
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#3 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:mm.... to lazy to say

if your really interested you can just ask!

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 16 April 2006 - 12:43 AM

Aye Happy Easter everyboby

Here does anyone paint and roll hard boiled eggs down a hill on easter sunday or is it just my disfunctional family?? unsure.gif

#4 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 03:34 AM

I gave that up ages ago sad.gif

Good times!

#5 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE(PK Barackis @ Apr 16 2006, 01:43 AM) View Post

Aye Happy Easter everyboby

Here does anyone paint and roll hard boiled eggs down a hill on easter sunday or is it just my disfunctional family?? unsure.gif

No we're doing that too....its for my wee bro's sake tho....and my mum was hiding mini eggs around the house as i was goin to bed....i mean, what's the easter bunny gonna do when he gets here unsure.gif

And yeah, Happy Easter, folks

#6 Gillz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:My name is Gillian and my main interests are: running, cycling, going to the gym, shopping (more of an addiction than an interest!), rock/indie music and going out with friends.<br /><br />I am currently in sixth year, studying AH Geography, H Maths and Crash H Business Management.<br /><br />I've applied for a mixture of Geography and Business at uni and have had some offers back, so looking forward immensely to starting uni next year wherever that may be! <br /><br />Standard Grade results:1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,3 for English, Geography, Admin, Physics, Chemistry, R.M.P.S, German, Art and Maths respectively.<br /><br />Fifth Year results: A,A,A,B,C for Int 2 Maths, H Physics, H Geography, H Chem and H English respectively.

Posted 16 April 2006 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE(cc100 @ Apr 16 2006, 01:19 AM) View Post

(I'm working in the morning though - isn't much of a celebration! Who in their right mind wants to go clothes shopping on Easter Sunday, anyway?!)

Happy Easter to you all!

With regard to that comment about going clothes shopping on Easter Sunday, i am going, (and yes i am perfectly sane!)

#7 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Well I like a WIDE variety of things! haha i sound like a freak!<br />Anyways, I LOVE!!! music! ooh sooo much!!<br />haha i also like shopping and ehhm, drama and talking and swimmin(woo look at me aint i fit (not)) and ehhh thats all folks! haha! man i laugh alot! and i can talk for scotland! dont put iot past me i rambol on a lot!!

Posted 16 April 2006 - 10:24 AM

Woo Happy Easter!!
Awwww I havent rolled eggs down hills in years sad.gif
Easters a great day! Egg hunts and rolling eggs used to be so exciting...What a fun childhood!
Grrrrrr!!

#8 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 10:37 AM

I wonder if anyone can tell me where the whole egg thing came from...

#9 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 16 April 2006 - 11:37 AM

I've just eaten an entire easter egg and bag of Mini Eggs in under 15 minutes. sad.gif

I am gross.

Happy Easter.
@

#10 Faiz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 12:22 PM

Happy easter

#11 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE(ermdeviation @ Apr 16 2006, 11:37 AM) View Post

Symbolizes the stone that was rolled away!

#12 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 16 April 2006 - 12:56 PM

Yip, the big stone in front of Jesus's Cave. his Pad, his Crib or what ever people called it tongue.gif

#13 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 16 April 2006 - 01:11 PM

Happy Easter! smile.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#14 maria

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 01:15 PM

Happy Easter smile.gif
Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping.
When you feel like giving up...just remember why you held on for so long.

#15 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 16 April 2006 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE(PK Barackis @ Apr 16 2006, 01:56 PM) View Post

Yip, the big stone in front of Jesus's Cave. his Pad, his Crib or what ever people called it tongue.gif

A tomb.

And happy 16th of March to non-Christians tongue.gif

#16 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE(Sodium_Ho @ Apr 16 2006, 02:33 PM) View Post

A tomb.

And happy 16th of March to non-Christians tongue.gif

16th of march? huh.gif

#17 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 16 April 2006 - 01:37 PM

April even LOL

*runs and hides*

#18 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE(coca @ Apr 16 2006, 01:50 PM) View Post

QUOTE(ermdeviation @ Apr 16 2006, 11:37 AM) View Post

Symbolizes the stone that was rolled away!

Wrong.

The idea of eggs originates (surprise, surprise!) from a pagan festival called "Eostremonat". It was said that a chicken was turned into a rabbit by a god/witch/whatever but that this rabbit still had the ability to lay eggs - the "Osterhase" or Easter Hare.

Once again, the unimaginative Christians couldn't be arsed thinking up their own festivals, so they just hijacked this pagan festival for their own ends. Much like Christmas, All-Saints Day etc.

So thar ye go - a cynical ploy by missionaries to increase the number of pagans who converted to Christianity.

#19 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Well I like a WIDE variety of things! haha i sound like a freak!<br />Anyways, I LOVE!!! music! ooh sooo much!!<br />haha i also like shopping and ehhm, drama and talking and swimmin(woo look at me aint i fit (not)) and ehhh thats all folks! haha! man i laugh alot! and i can talk for scotland! dont put iot past me i rambol on a lot!!

Posted 16 April 2006 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE(Gillz @ Apr 16 2006, 11:16 AM) View Post

QUOTE(cc100 @ Apr 16 2006, 01:19 AM) View Post

Happy Easter to you all!

With regard to that comment about going clothes shopping on Easter Sunday, i am going, (and yes i am perfectly sane!)

Haha that made me want to shop, so I did and spent waaaaaay too much money as I always do on one of my random shopping sprees!!! wub.gif
Grrrrrr!!

#20 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE(ermdeviation @ Apr 16 2006, 02:50 PM) View Post

Wrong.

The idea of eggs originates (surprise, surprise!) from a pagan festival called "Eostremonat". It was said that a chicken was turned into a rabbit by a god/witch/whatever but that this rabbit still had the ability to lay eggs - the "Osterhase" or Easter Hare.

Once again, the unimaginative Christians couldn't be arsed thinking up their own festivals, so they just hijacked this pagan festival for their own ends. Much like Christmas, All-Saints Day etc.

So thar ye go - a cynical ploy by missionaries to increase the number of pagans who converted to Christianity.

laugh.gif aye i know it was a pagan fest orginally rolleyes.gif couldn;t be bother writting all that for a start and to be honest i think every holiday comes from pagan festivals. sure seems like it wink.gif

Shame more didn;t come from like normay and finland and stuff some of theirs is much cool. Santa gives up his reindeer and rides a magical Goat(the lord of the sky) to deliver all the pressies there tongue.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users