Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
H5N1 virus found in Scotland - HSN forum - Page 4

H5N1 virus found in Scotland

72 replies to this topic

#61 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:mm.... to lazy to say

if your really interested you can just ask!

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:46 PM

Don't be! Over rated.

one killed a guys dog that my dad knew. wee terrier. it when down a hole and the guy had to dig it out.... and its a sad story so i will stop there.

#62 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:54 PM

I need to KNOW it's over rated.
I've heard of them killing jack russels before. A terrier is slightly sadder.

#63 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:mm.... to lazy to say

if your really interested you can just ask!

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 10 April 2006 - 11:28 PM

Bird flu in Germany echoes whats happening here

#64 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 02:41 PM

We had the inspecters in again today. Full boiler suits with hoods and a mask. Mum has never grasped the "put up with people if they're important" thing so she was a bit rude and they're coming back Thursday to check shes put some nets up. rolleyes.gif

#65 Daniel Williamson

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:judo, sports sleeping is awesome

Posted 13 April 2006 - 05:10 PM

anyone want to join me in killing all birds? Really it can't be that hard and if theyre disease is going to kill us anyway we might as well get some kind of twisted satisfaction out of it

#66 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 13 April 2006 - 05:46 PM

yeah probably wasnt the best place to say that

i get the feeling certain members are about to eat you alive

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#67 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 06:35 PM

any1 seen New Scientist this week? They reckon that the government testing is flawed, because it only showed a small amount of flu of any kind, (<1%) but bird experts reckon the figure should be around 10%

QUOTE(New Scientist @ 15 Apr 2006)
Of the 3323 faecal samples from wild birds taken for DEFRA by the conservation group the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust (WWT) in December, only two were shown to contain low-pathogenicity bird flu - 0.06%. In a parallel study for DEFRA conducted by huntersm bird flu was found in only three of 423 freshly shot ducks, or 0.7%........"There's something wrong with those numbers," says Bjorn Olsen of the University of Kalmar in Sweden, who tests up to 10,000 wild birds per year in Europe's biggest monitoring for avian flu. Usually, he says, around 10% of dabbling ducks and 1% of geese should be carrying low-pathogenicity bird flu in Europe in December

So, basically, there might be more bird flu out there, and DEFRA have missed it unsure.gif

Edited by nathanm, 13 April 2006 - 06:43 PM.

#68 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 09:10 PM

Yeah, I read that.
On a side note, it came yesterday, doesn't it usually come out Thursdays? It's a day early.
They printed Tuesday, had it been announced that they had got the speciies of swan wrong? It's the type that doesn't live in Scotland so it might just have been washed up. *still hoping*
I'm not very sure about that article anyway. They've not mentioned that fact that birdflu isn't all that infectous anyway and locking up the birds in small spaces will make them stressed and more likely to catch anything. At the moment we aren't allowed to move the outside cages, so they'll but up to their necks in muck. I think we're going to let them get really dirty, then call in animal health and try to get an exemption.

*pretends not to have noticed Daniel's comment*

Oh, and the inspectors are getting everything muddled up. The vet says there is records of us having been visited 3 times but they've only been twice. The nuisences, mum seems to be getting pretty stressed out. She had to put up nets yesterday, I was away in London but my brother and gran helped and it took 2 and a half hours. So she didn't notice a sick lamb, it died but would have been very easy to treat.

#69 mystic

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:BMXing, anything to get me into trouble, having fun, riding the horses, being the person your parents don't want you to be friends with! my msn address is bleeding_the_vampire@hotmail.co.uk

Posted 14 April 2006 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE(Daniel Williamson @ Apr 13 2006, 06:10 PM) View Post

anyone want to join me in killing all birds? Really it can't be that hard and if theyre disease is going to kill us anyway we might as well get some kind of twisted satisfaction out of it

blink.gif i think that you need to get your head sorted, these aren't just birds! these in my case are my pets, would you like some1 to tell you that they wanted to walk into your house and kill your dog, your cats? mad.gif glare.gif i think that maybe you should read this thread again because there are many polurty keepers on here. i think that is just sick, and i'm very angry , i know your entilted to your opinion but tha is sick! sick.gif
gizmo
x
if your thoughts are no good, its only because you don't express then clearly!
gizmo
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/milk...icture_0038.jpg

#70 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 22 April 2006 - 11:54 AM

Bird flu restrictions are lifted
The bird flu restrictions imposed after the discovery of a dead whooper swan in the Fife village of Cellardyke have been lifted.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#71 mystic

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:BMXing, anything to get me into trouble, having fun, riding the horses, being the person your parents don't want you to be friends with! my msn address is bleeding_the_vampire@hotmail.co.uk

Posted 25 April 2006 - 11:36 AM

they're removed the restrictions? sorry been away all weekend! i doubt the govrment are going to really do much about this untill it ends up like foot and mouth, but at least with that you called control it this will end being the same smables! sorry but thats my veiw.
gizmo
x
gizmo

#72 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 04:34 PM

The poultry restrictions still apply. Well, theoreticaly anyway. We had another visit from the inspector today. The things we were meant to have done went all right and he just said it was fine.
Not our fault the chickens launched an escape attempt yesterday. Was bad enough catching them.
We think they may have watched Chicken Run for the ideas.

#73 mystic

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:09 PM

we haven't had any kind of a visit yet, jusr run aroun the garden shoutin chicken pies, should keep then in! sorry i'm hyper!
gizmo
x
gizmo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users