Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Stupid Computer! - HSN forum

Stupid Computer!

18 replies to this topic

#1 oddbins

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:I can't be arsed writing anything here. And I hate writing about myself anyway.

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:56 PM

mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif MY STUPID COMPUTER JUST TOOK EVERYTHING OFF MY MP3 PLAYER, AND NOW I'M GONNA HAVE TO SPEND ALL FRIGGIN' NIGHT PUTTIN' EBERYTHING BACK ON IT!!!! mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

#2 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 12 April 2006 - 10:01 PM

If it's an iPod then you may want to disable "Automatic Updating".
If not, then I dunno!

Happens to us all. You know what's worse, losing EVERYTHING. It could be worse, you need to waste a bit of time. Be grateful, plenty of folk have suffered much worse (ENTIRE Data loss and the PC irrepairable).

#3 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 12 April 2006 - 10:02 PM

hey life could be harder, your computer could decide its bored being used all the time and just stop working then no more hsn ohmy.gif

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#4 oddbins

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:I can't be arsed writing anything here. And I hate writing about myself anyway.

Posted 12 April 2006 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE(Dave @ Apr 12 2006, 11:02 PM) View Post

hey life could be harder, your computer could decide its bored being used all the time and just stop working then no more hsn ohmy.gif

Nooooooo....If that happened I would die. sad.gif And may actually have nothing better to do than study! (better get a move on actually, exams are in like a month. huh.gif )

If it's an iPod then you may want to disable "Automatic Updating".
If not, then I dunno!

I have a Sony NW-A1000; I think its software does the same thing as Itunes does! mad.gif

#5 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 10:09 PM

least you dont have my old antique of a machine

i have 48mb free huh.gif

#6 Klass Clown

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Lods... Im pretty much interested by everything but my main hobbies are:<br />-Art, of course, creating and observing.<br />-Music (I tend to be flexible when it comes to genres but Im a massive hip-hop fan)<br />-Sadly, politics (always taken an interest)<br />-And since studying Higher History Ive become very interested and fascinated by Nazi Germany (and all those crazy wee Neo-Nazi cults)<br />-Ive resently developed a craze for chuck taylors as well.<br /><br />Well thats basicaly it, obviously Im in to movies and reading and stuff like that but I presume most people are. (Oh, and the internet but most people on here probably are - lol... yeah that was kinda rubbish.)

Posted 12 April 2006 - 10:36 PM

Ive had the same kind of problem with Windows Media since I updated it. Now its got this stupid 'sync' thing where it doesnt add to, but replaces all your stuff. Its become a chore to update mine.
All or Nothing.

#7 oddbins

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 10:39 PM

Well, now my computers decided to be as slow as hell - so its gonna take even longer to put everything back on!! mad.gif
I am so p!ssed off right now!! mad.gif mad.gif

#8 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 10:40 PM

it must know ur bad mouthing it

#9 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:mm.... to lazy to say

if your really interested you can just ask!

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 12 April 2006 - 10:47 PM

media player sucks. Get Winamp! miles better. plus u can watch TV on it, online! biggrin.gif Family guy and simpsons and futurama and MacGyver and That 70's show and CSI etc etc

I got it mainly because the random on media player sucks soo bad. it plays like 5 songs then plays those five songs again. Never go back to it now!

Plays lots of extensions aswell that wmp doesn't like AAC and OGG.

pk cool.gif

#10 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 13 April 2006 - 12:07 AM

As a program writer...

...I blame the user biggrin.gif
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#11 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE(coca @ Apr 13 2006, 01:07 AM) View Post

As a program writer...

...always, no exceptions...ever

#12 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 13 April 2006 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE(Dave @ Apr 13 2006, 01:19 AM) View Post

QUOTE(coca @ Apr 13 2006, 01:07 AM) View Post

As a program writer...

...always, no exceptions

Yeah! And if there are any, it's the operatingsystems fault laugh.gif
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#13 Isla from Banff

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm at the University of Aberdeen studying Biology with Chemistry and Psychology, I live in Aberdeen in a private rented flat (i'm too good for halls lol) and I work at Pizza Hut just up the road from my flat!<br /><br />I've recently gotten really into Neighbours thanks to my flatmate and in return I've gotten her into Hollyoaks! Hahaha revenge is sweet! lol<br /><br />I'm a big music fan and I listen to a pretty wide variety of stuff. I'm really into Snow Patrol and The Kooks just now and yes I know I'm a loser but i don't care!<br /><br />I'm a tennor drummer with Turriff and District Pipe Band. We're only a grade 3 band but I wouldn't move bands if you paid me. We had a really good season this year as we are the North of Scotland Champion of Champions!!!!<br /><br />I love meeting new people so add me on msn if you want i don't mind.

Posted 13 April 2006 - 11:18 AM

My computer is so slow so i normally give it a good kick and it works slightly better but make sure you don't kick it too hard!!!(i've done that before!!!)

xx
I'm not a tease i'm just a reminder of what you can't please!!!!!

#14 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 08:27 PM

I've been angry at my computer too over the last week...has something to do with trying to get my exemption project for uni working! tongue.gif

It even resorted to me throughing my notes at the screen - not sure what it would achieve but hey... It was worth a try! smile.gif

Mark

#15 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 13 April 2006 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE(sparky @ Apr 13 2006, 09:27 PM) View Post
I've been angry at my computer too over the last week...has something to do with trying to get my exemption project for uni working! tongue.gif

It even resorted to me throughing my notes at the screen - not sure what it would achieve but hey... It was worth a try! smile.gif

I would throw my Java book at my laptop but simply put, the monitor would fly off. I dropped that book on my foot once. Was bloody sore.

#16 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Well I like a WIDE variety of things! haha i sound like a freak!<br />Anyways, I LOVE!!! music! ooh sooo much!!<br />haha i also like shopping and ehhm, drama and talking and swimmin(woo look at me aint i fit (not)) and ehhh thats all folks! haha! man i laugh alot! and i can talk for scotland! dont put iot past me i rambol on a lot!!

Posted 13 April 2006 - 08:45 PM

I have a Sony NW-A1000; I think its software does the same thing as Itunes does! mad.gif

I have that MP3 player too, but the connect player thing your supposed to use with it doesnt work on my silly computer, wont put songs on or just decides to freeze and be all silly!! So I have to use Sonic Stage which works much better! biggrin.gif

But my computer is soo slow sometimes, it takes forever to get on the net with msn working and everything! mad.gif
Grrrrrr!!

#17 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 08:41 AM

I'm sure you'd all just love to have my 1992 toshiba thingymijig.

It has 4GB hard drive biggrin.gif

And it has a great big 19 inch screen, which doesnt work half the time.(just ignore the totally MASSIVE fan thing on the back of it).

This lovely "computer" crashes on average 7 or 8 times a night. Honestly!!

And the floppy disk drive (yes there is one) has a christmas card stuck/jammed in it.

Maybe we should put this up on ebay along with myself!

#18 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:mm.... to lazy to say

if your really interested you can just ask!

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 14 April 2006 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE(miss macleod @ Apr 14 2006, 09:41 AM) View Post

I'm sure you'd all just love to have my 1992 toshiba thingymijig.

It has 4GB hard drive biggrin.gif

And it has a great big 19 inch screen, which doesnt work half the time.(just ignore the totally MASSIVE fan thing on the back of it).

This lovely "computer" crashes on average 7 or 8 times a night. Honestly!!

And the floppy disk drive (yes there is one) has a christmas card stuck/jammed in it.

Maybe we should put this up on ebay along with myself!

laugh.gif only u sharon, come on a christmas card laugh.gif

And as for putting it on ebay with urself. don;t bother cos i believe u have been gettting some interest already. There will be bids flying in soon

#19 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Well I like a WIDE variety of things! haha i sound like a freak!<br />Anyways, I LOVE!!! music! ooh sooo much!!<br />haha i also like shopping and ehhm, drama and talking and swimmin(woo look at me aint i fit (not)) and ehhh thats all folks! haha! man i laugh alot! and i can talk for scotland! dont put iot past me i rambol on a lot!!

Posted 15 April 2006 - 12:37 PM

Stupid Printer now!!I think its going to die on me...it aint sounding to good...it never usually takes this long, maybe I just need to change the ink or something rolleyes.gif I blame the brother for printing off stupid pictures of people and football stuff etc! huh.gif
Grrrrrr!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users