Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Crash - HSN forum

Crash

10 replies to this topic

#1 laurah

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:12 PM

Hey, I'm doing art as a crash higher - second yr seems so long ago - and was wondering if anybody has any hints on how i can not fail the exam? Anything would help am totally clueless...
CHEERS!
*** tongue.gif laurah cool.gif ***

#2 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:mm.... to lazy to say

if your really interested you can just ask!

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:16 PM

just practise, put in the hours. and learn ur stuff for the 2 eassys tongue.gif

Nice double thread btw thumbsup.gif

#3 mystic

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:BMXing, anything to get me into trouble, having fun, riding the horses, being the person your parents don't want you to be friends with! my msn address is bleeding_the_vampire@hotmail.co.uk

Posted 05 May 2006 - 02:32 PM

2 essays? i'm so confused. did you do standard grade art pk? i managed to get my essays from standard grade teracher it has taken out some of the work because i studied art nouveau and art deco so didn't have to write up the information again! so lucky!
gizmo
x
if your thoughts are no good, its only because you don't express then clearly!
gizmo
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/milk...icture_0038.jpg

#4 mystic

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:BMXing, anything to get me into trouble, having fun, riding the horses, being the person your parents don't want you to be friends with! my msn address is bleeding_the_vampire@hotmail.co.uk

Posted 05 May 2006 - 02:32 PM

2 essays? i'm so confused. did you do standard grade art pk? i managed to get my essays from standard grade teracher it has taken out some of the work because i studied art nouveau and art deco so didn't have to write up the information again! so lucky!
gizmo
x
gizmo

#5 Klass Clown

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Lods... Im pretty much interested by everything but my main hobbies are:<br />-Art, of course, creating and observing.<br />-Music (I tend to be flexible when it comes to genres but Im a massive hip-hop fan)<br />-Sadly, politics (always taken an interest)<br />-And since studying Higher History Ive become very interested and fascinated by Nazi Germany (and all those crazy wee Neo-Nazi cults)<br />-Ive resently developed a craze for chuck taylors as well.<br /><br />Well thats basicaly it, obviously Im in to movies and reading and stuff like that but I presume most people are. (Oh, and the internet but most people on here probably are - lol... yeah that was kinda rubbish.)

Posted 05 May 2006 - 04:11 PM

Gizmo your confusing me huh.gif . I thought the only written work is in the critical exam. It is isn't it?
All or Nothing.

#6 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 12:51 PM

Yeah it is.

For Art Studies - just learn all there is to know about 2 artists (who looked at the same kind of thing in different ways) and 2 designers you'll be FINE.

Artists - look at specific paintings they did and how they dealt with line, colour, light, subject etc....

The designers, their style of design. I did architecture last year - CR Mackintosh/ IM Pei and Gaudi. Looked at buildings they had designed and compared them. Easy enough, especially if you are good at writing.

Do practise essays comparing them, that'll surely help.

And as PK says up there, for art you just have to put in the hours.

If you haven't actually started the higher yet and are doing it next year, here is a list of do NOTs (in my opinion.)

Do not:

- base your expressive folio on guitars, rockers, animee, cartoons or fairies. Its what moshers and emos do and its hard to develop any ideas from it.
- try and design a bikini.
- do pretty perfect pencil drawings all year.
- copy of photographs all year.
- be scared of paint/oil pastel/inks

DO

- pick a good theme
- good research
- try lots of things, on different scales
- experiment and be ADVENTUROUS!
- practise practise practise!!

#7 mystic

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:21 PM

i done fairies! ah!!!!!!!!!!!!
gizmo

#8 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 03:32 PM

Oh well, as long as you drew them from life you'll be just fine smile.gif

#9 mystic

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 11:13 AM

nope draw then from my mind in a vain hope they would produce well! trust me tho!
gizmo
x
gizmo

#10 roboticsdepartment

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 12:16 AM

i am also crashing! im at suicide status with it all though! sad.gif

#11 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 07:24 PM

want helllllllllllllp with anything? I could try.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users