PC or Mac?

15 replies to this topic

Poll: PC or Mac? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do u perfer? (which is better?)

1. Mac (3 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

2. PC (8 votes [72.73%])

Percentage of vote: 72.73%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:mm.... to lazy to say

if your really interested you can just ask!

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 09 April 2006 - 09:19 PM

Peoples thoughts?

is it to be Macintosh or PC's?

#2 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 09 April 2006 - 09:21 PM

we already have 2 of these we dont need another

Especially as we decided i was right and macs are best

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#3 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 09 April 2006 - 09:21 PM

I use a PC but I'd much rather have a Mac. Mac's only get beat for gaming.

Programming, multimedia, Office use, Mac will win every time. Far more powerful and secure than any Windows based system.

Downside: The cost!

#4 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 09 April 2006 - 09:24 PM

yeah wink.gif i should really do some thread research. just jumped in as per usual. ohwell

note to self. search board.

#5 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 09 April 2006 - 09:58 PM

yeh we decided that macs were indeed much better...you can still offer yout opinion though laugh.gif wink.gif

#6 oddbins

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:I can't be arsed writing anything here. And I hate writing about myself anyway.

Posted 09 April 2006 - 10:03 PM

I voted PC, but just because ive never used a mac b4. But i do like the look of macs.

#7 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 09 April 2006 - 10:04 PM

This old debate... tongue.gif
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#8 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 09 April 2006 - 10:11 PM

There should be an option saying "Both are just fine" as I believe it doesn't really matter. PCs are better for gaming, macs are better for imaging and whatever...each are suited for different things and it's what things you're aiming for that makes your decision on which is better. I like creating graphics on computers, and would love a Mac for that, but I use the PC. I mainly use it for gaming, so I'd have to say a PC is better for me. It depends on your perspective, so you could prefer a Mac to a PC...or even prefer Linux, but let's not go there.

#9 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 12:06 AM

aww you have gone and brought some sanity to this thread whats that all about tongue.gif

#10 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 12:13 AM

pat on the back to that man!

i also retract my "for novices" comment. heat of the moment you know. blush.gif

still prefer PCs though tongue.gif very rarely use my ibook.

#11 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 09:39 AM

I would perhaps have to say Mac now. Before, you would've got the type of answer dear Wedge delivered from me. BUT NO LONGER. Macs can not only right-click now, they can run Windows XP. All your gaming worries are solved. No need to bother yourself about how long it will be until they finally release the game you want on Mac platform, just buy the Windows version. The joy of Intel processors in a Mac has arrived. Yes, yes, yes, I know - wouldn't it be smashing if it were AMDs running in Macs? Well, perhaps someday...

#12 Sammie

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:Stuff... mainly Fall Out Boy

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:59 AM

Having never owned a mac im gonna go for a PC!
"Crowds are won and lost and won again, but our hearts beat for the diehards"

#13 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 10 April 2006 - 12:39 PM

To be honest now, there is no true Mac vs PC debtae anymore, as the true performance diffrences are being pahsed out due to the use of Intel Processors in the Macs now. Just software now, which simply comes down to personal preferences really now. Where as before Macs clearly won on the performance front, and thus the software effieciency too.

(To be continued later...i'm a bit sleepy lol)

#14 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 12:55 PM

yeh i know its so sad i mean a right clicking Mac !!!!! Who would have thought it would actually happen.

Now you buy a Mac if you want the quality components for example since its an Intel they use tht nasty DDR2 RAM but Apple are using the new improved faster stuff not the older stuff which is still being used in most places. However, i do understand the only reason we still have Apple products is due to people buying them (mostly iPods) for the looks which is also a shame. As far as i know Apple dont even make there iPods its sub contracted out

#15 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 01:22 PM

Whats the graphics cards like in mac though? for gaming purposes? They not built in ones or something? blink.gif

#16 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE(PK Barackis @ Apr 10 2006, 02:22 PM) View Post

Whats the graphics cards like in mac though? for gaming purposes? They not built in ones or something? blink.gif

http://www.apple.com/powermac/graphics.html

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users