Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Driving Test - HSN forum - Page 2

Driving Test

190 replies to this topic

#21 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:playing the fiddle, swimming, music, the OC, Will and Grace and going out with friends. Not that there is much to do here!!

Posted 17 March 2006 - 06:57 PM

My test is about 2 months away, had 6 lessons so will prob have another 8 maybe. Hope I pass first time, if not I will just try again but here there are only tests like once every few months, I want it passed before I go to uni anyways so fingers crossed! smile.gif and btw all the best drivers pass the second time!!! tongue.gif
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#22 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 07:51 PM

Thats not necessarily true at all, it's what they say to people who fail first time to make them feel better...

dry.gif

#23 Isla from Banff

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm at the University of Aberdeen studying Biology with Chemistry and Psychology, I live in Aberdeen in a private rented flat (i'm too good for halls lol) and I work at Pizza Hut just up the road from my flat!<br /><br />I've recently gotten really into Neighbours thanks to my flatmate and in return I've gotten her into Hollyoaks! Hahaha revenge is sweet! lol<br /><br />I'm a big music fan and I listen to a pretty wide variety of stuff. I'm really into Snow Patrol and The Kooks just now and yes I know I'm a loser but i don't care!<br /><br />I'm a tennor drummer with Turriff and District Pipe Band. We're only a grade 3 band but I wouldn't move bands if you paid me. We had a really good season this year as we are the North of Scotland Champion of Champions!!!!<br /><br />I love meeting new people so add me on msn if you want i don't mind.

Posted 17 March 2006 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE(kyle @ Mar 17 2006, 07:51 PM) View Post

Thats not necessarily true at all, it's what they say to people who fail first time to make them feel better...

dry.gif

i resent that i aint exactly fair is it!!!!!

xx
I'm not a tease i'm just a reminder of what you can't please!!!!!

#24 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 17 March 2006 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE(kyle @ Mar 17 2006, 06:00 PM) View Post

55 - 60 lessons?

There is seriously no need for that amount, that muast have cost heaps! I started off with my parents and when i got the hang of things I had a few lessons and sat my test.

Muchos cheaper.

You may have had 15 minors, but as mentioned earlier, if you get 3+ in one area it is considered a major and you'll fail.

Different people learn in different spaces of time. Personally, i don't have the luxury of a family car in general or for extra practice. If i did i'd almost certianly take advantage of it like you did. It's an expensive business so anything that cuts the learning time down cant be bad. Thinknig about it i've easily spent £900 so far and unfortuantely for me, it's all came out of my own pocket

I've had 42 lessons and have a further 5 hours worth before my test, which is in two weeks. In the alst few weeks i've certianly become a much stronger driver. Confidence was a huge problem to begin with which my instructor was keen to pick up on at the end of EVERY lesson, it has recently massively improved though, sparking a much better driving performance. I really hope I pass.

user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#25 Isla from Banff

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm at the University of Aberdeen studying Biology with Chemistry and Psychology, I live in Aberdeen in a private rented flat (i'm too good for halls lol) and I work at Pizza Hut just up the road from my flat!<br /><br />I've recently gotten really into Neighbours thanks to my flatmate and in return I've gotten her into Hollyoaks! Hahaha revenge is sweet! lol<br /><br />I'm a big music fan and I listen to a pretty wide variety of stuff. I'm really into Snow Patrol and The Kooks just now and yes I know I'm a loser but i don't care!<br /><br />I'm a tennor drummer with Turriff and District Pipe Band. We're only a grade 3 band but I wouldn't move bands if you paid me. We had a really good season this year as we are the North of Scotland Champion of Champions!!!!<br /><br />I love meeting new people so add me on msn if you want i don't mind.

Posted 18 March 2006 - 10:52 AM

well i've worked it out as i have had about 50 lessons but i don't pay for them so i don't really care lol!! i love the fact my parents are paying for it!!! lol

xx

#26 Pooch

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Interests:Flying

Posted 20 March 2006 - 02:19 AM

Good luck to anyone sitting their tests, passed mine in January and I'm delighted that I never have to take another driving lesson ever again. They must be among the most dull things in history.

rolleyes.gif dry.gif

#27 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 10:31 AM

i'm sitting my test at the beginning of april.............dreading it sick.gif pinch.gif ermm.gif crying.gif
beast

#28 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE(JiLL @ Mar 21 2006, 10:31 AM) View Post

i'm sitting my test at the beginning of april.............dreading it sick.gif pinch.gif ermm.gif crying.gif

What date? Mines on 3rd April. Failed a mock test though!!!!

#29 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE(dfx @ Mar 21 2006, 02:35 PM) View Post

QUOTE(JiLL @ Mar 21 2006, 10:31 AM) View Post

What date? Mines on 3rd April. Failed a mock test though!!!!

mine's the 5th of april at 9.37am to be precise!

honestly i'm dreading it! where i'm doing it, there's only a 30% pass rate--eeeeeek!!

oh and don't worry too much about you failing you're mock test coz they have like a million different routes! my mate passed her test 1st time without practicing any routes! so me thinks i'll just do what she did tongue.gif
beast

#30 Isla from Banff

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 01:15 PM

Hey everyone wanted to let you all know i passed my test on monday this week with only 2 minors!! woohoo!!! no more driving lessons for me!!! soz i hope everyone else passes their test as well!!!

xx

#31 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 30 March 2006 - 02:22 PM

Wow @ 2 minors!

Well done! biggrin.gif
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#32 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 04:17 PM

whoa that cool!

#33 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 30 March 2006 - 05:09 PM

I failed this morning. So there!
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#34 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 01:46 PM

aww.. why!?

#35 Isla from Banff

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE(lesley @ Mar 30 2006, 06:09 PM) View Post

I failed this morning. So there!

oh hunny im soz hw much minors/serious/dangerous faults did you get?

xx

#36 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 01 April 2006 - 06:07 PM

I'm currently booking my theory, and will hopefully be sitting my practical in June. By then, I'll have around 20 lessons under my belt. So far, I've only had 6 or 7, but I'm beginning to gain confidence and am feeling pretty comfortable in my instructor's wee Corsa....which is more than can be said about my Dad's big Avensis hatchback diesel. rolleyes.gif Ruddy nightmare to drive that beast! wink.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#37 Isla from Banff

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE(djh1878 @ Apr 1 2006, 07:07 PM) View Post

I'm currently booking my theory, and will hopefully be sitting my practical in June. By then, I'll have around 20 lessons under my belt. So far, I've only had 6 or 7, but I'm beginning to gain confidence and am feeling pretty comfortable in my instructor's wee Corsa....which is more than can be said about my Dad's big Avensis hatchback diesel. rolleyes.gif Ruddy nightmare to drive that beast! wink.gif

I have a wee corsa and they are an ace first car!! i got my mum's like when i passed my test so it's all good and the insurance is quite good for them because they are easy to drive lol.

xx

#38 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 09:33 AM

Failed me for "moving off without control"... had some old examiner who might as well retire. Claimed there was WHEEL SPIN and TORQUE STEERING as I moved off... wtf... WHEEL SPIN!?!?! Gave me 4 minors for the same mistake. I feel really angry. Basically he failed me for gettin from 0 to 30 in about 4 seconds. Instructor says it was very unfair. O well, can't argue wid em u kno. mad.gif Only consolation is no majors.

#39 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 03 April 2006 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE(dfx @ Apr 3 2006, 10:33 AM) View Post

Failed me for "moving off without control"... had some old examiner who might as well retire. Claimed there was WHEEL SPIN and TORQUE STEERING as I moved off... wtf... WHEEL SPIN!?!?! Gave me 4 minors for the same mistake. I feel really angry. Basically he failed me for gettin from 0 to 30 in about 4 seconds. Instructor says it was very unfair. O well, can't argue wid em u kno. mad.gif Only consolation is no majors.

oh man sorry to hear sad.gif Complain or something.

but remember, when you become a driver, the wheel spins are one of the cooler parts thumbsup.gif

Torque steering - that sounds cool as well, and 0-30 in 4 seconds - awesome (that requires goood geer shifitng)

nah you'll pass next time, and well done for no majors

smile.gif

#40 Isla from Banff

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 12:56 PM

is it a good thing that i've nearly gotten done for speeding and i've scared a couple of my mates, on purpose may i add, by pulling a funky emergency stop up my road(i live in the countryside so it's all good!!!)!!! is it a good thing that i'm on the road? lol i'm sensible when i need to be and when i've got any family members in the car with me so it's all good lol.

xx

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users