Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
H5N1 virus found in Scotland - HSN forum - Page 3

H5N1 virus found in Scotland

72 replies to this topic

#41 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:mm.... to lazy to say

if your really interested you can just ask!

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 09 April 2006 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE(Klass Clown @ Apr 9 2006, 04:22 PM) View Post

...whole mad cow disease, or the millenium bug or more recently sars- that way you'll remain cool.

laugh.gif haha The millenium bug(Y2K Bug) had nothing to do with humans laugh.gif

IT was about computers. people thought that they might crash because their clocks had to go from 99 to 00 for the year 2000 and they thought they might not do this.

nothing to do with humans or flu. tongue.gif

cool.gif pk

#42 Klass Clown

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Lods... Im pretty much interested by everything but my main hobbies are:<br />-Art, of course, creating and observing.<br />-Music (I tend to be flexible when it comes to genres but Im a massive hip-hop fan)<br />-Sadly, politics (always taken an interest)<br />-And since studying Higher History Ive become very interested and fascinated by Nazi Germany (and all those crazy wee Neo-Nazi cults)<br />-Ive resently developed a craze for chuck taylors as well.<br /><br />Well thats basicaly it, obviously Im in to movies and reading and stuff like that but I presume most people are. (Oh, and the internet but most people on here probably are - lol... yeah that was kinda rubbish.)

Posted 09 April 2006 - 06:35 PM

I know what it was! lol. it was just an example of an over exploited and overblown situation. laugh.gif
All or Nothing.

#43 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 09 April 2006 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE(YIC @ Apr 9 2006, 04:44 PM) View Post

its just flu guys cool2.gif

nothing to worry about

just stack up on tissue boxes and keep warm

smile.gif

laugh.gif

Keep it real. cool.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#44 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE(PK Barackis @ Apr 9 2006, 04:16 PM) View Post

QUOTE(oddbins @ Apr 9 2006, 04:08 PM) View Post

Isnt that like how humans contracted HIV - originally it was a disease in apes, and some how it mutated into a disease that infected humans. they reckon it happened sumwhere in africa.

nah i think some guy just had sex with a monkey. rolleyes.gif

I think it was something to do with Bush Meat.

Anyone noticed how the news reports are getting more and more desperate.

#45 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 10 April 2006 - 12:32 AM

ohmy.gif saw on the news last night that some moron farmer and his family in scotland is currently wiping out his entire stock of ducks and chickens etc sa he isnt going to take any chances with his family.

I mean seriously that is completely not needed, sure hope he doesnt think the government will compensate him

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#46 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 11:41 AM

Walked past a dead bird on the beach yesterday. It was totally liek "OMG OMG OMG DEAD BIRD".

OLOL. Or not.

#47 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 10 April 2006 - 12:58 PM

The ducks in my wee cul-di-sac are going absolutely crazy today....maybe they'll be gone soon enough! sad.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#48 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 08:56 PM

cul-de-sac i think wink.gif

#49 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE(Dave @ Apr 10 2006, 01:32 AM) View Post

ohmy.gif saw on the news last night that some moron farmer and his family in scotland is currently wiping out his entire stock of ducks and chickens etc sa he isnt going to take any chances with his family.

I mean seriously that is completely not needed, sure hope he doesnt think the government will compensate him

They won't, they don't compensate on welfare grounds. You have to get the birds to actually catch the disease if you want any money.

Cul-di-sac seems more appropraite. (Cull-die-sack) Our ducks aren't happy either. They're a bit over crowded and bored. My parents are trying to think up ways of entertaining the chickens so they don't rip the shreds out of each other. Trouble is they're so thick not much works.

#50 Sammie

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:Stuff... mainly Fall Out Boy

Posted 10 April 2006 - 09:54 PM

I like chickens....

I tink this whole thign is tottaly being blown out of preportion
"Crowds are won and lost and won again, but our hearts beat for the diehards"

#51 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:00 PM

Chickens are vicious little brutes with an argumentative pea for a brain.
Although I'm getting quite fond of the cockrel outside my window, it's gone a little nuts and spends all day every day fighting the wind and the sides of it's cage. And it makes funny noises at you when you go past. Poor thing.

Ducks are nice though. They're a bit more civil.

And my spelling has gone to pot.

#52 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:04 PM

agreed. although i only have afew hens and ducks. so the hens all don't mind being picked up and stroked etc etc. same with the ducks. although that is mainly just when trying to get them into their run at night time. lead them in with food or just pick them up if they are going to slowly tongue.gif

#53 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:14 PM

Keep it only a few hens and ducks. Trying to keep up with 20 eggs a day is NOT fun. Well, it's gone down to 10 a day due to stress but I'm sure it'll go up again.
Ours aren't particuarly friendly, there was two ducks that we raised from eggs but they got killed in a duck masacare. That fox did not need to 18 ducks in one night. And there was one rooster who we were supposed to pick up and "cuddle" but that was because he attacked us. (We had to get rid of him after he gave my gran a black eye and a big cut round her eye)
Our dog used to put them in.

#54 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:19 PM

laugh.gif yeah we just give our eggs away to neighbours etc etc when we have too many.

and yeah foxes and pine martins are just vicous gits. dunno why people like them soo much. eat all my pheasants! same with seals!! why the flip do people like seals??

#55 Sammie

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:Stuff... mainly Fall Out Boy

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:22 PM

we buy our eggs from a shop...im a town girl lol.

No hens, no birds except seaguls.
"Crowds are won and lost and won again, but our hearts beat for the diehards"

#56 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:28 PM

We give a lot away too.
"Isn't a dozen/two dozen eggs a lot?"
"No, please take them" then you plead a bit and point at the 100 odd eggs.
I was very upset when we were told we weren't allowed to take any eggs of the farm. Ate 5 1/2 eggs that day.
Luckily they were wrong.

I did used to be slightly against fox hunting on the grounds that foxes don't hunt for sport and it's not fair.
Now I'm sure they do hunt for sport, he just left them everywhere with their heads bitten off. It wasn't even cub season.
Whats wrong with seals? I don't see many so they seem nice enough to me.

#57 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:30 PM

no no nno non no they are ugly and horrible and eat like a tonne of salmon a day. they aren;t good things.

same with otters. vicious little things. one nearly took my hand off once. there are loads of them up here.

#58 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:36 PM

Just foxes and mink here. And there was a badger but it turned into roadkill a few weeks ago. Only disapeared today.

I don't mind it when animals eat the food, it's wasting it that annoys me.

#59 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:41 PM

yeah fair enough. no mink up here. although a pine martin will kill everything in sight. got badgers up here, was on stuck in a fence a while back. again it nearly took my hand off. so i drop kicked it well a gentle push with my foot, got it out the fence so it worked.tongue.gif

#60 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:44 PM

So the local wildlife dosen't like your hands much then?
Haven't seen a live badger. *jealous*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users