Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Driving Test - HSN forum - Page 3

Driving Test

190 replies to this topic

#41 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 02:15 PM

that's a shame dfx, but hopefully you'll pass next time round! mine is on wednesday and slightly anxious. I have a major habit of 'wheel spinning' and not looking right at roundabouts(which is extremely worrying)lol..anyway apart from that s'all gooooooood!here's hoping my wee examiner will have had an ace weekend and an ace tuesday night lol! hehe....i shall let yous all know how i get on! cool.gif

p.s WHAT THE HECK IS TORQUE ??!!
beast

#42 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:mm.... to lazy to say

if your really interested you can just ask!

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 03 April 2006 - 03:22 PM

it's all very complex, but basically it is like power to putting that power on the actual road ratio.

#43 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 03:42 PM

Does anyone know how many lessons would be the sensible minimum before sitting the test? I live up in the country with no public transport and so have to rely on my very unreliable parents for going anywhere. My birthday is the start of May, (just before the exams) and it would be nice to be able to drive by the start of the summer holidays so I would be able to have a social life and get a job. I'm not too sure if it's realistic.
I've been practising driving in the yard already so I can move the car. Is going in a straight line really that difficult? I have problems with that. I'm assured that turning and reversing (which I find the same difficulty) is a lot more difficult, would the very bumpy surface be the problem?

#44 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 03 April 2006 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE(PK Barackis @ Apr 3 2006, 04:22 PM) View Post

it's all very complex, but basically it is like power to putting that power on the actual road ratio.

IPB Image

#45 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:00 PM

i think the recommended value was something like 40 but i dont know many people who needed that many...except for most girls tongue.gif

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#46 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 03 April 2006 - 07:27 PM

Apparently it 1.5x your current age...

#47 Isla from Banff

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm at the University of Aberdeen studying Biology with Chemistry and Psychology, I live in Aberdeen in a private rented flat (i'm too good for halls lol) and I work at Pizza Hut just up the road from my flat!<br /><br />I've recently gotten really into Neighbours thanks to my flatmate and in return I've gotten her into Hollyoaks! Hahaha revenge is sweet! lol<br /><br />I'm a big music fan and I listen to a pretty wide variety of stuff. I'm really into Snow Patrol and The Kooks just now and yes I know I'm a loser but i don't care!<br /><br />I'm a tennor drummer with Turriff and District Pipe Band. We're only a grade 3 band but I wouldn't move bands if you paid me. We had a really good season this year as we are the North of Scotland Champion of Champions!!!!<br /><br />I love meeting new people so add me on msn if you want i don't mind.

Posted 03 April 2006 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE(Dave @ Apr 3 2006, 07:00 PM) View Post

i think the recommended value was something like 40 but i dont know many people who needed that many...except for most girls tongue.gif

actually my best mate only had 3 driving lessons before her test and she had never been driving a car before she turned 17 so tongue.gif
I'm not a tease i'm just a reminder of what you can't please!!!!!

#48 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 08:06 PM

i've only had 14...getting no more tongue.gif
beast

#49 Isla from Banff

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm at the University of Aberdeen studying Biology with Chemistry and Psychology, I live in Aberdeen in a private rented flat (i'm too good for halls lol) and I work at Pizza Hut just up the road from my flat!<br /><br />I've recently gotten really into Neighbours thanks to my flatmate and in return I've gotten her into Hollyoaks! Hahaha revenge is sweet! lol<br /><br />I'm a big music fan and I listen to a pretty wide variety of stuff. I'm really into Snow Patrol and The Kooks just now and yes I know I'm a loser but i don't care!<br /><br />I'm a tennor drummer with Turriff and District Pipe Band. We're only a grade 3 band but I wouldn't move bands if you paid me. We had a really good season this year as we are the North of Scotland Champion of Champions!!!!<br /><br />I love meeting new people so add me on msn if you want i don't mind.

Posted 03 April 2006 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ Apr 3 2006, 04:42 PM) View Post

Does anyone know how many lessons would be the sensible minimum before sitting the test? I live up in the country with no public transport and so have to rely on my very unreliable parents for going anywhere. My birthday is the start of May, (just before the exams) and it would be nice to be able to drive by the start of the summer holidays so I would be able to have a social life and get a job. I'm not too sure if it's realistic.
I've been practising driving in the yard already so I can move the car. Is going in a straight line really that difficult? I have problems with that. I'm assured that turning and reversing (which I find the same difficulty) is a lot more difficult, would the very bumpy surface be the problem?

I live in the country as well so i know what it's like with a bumpy road especially with all the pot holes on my drive!! em if your road is really bad then the experience will help you control the car but it recommend a few lessons like before you try booking a test but the instructor normally tells you when you are ready!! it differs for everyone!!!

xx

#50 D_n_y

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Interests:erm just the usual mince...

Posted 03 April 2006 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE(JiLL @ Apr 3 2006, 02:15 PM) View Post

p.s WHAT THE HECK IS TORQUE ??!!

It's basically just a turning force.
msn: I_dont_want_ur_junk@hotmail.com
MDunn

#51 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 12:07 PM

gawd...failed it reversing round the hardest corner ever!it was on a bumpy road and a steep hill! only got 4 minors biggrin.gif and the wee eejit of an examiner said there will be no problems next time! biggrin.gif ach well....50 quid down the drain and off to book my next test! mad.gif
beast

#52 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 05 April 2006 - 12:08 PM

hard lines bit unlucky

#53 oddbins

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:I can't be arsed writing anything here. And I hate writing about myself anyway.

Posted 05 April 2006 - 05:54 PM

Havn't sat my practical yet-won't be able to for a while considering a failed my theory today. Got 35 out of 35 for multiple choice and only 29 out of 75 for hazard perception! mad.gif

QUOTE(Isla from Banff @ Mar 18 2006, 11:52 AM) View Post

well i've worked it out as i have had about 50 lessons but i don't pay for them so i don't really care lol!! i love the fact my parents are paying for it!!! lol

xx

Lol. My parents pay for my lessons to, but im feeling kinda guilty 2day - my mums mad that i failed - not 2 happy bout having 2 pay for another test. sad.gif oh well.....

#54 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 07:27 PM

Thanks everyone, I guess I'll just see how it goes.

Pity about your fails. Hope you all pass next time.

#55 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 05 April 2006 - 09:13 PM

I've paid for every penny of my driving. And there has been many pennies.

Re-booked today. Must. Pass.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#56 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 11:43 PM

good luck with that

#57 Isla from Banff

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:26 AM

my mum and dad were pretty pissed like when i said that i had failed but it doesn't really matter now that they are only paying for the petrol!!! lol i'm a spoilt brat and very proud of it!!!

xx

#58 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:playing the fiddle, swimming, music, the OC, Will and Grace and going out with friends. Not that there is much to do here!!

Posted 18 May 2006 - 10:02 PM

yeay I passed today!! first time and only had 4 minors, sorry I am slightly histericle!! hehe!! only had 12 lessons as well!! yeay! sucha good feeling! oh and I take back what i said earlier in this topic good drivers don't always pass second time!! tongue.gif
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#59 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 18 May 2006 - 10:06 PM

Yay! Well done. smile.gif

#60 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 12:38 PM

Well done :]

I think I've had about 50 lessons. But about 3 months' worth of them were a waste of time, because that was when I was just starting to get ill and couldn't focus on anything.

I had my first lesson since August yesterday! I'm driving better now than I was then. :X

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users