Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Physical Geography Study - HSN forum

Physical Geography Study

3 replies to this topic

#1 Ali89

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Im a big fan of the outdoors! Whenever possible, i try to get out hillwalking / mountainbiking and during the winter months also try and get as much cross country skiing as possible! Also love cycling!<br /><br />always over at the west coast - favourite place in the world along with the Outer Hebrides.<br /><br />Done Bronze and Silver and in amongst Gold duke of Edinburgh at the moment. <br /><br />Done voluntary work at a nursing home now for over 2 years and still enjoying it!<br /><br />anyway, think that's enough about me.

Posted 20 March 2006 - 08:29 PM

just wondering, the Geographical fieldwork study that you have to do (like Bred's soil one); does it have to be done at a set time with the class, or, like AH Biology, can you take the lead in your investigation and get it all done early?

Is it a similar idea to the AH Bio investigation?

thanks.

#2 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 20 March 2006 - 08:39 PM

You can get it all done early (if you put the work in). smile.gif
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#3 Ali89

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Im a big fan of the outdoors! Whenever possible, i try to get out hillwalking / mountainbiking and during the winter months also try and get as much cross country skiing as possible! Also love cycling!<br /><br />always over at the west coast - favourite place in the world along with the Outer Hebrides.<br /><br />Done Bronze and Silver and in amongst Gold duke of Edinburgh at the moment. <br /><br />Done voluntary work at a nursing home now for over 2 years and still enjoying it!<br /><br />anyway, think that's enough about me.

Posted 20 March 2006 - 08:49 PM

Cool! might try and get it out the way nice and early then! smile.gif So basically, I can go about doing my own fieldwork for a topic I choose.... and write the 3000 (?) word essay on it... and hand it in earlier on? Would it be counted if the teacher wasn't present though, to make sure all field work was mine?

#4 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 20 March 2006 - 09:02 PM

I think the topic is supposed to be developed from a topic in the Higher course. I'm not sure though. I don't think it has to be on a topic in Physical Geography either, although my teacher did recommend doing the study on a physical topic and the issues essay on a human topic. The report is to be a maximum of 3,000 words, yes. The earlier you get working on it the more time you have to brush it up later on if you find you're ahead of schedule. You're not expected to have a teacher accompany you in the field.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users