Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Crashing Higher Admin? - HSN forum

Crashing Higher Admin?

21 replies to this topic

#1 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 06:08 PM

hey i havent done admin before and i havent done computing, although im generally quite good using a computer. Do you think crash admin will be really difficult? do you need to have done computing? I started it today and im just a little unsure. I did SG bus mang n now im doing it at higher too. Please help

Gill x
user posted image

#2 CurrieG2

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 08:38 PM

Hi

I sat Higher Admin and Higher Mang this year and there were ok. In Bus Admin most of the KU is similar to Business Mang and the computer work is ok like
Spreadsheets with formula Database queries and Word processing and mail merges etc

I am sure u will be fine if u need any help at any stage of the year u can Email me or post on this site

Goodluck!!

CurrieG2 wink.gif

#3 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 07:20 PM

yeh thanks, i havent done computing so.. u know, we are getting from now till august to look at the standard grade stuff which i started today and its very similar to business management. Im most worried about the computing part.. is it difficult?

Gill x
user posted image

#4 CurrieG2

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 09:16 PM

Hi

Dont worry about the computer part u get lots of practice throughout the year u will be fine!!!!

CurrieG2
wink.gif

#5 thebizwiz

Site Swot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Computing, the business world, television, radio, music, the Internet, education.

Posted 15 June 2004 - 10:02 AM

I would have to agree with everyone and say it is still a good idea to crash Admin. The course is changing this year, again, so there might be new things from SG that the teacher will have to reinforce this year again, and so on, etc.

If you're struggling with it after a while just go and get some help. Most schools that I know of allow you to use machines during lunchtimes etc as long as a teacher is in the room doing something else.

Good luck

TheBizWiz
user posted image
user posted image

#6 Pidgy2001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 01:30 PM

I am Crashing Higher Admin this year and so far i dont find it that difficult. i thik that doing higher computing last year helped me alot. and SG even more esp. with the formula in spreadsheets

#7 thebizwiz

Site Swot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Computing, the business world, television, radio, music, the Internet, education.

Posted 10 October 2004 - 02:25 PM

Just think of it as an extension to Higher Computing, I mean the only 'new' stuff is really just (some of) the legislation, and some of the practical tasks - writing minutes etc.
user posted image
user posted image

#8 lorna_04

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 04:46 PM

Hiya, I crashed H Admin last year and got an A for it, despite the computer part in the exam.

For anyone who is also doin H Info systems, or H Business Management you'll find that bits of it overlap making it easier to understand.

You'll get lots of practice at the computer work and your theory should finally come together and make sense. Jst try and apply units such as 'safety at work' to yourself (if you work) and hopefully you should find it easier to remember.

Good luck anyway!

#9 strosek911

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 05:40 PM

yea i crashed it 2, there was loads of info to take in but i found most the course OK. the exam was a killer tho

#10 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 10 October 2004 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE(thebizwiz @ Oct 10 2004, 03:25 PM)
Just think of it as an extension to Higher Computing, I mean the only 'new' stuff is really just (some of) the legislation, and some of the practical tasks - writing minutes etc.

View Post

Extension ehh no i think not as that implies that admin is somehow more advanced or something silly when it obviously is not

Admin is about playing with a GPP and such like and really if truth be told shouldn't have half the stuff in it that is. I think it should be more about how operate in an office efficiently not "look how well i can use MS office"

Anyway not know how i got here from where i started but still dry.gif

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#11 krazykooki

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 10:06 PM

im thinking about crashing admin next year cos iv bin told i need secretarial type skills an thought admin might help what does everyone think?
im doin higher computing this year and i did I2 info sys in 4th yr so im good with computers
thanks
xxx

#12 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 10:12 PM

what would you need secertarial skills for exactly

i think you will be bored to tears if you are good with computers and do get a higher in computing this year

#13 strosek911

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 12:54 AM

i crashed it in 5th year at higher level and it was pretty easy.

just a case of learning notes really

#14 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 04:49 PM

hey my prelim is next weel so i am busy learning the notes! im still not too sure on what exactly to expect in the prelim.. any hints?
user posted image

#15 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 05:17 PM

can you not look up past papers for a hint

#16 chicken licking

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 10:05 PM

The good thing about the written part is that you get to pick 2 of your questions although the first one is set. It covers a range of topics that you have covered...i didn't lose my marks on not remembering my notes but how you answered the questions. Make sure you answer the question.

The practical well it just depends on the day what you get. I think the time was really tough to handle. So before you do your prelim i would advise you to time yourself actually doing a practical paper. It really helps. Oh and don't panic like i did. It really pulls you down.

#17 krazykooki

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE(Dave @ Feb 25 2005, 11:12 PM)
what would you need secertarial skills for exactly

i think you will be bored to tears if you are good with computers and do get a higher in computing this year

View Post

journalism or interpreting/translating so i need touch typing, letter writing, that sort of thing i also need to be able to write in shorthand so god knows how im gonna learn how to do that
if i'm bored it'll be an 'easy' higher so i could concentrate on my other subjects
i'm goin to see my careers advisor so i'll see what she says

#18 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE(Dave @ Feb 26 2005, 05:17 PM)
can you not look up past papers for a hint

View Post

considering you cant get higher past papers - its pretty damn difficult!
user posted image

#19 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 07:22 PM

shorthand isn't in the course anymore and touch typing is not a big part i dont think.
I wouldnt go to see a career's advisor myself i dorn think they are up to much. Better to see your guidance teacher or a business teacher

so i hear you dont get past papers i was surprised at this. anyway, its not a problem because you can look really eager to learn if you go to your teacher and ask for past papers that they have on file.

#20 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 07:34 PM

Dave are you just the man with all the answers? Did you write the Higher Still admin course or something? Well we have been doing practice papers in class.. but they are not exactly "past papers"
user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users