Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What Musical Instrument(s) Can You Play? - HSN forum

What Musical Instrument(s) Can You Play?

77 replies to this topic

#1 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 14 April 2006 - 09:18 AM

Just curious....I play the drums and the keyboard to pretty reasonable standards, enough that I can write songs etc. However, I've always wanted to learn guitar, so for Uni I'm going to get a jet-black Johnny Cash style acoustic! biggrin.gif

Well then, over to you. smile.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#2 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 09:30 AM

Yay, what an exciting topic!

I loooove music so much.

I play the bagpipes, piano, fiddle, and guitar ...and I plan to learn how to play the flute and ONE day the 12 string guitar wink.gif biggrin.gif

The pipes are my main instrument. I think I play fiddle and piano at around the same level ...and the guitar (mainly acoustic) i just like to play around with - have only been playing that for about 2 or 3 years though.

#3 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 14 April 2006 - 09:56 AM

Piano + Trombone, suppose you could count keyboard but i ditched that for piano years ago.

May pick up the 'cello eventually.
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#4 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 14 April 2006 - 10:08 AM

I've played lead guitar for a few years now.

#5 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:mm.... to lazy to say

if your really interested you can just ask!

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 14 April 2006 - 10:23 AM

Triangle blush.gif

#6 Isla from Banff

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm at the University of Aberdeen studying Biology with Chemistry and Psychology, I live in Aberdeen in a private rented flat (i'm too good for halls lol) and I work at Pizza Hut just up the road from my flat!<br /><br />I've recently gotten really into Neighbours thanks to my flatmate and in return I've gotten her into Hollyoaks! Hahaha revenge is sweet! lol<br /><br />I'm a big music fan and I listen to a pretty wide variety of stuff. I'm really into Snow Patrol and The Kooks just now and yes I know I'm a loser but i don't care!<br /><br />I'm a tennor drummer with Turriff and District Pipe Band. We're only a grade 3 band but I wouldn't move bands if you paid me. We had a really good season this year as we are the North of Scotland Champion of Champions!!!!<br /><br />I love meeting new people so add me on msn if you want i don't mind.

Posted 14 April 2006 - 10:54 AM

I play Keyboard, Piano, kind of play Guitar and Drumming is my main thing now like. (not drum kit i play a tenor drum in a pipe band)

xx
I'm not a tease i'm just a reminder of what you can't please!!!!!

#7 Klass Clown

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Lods... Im pretty much interested by everything but my main hobbies are:<br />-Art, of course, creating and observing.<br />-Music (I tend to be flexible when it comes to genres but Im a massive hip-hop fan)<br />-Sadly, politics (always taken an interest)<br />-And since studying Higher History Ive become very interested and fascinated by Nazi Germany (and all those crazy wee Neo-Nazi cults)<br />-Ive resently developed a craze for chuck taylors as well.<br /><br />Well thats basicaly it, obviously Im in to movies and reading and stuff like that but I presume most people are. (Oh, and the internet but most people on here probably are - lol... yeah that was kinda rubbish.)

Posted 14 April 2006 - 11:10 AM

Bass and Drums. I used to play Violin but gave it up years ago.

All or Nothing.

#8 st-and Paul

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Check facebook, i cant be bothered putting them all down again :P

Posted 14 April 2006 - 11:48 AM

Tenor Trombone + keyboard (for about 3 weeks before my Higher Music performance exam tongue.gif )

#9 oddbins

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:I can't be arsed writing anything here. And I hate writing about myself anyway.

Posted 14 April 2006 - 11:49 AM

I've got a bass, but i cant play it that well. sad.gif

#10 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 12:24 PM

i played the keyboard and glock for my standard grade...and i used to sing...im an Oban Provisional Mod Silver medalist i'll have you know wink.gif

#11 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 14 April 2006 - 12:50 PM

play cornet for a brass band.

we came last in the 1st section scottish champs this year sad.gif . i am also going to be runnng the glasgow half marathon to raise funds for the band.

true band geek me rolleyes.gif

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#12 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 14 April 2006 - 12:56 PM

Forgot to add, I used to play the Alto Saxophone....what a cool instrument that was! smile.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#13 Sammie

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:Stuff... mainly Fall Out Boy

Posted 14 April 2006 - 01:21 PM

I've been playing guitar for 4 years and bass for two.
"Crowds are won and lost and won again, but our hearts beat for the diehards"

#14 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 02:27 PM

I'm totally unmusical.

I have a keyboard under my bed, though. I got that with the best intentions then never used it.

#15 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 02:33 PM

I play french horn. It's very shiny.

#16 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 02:34 PM

clarinet. i was up about grade 6 standard 2 years ago.....but i've not played much since i left school. also play keyboard a wee bit (it was my 2nd instrument at standard grade!) & i did voice for my 2nd instrument at higher. & also did an advanced higher performing unit with voice as my instrument. i was in everything musical at school, all the bands, choirs, orchestra, school show. its the one thing i really miss about school is the music department!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#17 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 02:39 PM

I never took music at school. I don't really like theory but it would have been a good skive. I was credit level group perfomance on the glock in S2 and I'm playing AH stuff on my horn now. I would have liked to take music this year, but it is in the same column as biology. (Which is the best subject on the face of the earth and theres no way I'm giving it up)

#18 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 14 April 2006 - 02:50 PM

Didn't know there were so many musicians ohmy.gif

I play electric guitar mostly, but I play Flamenco guitar at my tutor's house
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#19 mystic

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:BMXing, anything to get me into trouble, having fun, riding the horses, being the person your parents don't want you to be friends with! my msn address is bleeding_the_vampire@hotmail.co.uk

Posted 14 April 2006 - 03:58 PM

keyboard~ 4 yrs
drums~ 6 yrs
harmonica~6 yrs
acostic gituar~to long!
play those to a high enough level to be in a band but can play the electric to not a high standard as i only been playin for few weeks!
gizmo
x
if your thoughts are no good, its only because you don't express then clearly!
gizmo
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/milk...icture_0038.jpg

#20 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 14 April 2006 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE(PK Barackis @ Apr 14 2006, 11:23 AM) View Post

Triangle blush.gif

Hehe. The RSNO did Brahms 4, Beethoven's Piano Concerto No 5 and Egmont overture last Thursday. Obviously since those pieces do not require a massive percussion section it was quite small. What I thought was funny as they had the timps and to the side they had one guy sitting on a seat with a triangle infront of him and that was all he did in the concert. Hmm princple triangle I guess.
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users