Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
HealthCare! - HSN forum

HealthCare!

4 replies to this topic

#1 x_Claire_x

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Just Genreally Acting Like A Fool =P

Posted 14 April 2006 - 10:49 AM

to put it blatantly i have no clue about anything in this topic!
i had a different teacher for this one topic and i haven't learnt a thing!
does anyone know of any good notes. ive got a textbook here but its too indepth and i dont understand! sad.gif
Just Be Yourself It Doesn't Matter If It's Good Enough For Someone Else

#2 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 14 April 2006 - 04:10 PM

Didn't do modern studies, but perhaps some of our medical sociology notes may help you.

They might be too basic, I don't know. MedSoc is just a single pass/fail exam we sit assessed by 2 essays.

See here: http://www.bio.cam.ac.uk/sbs/facbiol/mvst/mvst1a/medsoc.html
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#3 cc100

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 05:16 PM

There's some stuff on the NHS etc. on the Bitesize site:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/education/bi...ealth_rev.shtml

"...You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise....
Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."

**Maya Angelou**

Si tu le fais, le fais bien ou ne le fais pas.

Against terrorism and in favour of peace.
Contra el terrorismo y a favor de la paz.

An eye for an eye will turn the world blind.
Ojo por ojo y el mundo acabará ciego.
~Gandhi~

#4 x_Claire_x

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Just Genreally Acting Like A Fool =P

Posted 14 April 2006 - 09:03 PM

okay thanks guys wink.gif
Just Be Yourself It Doesn't Matter If It's Good Enough For Someone Else

#5 Klass Clown

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Lods... Im pretty much interested by everything but my main hobbies are:<br />-Art, of course, creating and observing.<br />-Music (I tend to be flexible when it comes to genres but Im a massive hip-hop fan)<br />-Sadly, politics (always taken an interest)<br />-And since studying Higher History Ive become very interested and fascinated by Nazi Germany (and all those crazy wee Neo-Nazi cults)<br />-Ive resently developed a craze for chuck taylors as well.<br /><br />Well thats basicaly it, obviously Im in to movies and reading and stuff like that but I presume most people are. (Oh, and the internet but most people on here probably are - lol... yeah that was kinda rubbish.)

Posted 13 May 2006 - 05:03 PM

Just try and have a basic knowledge of the NHS its origins, and of course, those original aims. Try and understand the private sector and its relationship with the NHS(eg. PFI, competitave tendering and joint ventures), and last but not least - the causes of health inequalities: -social class, geography, gender, ethnicity. Its good to have up to date examples if your aiming for an A...im supposed to be but i dont have any for this topic! smile.gif thats about it. Its realy not that complicated.
All or Nothing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users