Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Driving Test - HSN forum - Page 7

Driving Test

190 replies to this topic

#121 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ Aug 12 2006, 10:21 AM) View Post

Passed my theory. biggrin.gif
And the receptionist dude was muttering about the time when I went in.

Is that the Irish guy? I did not understand one word that guy said to me during my theory.

#122 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE(Switch @ Aug 12 2006, 10:03 PM) View Post

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ Aug 12 2006, 10:21 AM) View Post

Passed my theory. biggrin.gif
And the receptionist dude was muttering about the time when I went in.

Is that the Irish guy? I did not understand one word that guy said to me during my theory.

May well have been. At Dundee?
Not completely sure though, I didn't have any problems understanding him but then I have hoardes of Irish relatives and am working with a few Irish guys.

#123 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 16 August 2006 - 02:50 PM

Hello.

I passed this morning , 4th time, 4 minors.
I know it sounds shit but i don't care, cause i'm not biggrin.gif

The examiner, Cliff Cunningham, who i slated previously in this thread. Was very reasonable and really calmed me down. You should've seen my leg, it was actually having a fit. He stopped me and told me to stretch my leg which, apparently, he VERY rarely does. Must've liked me.

It is actually the best feeling in the world.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#124 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE(lesley @ Aug 16 2006, 03:50 PM) View Post

Hello.

The examiner, Cliff Cunningham, who i slated previously in this thread. Was very reasonable and really calmed me down. You should've seen my leg, it was actually having a fit. He stopped me and told me to stretch my leg which, apparently, he VERY rarely does. Must've liked me.

Congratulations. biggrin.gif

#125 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 03:03 PM

Hello.

Haha! Congratulations! Plan on doing Pass Plus or anything?

#126 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 03:08 PM

Meh. Nah. Am going to do a motorway lesson though.

I just don't have the funds for a motor unfortunately.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",

#127 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 04:32 PM

congrats lesley biggrin.gif

#128 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 05:15 PM

Hello.

O YESSS! Join the 4 minors club. biggrin.gif

#129 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 16 August 2006 - 09:14 PM

Hello.

YAAAAAAY for Lesley!

Here's a cow:

IPB Image

#130 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE(broughy @ Aug 7 2006, 11:52 PM) View Post

not exactly on the topic of driving tests, but driving nevertheless. i phoned up my driving school & pelted abuse at them today, was fun! basically, i was meant to have a lesson on friday & instructor didn't show. so i phoned her & got voicemail, then dad phoned the office. have heard absolutely zero from her, despite the fact that i found out today that she'd been in the office on saturday explaining some major crisis (which the office couldn't tell me cos of data protection - booooo, they're no fun!) & saying she'd phone her pupils & explain what had happened. as its the 2nd time she's done a no-show, plus 2 lessons which were cancelled 10 mins before, needless to say, i asked for a change of instructor. lets hope i'm a bit luckier this time round! its a shame really cos i really liked her, apart from the reliability issues!

I just saw this. At the end of the day, i feel reliability is a key part of their job. Pupils are paying a hell of a lot of money for the pleasure of being with them so i don't think anything but first class behaviour , on their part, is good enough. It's a competitive business and it's vital to set up a good name for yourself.

I was very lucky with my driving instructor, i really liked him and he never messed me about atall. He kept in contact regularly, and really gave me a boost after i had failed the last few times, which i really needed as i was totally demoralised. I actually felt that he was interested in me as a person, and tried to get to know me, as well as just teaching me. I also got the impression that he has good relations with all his pupils. An excellent teacher, despite being relatively new to the game.

I'll give him a plug i shall. Anyone in the southside of glasgow area looking for lessons PM me and i'll forward you his number. I'd reccommend him to anyone.

Och i'll miss him tongue.gif

user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",

#131 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 04:39 PM

Well done Lesley! I am PROUD. biggrin.gif

#132 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 04:54 PM

Thanks smile.gif

I had to keep it real.

I'm a ~100 lessons, plus numerous tests sort of girl. None of this I've had 1 lesson and passed first time with no minors rubbish for me.

It's jealousy tongue.gif
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",

#133 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 05:02 PM

My mum counted how many lessons I've had the other day. I didn't want to know.

My test's next Thursday. I'm not feeling that confident to be honest, when I'm nervous I just make a mess of things. =/

#134 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 05:25 PM

I am exactly the same. Like i said, my leg was shaking so much i had very little control of the clutch. That has happened in every test, but was particularly bad yesterday.

All i can say is, deep breaths, positive thinking and just stay focused.

I think how the examiner is with you makes a shed load of difference. The first guy i had was chatty and friendly, i made a wrong turning on a mini-roundabout and he just modified the route slightly because of that. If i was going on the second left, he's point out the first and little things like that helped alot. When i'm under pressure i make very stupid mistakes.

The second was harsh. He told me to go second right and i missed it, obviusly my fault but he practically shouted at me "eh, you've just missed it" which i thought was totally uncalled for. His little looks, scarcy comments and in particular the debriefing at the end was very un-motivating indeed.

The third was quiet which i don't like. It makes the situation seem all that worse. I hate silent atmospheres like that. He was a little more encouraging about the drive though.

Yesterday i got examiner number 2 again. As soon as i saw him i could've just started crying. I had just spent the previous lessons going on about how i hated him. He was very different though and encouraging from the start. I felt he really did his best to make me more comfortable. He got his sarcy wee comments in at the end about a couple of things but i was past caring.

Good luck biggrin.gif

Sorry, i couldn't stop typing there!
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",

#135 jon2005

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 12:09 AM

hey, just had my second lesson today and feel that while I'm coping well with gear changing and start/stopping etc. I just cannot get a hang of steering properly i.e the whole pull/push thing. Anyone got any tips for getting this engrained into memory as quick as possible?? thanks!

#136 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 04:06 PM

passed my theory test today! 35 (woohoo, go me, lol) & 55. pretty chuffed, but the theory's the easy bit!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#137 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 04:10 PM

Well done biggrin.gif
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",

#138 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE(jon2005 @ Aug 18 2006, 01:09 AM) View Post

hey, just had my second lesson today and feel that while I'm coping well with gear changing and start/stopping etc. I just cannot get a hang of steering properly i.e the whole pull/push thing. Anyone got any tips for getting this engrained into memory as quick as possible?? thanks!

Practise. Lots.
Took me a while to get the hang of driving, it was changin from normal to power that through me.

I think my instructor is pretty good. I'm probably very boring to teach though. I'm always so terrifed that I barely speak. Still hate driving but he said I'm doing quite well. I think he might just have been trying to cheer me up a bit though. I wish I had a friend who was learning to drive too, I'm worried that if I talk about it too much I'll completely put them off (which I may have already done ermm.gif ).

Congrats broughy, I got 34 and 48. The 48 wasn't very great but I'm baming it on being too early.

Good luck Lindsay, you'll be fine.

#139 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE(jon2005 @ Aug 18 2006, 01:09 AM) View Post

Yeah get a dinner plate, lock yourself up in the room, put it on your pillow and push and pull to your heart content. I kid.

Don't worry, it'll come naturally. As will your driving... you'll soon be "feeling" the car than driving it.

#140 jon2005

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 01:51 AM

lol hopefully that will come soon.

Out of intrest, how long did take you all to go from first lesson to passing your test?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users