Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Your work - HSN forum - Page 2

Your work

35 replies to this topic

#21 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE(blondie191 @ Jun 7 2006, 06:59 PM) View Post

IPB Image

This was my higher expressive final before i made final adjustments to it - i sorted the hand and the desk cos the blue wasnt right.

x

Ah yes, just what I like to see - a good bold n brave expressive piece biggrin.gif I liiiike it - its pretty nicely done - great bold lines and good folds in the shirt smile.gif

Is it oils? How did you go about doing it? (self portrait?) What was yer theme title? and what size did you do it (questions questions!!)

If I was doing it (you can ignore this bit!) I might have added something more to the lower half of the painting. Or maybe added some kind of object or reflection with a hint of colour in it - just to save it from being a plain brown surface. I dunno, its just a suggestion.

But yeah - I'd say you'll get a good mark for that wink.gif

Any chance of posting up your research and development sheets?

#22 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:12 PM

there is something in the desk though, a watermark type thing to show someone hasn etched there name in the desk, no?

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#23 blondie191

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE(miss macleod @ Jun 8 2006, 07:51 PM) View Post

Ah yes, just what I like to see - a good bold n brave expressive piece biggrin.gif I liiiike it - its pretty nicely done - great bold lines and good folds in the shirt smile.gif

Is it oils? How did you go about doing it? (self portrait?) What was yer theme title? and what size did you do it (questions questions!!)

If I was doing it (you can ignore this bit!) I might have added something more to the lower half of the painting. Or maybe added some kind of object or reflection with a hint of colour in it - just to save it from being a plain brown surface. I dunno, its just a suggestion.

But yeah - I'd say you'll get a good mark for that wink.gif

Any chance of posting up your research and development sheets?

Thankyou very much smile.gif
yeah it was oil pastels. I drew from life with a mirror in front of me at school. Basically the theme was idendity and everyone was doing self portraits but it was amazing how different everyones turned out. i drew it on an a2 sheet but it might've been cut down to slightly smaller than a2. at the lower half i ended up drawing in a pile of oil pastels on the desk. so basically i was drawing me drawing me. if you get what i mean. the final looked much better than that but i didnt get a photo of it. i'll put up the other two sheets up soon. x
Done done done!

#24 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:mm.... to lazy to say

if your really interested you can just ask!

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 13 June 2006 - 08:57 PM

good stuff blondie thumbsup.gif

bit..moody tongue.gif

#25 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 12:47 PM

I think everyone who does a self portrait looks either moody, grumpy or determind! I certainly do in all the ones I've done! Mind you, you would get cramp in your face if you spent 5 hours smiling on front of the mirror while drawing yourself.

The very first self portrait I did in 1st year is still up on Mr Davidson's wall as an example of "well beyond level F" laugh.gif It is truly crap.

It was supposed to look like smile.gif...but it turned out like blink.gif
My facial expression on it made me look like I had special needs or was ready to kill. I couldnt draw hair so it looked like I had rats tails. Also, I had drawn my eyes 2 inches too high so they were set in my forehead.

Last year or the year before I did a 10 week long workshop (at EC of A) which taught about the anatomy of the skull and facial structure. Knowing about that totally came in handy for doing portraiture work.

In my opinion, they key to getting a self portrait right is firstly just not to lie to yourself. If you have a double chin, put it in. biggrin.gif

Secondly, getting the EYES right is very important - they identify the person, convey mood and create feeling within the piece.

#26 blondie191

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 04:33 PM

Yes, self portraits with a smile in is very very hard. unless its a posed photograph which isnt very interesting.
My expression in that portrait was concentration. the thing that makes it somewhat moody is my hair hiding part of my face which wasnt by accident. that was all about hidden self etc. ph34r.gif
Done done done!

#27 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:28 PM

Close up of the drawing in my avatar.

Its an older one, I think done in 4th year.

Its only drawings i've posted so far I think huh.gif

IPB Image

#28 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 05:29 PM

Oooh, thats amazing Sharon!

I've just remembered I got my old SG stuff home before the summer. If I ever get round to scanning it I'll put something up.

#29 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:11 PM

I want to see more of people's work.

Like, no matter how crap it is.

Please please pretty please. biggrin.gif

(Also, I found out my pal Leanne looks in on this thread sometimes....so Leanne...next time you is here... POST SOMETHING ye big stalker! biggrin.gif )

#30 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:22 PM

I would post that sketch of a kingfisher I did in blue biro pen when I was bored, but it's on the computer, and the only other copy existing is probably still in Sharon's Received Files folder, or something. tongue.gif

#31 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE(The Wedge Effect @ Sep 2 2006, 02:22 PM) View Post

I would post that sketch of a kingfisher I did in blue biro pen when I was bored, but it's on the computer, and the only other copy existing is probably still in Sharon's Received Files folder, or something. tongue.gif

aye it was smile.gif

IPB Image

#32 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 02 September 2006 - 10:29 PM

Cheers. tongue.gif

#33 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 06:11 PM

Post. C'mon.

For those who don't know how to upload pics to the internet....its not haarrrrrrd - first just scan something, or take a pic of it on yer digital camera then upload it to your computer.

Then go to somewhere like photobucket.com and set up an account - doesnt take long. Then click browse and find the thing you wish to upload.

Then post the URL here (the http://www. bit).

#34 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:02 AM

Ok, here is some stuff I did in the years before I did Higher Art:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#35 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 11:00 PM

This one is specifically awesome:

IPB Image

I like that style a lot!

#36 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 10:59 PM

Waayyyhey! thumbsup.gif Those leaves aren't bad at all!

Got any of your Higher stuff?

I might put my sister katy's higher or advanced higher stuff up somewhere - she's got good examples ehich are better than my stuff. Its in the attic at home though so I'd have to fork it out next time im up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users