Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What Musical Instrument(s) Can You Play? - HSN forum - Page 3

What Musical Instrument(s) Can You Play?

77 replies to this topic

#41 Sammie

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:Stuff... mainly Fall Out Boy

Posted 16 April 2006 - 03:45 PM

See to be able to do licks like that that takes tallent to beable to play green day that just takes fingers.
"Crowds are won and lost and won again, but our hearts beat for the diehards"

#42 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 16 April 2006 - 05:48 PM

lol i like your thinking happy.gif

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#43 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE(Sammie @ Apr 16 2006, 04:45 PM) View Post

See to be able to do licks like that that takes tallent to beable to play green day that just takes fingers.

Yeah...though the number of people I've heard who obviously have NO concept of timing, tune or rhythm playing away in a guitar shop is embarassing. They need to get over the whole "I want to play guitar because it's fashionable" stuff. And learn how to tune the instrument too.

#44 Sammie

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:Stuff... mainly Fall Out Boy

Posted 16 April 2006 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE(ermdeviation @ Apr 16 2006, 11:53 PM) View Post

Yeah...though the number of people I've heard who obviously have NO concept of timing, tune or rhythm playing away in a guitar shop is embarassing. They need to get over the whole "I want to play guitar because it's fashionable" stuff. And learn how to tune the instrument too.

hahaha seriously annoying when you walk in to a guitar shop and hear people playing tunes and its wrong...like...learn the chords man...walked in to McCormacs the other week and a guy was playing time of your life and I had to bit my toung from yelling at him its in the wrong key...its liek...Ive taught myself for four years and if I can tell its out of key any one can.
"Crowds are won and lost and won again, but our hearts beat for the diehards"

#45 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 10:10 AM

QUOTE(nathanm @ Apr 16 2006, 04:31 PM) View Post

QUOTE(ermdeviation @ Apr 16 2006, 03:29 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Sammie @ Apr 16 2006, 03:16 PM) View Post

LOL! People think guitar is hard..it really isnt.

Depends how l33t you are at it, noob.

Watch.

Record me something like that and I'll take you seriously. tongue.gif

wow, that is pretty impressive

haha wooooow, yes that is impressive. i was sitting here ...with the "paralysed face" >> wink.gif and ohmy.gif watching that!

QUOTE(gizmo @ Apr 16 2006, 04:36 PM) View Post

does vocals count in this case? if so i don'e 6 years of classsical singingand now do solo's in classical as its hard for a lass to do rock.
gizmo
x

yeah i do some singing too, though not voluntarily. was forced to do some accompaniments for the highers over the past few years but i just find it plain embarassing ph34r.gif

however my sisters are good at singing - they love to go wiiiiild when they sing, but they do come out with nice harmonising stuff out of the blue too. huh.gif

here's an embarassing-sharon-fact: when i was wee i had to go to psalmody lessons. So, yes I know my do re mi 's as well wink.gif blush.gif

no "the new von trapp family singers" jokes pleaaaase dry.gif

#46 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 17 April 2006 - 11:42 AM

I sing, after all I'm the Singstar champ of my 6th Year! ohmy.gif biggrin.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#47 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 02:39 PM

Lets hear ye pal, lets hear ye!!!!! biggrin.gif

#48 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 03:05 PM

AYE! And where's those drums loops, yo'?

#49 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 17 April 2006 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE(ermdeviation @ Apr 17 2006, 04:05 PM) View Post

They'll be up when I work out how to put them online! biggrin.gif

IPB Image

#50 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 04:58 PM

Host them for free on YourFileLink! biggrin.gif

#51 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 17 April 2006 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE(djh1878 @ Apr 17 2006, 05:17 PM) View Post
QUOTE(ermdeviation @ Apr 17 2006, 04:05 PM) View Post

They'll be up when I work out how to put them online! biggrin.gif

You wanting some upload space?

#52 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:19 PM

Oops, mistype! I meant to say I'm trying to find a way to get them on my PC....and failing miserably. sad.gif Any way of plugging a microphone (proper one, mind) into a computer? Do I need an adaptor or something?

IPB Image

#53 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 09:43 PM

Haha, i'd record a drum solo for yas if i could... Actually, i think i could.

#54 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 17 April 2006 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE(djh1878 @ Apr 17 2006, 09:19 PM) View Post

Oops, mistype! I meant to say I'm trying to find a way to get them on my PC....and failing miserably. sad.gif Any way of plugging a microphone (proper one, mind) into a computer? Do I need an adaptor or something?

Need a size-converter-plug thing I think

£1 at your local musicshop!
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#55 skint_student

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE(Sammie @ Apr 17 2006, 12:48 AM) View Post

QUOTE(ermdeviation @ Apr 16 2006, 11:53 PM) View Post

hahaha seriously annoying when you walk in to a guitar shop and hear people playing tunes and its wrong...like...learn the chords man...walked in to McCormacs the other week and a guy was playing time of your life and I had to bit my toung from yelling at him its in the wrong key...its liek...Ive taught myself for four years and if I can tell its out of key any one can.

ha ha ha, its like the scene in Wayne's World where they are in the guitar shop and there's a sign up saying
"NO STAIRWAY"

all guitar shops should have a similar sign saying "NO TIME OF YOUR LIFE" - must drive the people working in the shop crazy. Nothing worse than someone who thinks they can play the guitar.

#56 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:mm.... to lazy to say

if your really interested you can just ask!

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 18 April 2006 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE(skint_student @ Apr 18 2006, 01:02 AM) View Post

.Nothing worse than someone who thinks they can play the guitar.

eh yes there is. someone who thinks they can play the bagpipes!!

#57 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 01:31 AM

I promise you, I can play the bagpipes! Really.

But yeah...if you hear someone who has taught themselves or bought a set of pakistani pipes pinch.gif ...run for your liveeeeeeeees.

#58 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE(miss macleod @ Apr 18 2006, 02:31 AM) View Post

I promise you, I can play the bagpipes! Really.

But yeah...if you hear someone who has taught themselves or bought a set of pakistani pipes pinch.gif ...run for your liveeeeeeeees.

I had a pakistani chanter. >.<
I gave up because it made a too horrible noise.

#59 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ Apr 18 2006, 09:45 PM) View Post

You need a proper, African blackwood one...made by a proper bagpipe maker wink.gif

#60 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE(nathanm @ Apr 18 2006, 09:54 PM) View Post

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ Apr 18 2006, 09:45 PM) View Post

You need a proper, African blackwood one...made by a proper bagpipe maker wink.gif

Yeah, I know. But I don't really want to play anymore. It put me off and now I play horn which is enough

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users