Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Driving Test - HSN forum

Driving Test

190 replies to this topic

#1 Isla from Banff

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm at the University of Aberdeen studying Biology with Chemistry and Psychology, I live in Aberdeen in a private rented flat (i'm too good for halls lol) and I work at Pizza Hut just up the road from my flat!<br /><br />I've recently gotten really into Neighbours thanks to my flatmate and in return I've gotten her into Hollyoaks! Hahaha revenge is sweet! lol<br /><br />I'm a big music fan and I listen to a pretty wide variety of stuff. I'm really into Snow Patrol and The Kooks just now and yes I know I'm a loser but i don't care!<br /><br />I'm a tennor drummer with Turriff and District Pipe Band. We're only a grade 3 band but I wouldn't move bands if you paid me. We had a really good season this year as we are the North of Scotland Champion of Champions!!!!<br /><br />I love meeting new people so add me on msn if you want i don't mind.

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:01 PM

Anyone else failed their driving test recently or is it just me? lol i failed mine with 15 minors but no majors so there is 1 thing positive about it!!! lol

xx
I'm not a tease i'm just a reminder of what you can't please!!!!!

#2 D_n_y

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Interests:erm just the usual mince...

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:23 PM

What's the limit with the minors, as i passed my test with 12 minors rolleyes.gif
msn: I_dont_want_ur_junk@hotmail.com
MDunn

#3 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:27 PM

if you get 15 or more, you fail
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#4 D_n_y

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Interests:erm just the usual mince...

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:28 PM

According to the dsa, 15 minors is still a pass

You can make up to 15 driving faults and still pass the test (16 or more results in failure). However, if you commit one serious or dangerous fault you will fail the test. If at any time your examiner considers you to be a danger to other road users your test will be stopped.

http://www.dsa.gov.uk/Category.asp?cat=235 unsure.gif
msn: I_dont_want_ur_junk@hotmail.com
MDunn

#5 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:51 PM

oooh, there you go then. Isla, i'd get on to them about that!

on a separate note, some of you drivers/budding drivers might like to try this game

when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#6 Isla from Banff

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm at the University of Aberdeen studying Biology with Chemistry and Psychology, I live in Aberdeen in a private rented flat (i'm too good for halls lol) and I work at Pizza Hut just up the road from my flat!<br /><br />I've recently gotten really into Neighbours thanks to my flatmate and in return I've gotten her into Hollyoaks! Hahaha revenge is sweet! lol<br /><br />I'm a big music fan and I listen to a pretty wide variety of stuff. I'm really into Snow Patrol and The Kooks just now and yes I know I'm a loser but i don't care!<br /><br />I'm a tennor drummer with Turriff and District Pipe Band. We're only a grade 3 band but I wouldn't move bands if you paid me. We had a really good season this year as we are the North of Scotland Champion of Champions!!!!<br /><br />I love meeting new people so add me on msn if you want i don't mind.

Posted 16 March 2006 - 05:32 PM

hmm is it a good thing that my test finished like 5 mins early anyways?! doesn't matter i've got my test coming up soon so hopefully i'll pass 2nd time!!!! lol

xx

#7 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE(Isla from Banff @ Mar 16 2006, 05:32 PM) View Post

hmm is it a good thing that my test finished like 5 mins early anyways?!

xx

If at any time your examiner considers you to be a danger to other road users your test will be stopped.

tongue.gif

#8 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 16 March 2006 - 07:23 PM

the time isnt really important the test lasts as long as it take to get all the things done. So if you get stuck in traffic for 30mins you will be there forever. Or if your test is while the rest of the country is asleep...or sleepign at work then you will finish early.

Both my tests were finished early

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#9 Isla from Banff

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 08:50 PM

Thanks Dave feel slightly better but not a lot i probably am a danger on the road i didn't like my examiner either so that wouldn't have helped lol

xx

#10 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 16 March 2006 - 09:32 PM

if you are ever dangerous enough to have the instructor cut short the test then you wont get a major but a dangerous error. Also the examiner tells you to get out the car and they drive you back. Or in the case of someone i know he pissed off and left her at the side of the road. Guy lost his job surprise surprise

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#11 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 16 March 2006 - 11:09 PM

That isn't what my instructor tells me. According to him your allocation of time is 45 minutes and nothing more. I'd imagine that they'd have a very tight schedule to adhere to.

user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#12 wikked-dfc

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 11:29 PM

MIne was about 45 minutes but some people taking their test at the same time as me were just arriving after the examiner had told me i passed and went threw my minors and then my instructor went on bout them again, so a good 10/15minutes later.

15 minors isnt a fail unless 3 are in the same area. If you have 3 minors in hesitation for example then u fail so it may have been that.

Im so glad i passed first time cos i couldnt handle failin, i would be crushed an not able to try again lol. Altho i thot i had failed after the test, was shocked to have passed.

#13 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 12:28 AM

I really admire anyone who can drive or is learning how to drive.

At the moment, I totally just could not do it. How are yous all so brave to get in a car and onto a road?!! ohmy.gif Honestly... I hyperventilate if I am sitting in a drivers seat - even when the car is stationary - and I have nightmares about not being able to stop at a red traffic light rolleyes.gif

#14 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 17 March 2006 - 01:53 AM

Only take it nice and slow to start off with, and just go places which you're very familiar with smile.gif
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#15 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE(pseudotoxic @ Mar 17 2006, 01:53 AM) View Post

Only take it nice and slow to start off with, and just go places which you're very familiar with smile.gif

Aye.. first gear on a dual carriageway sure! laugh.gif

#16 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 04:56 PM

I sat my test yesterday and failed.

1 serious fault and 4 minors. The serious fault was for my reverse park - when I was reverse I never stopped for oncoming traffic. The reason I did this was because the road was insanely wide and there was no reason to stop! I am very dissapointed! I have had around 55-60 lessons with my instructor and this was my first test.

#17 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 17 March 2006 - 05:25 PM

Unlucky Shaun, nice minor count though!
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#18 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 06:00 PM

55 - 60 lessons?

There is seriously no need for that amount, that muast have cost heaps! I started off with my parents and when i got the hang of things I had a few lessons and sat my test.

Muchos cheaper.

You may have had 15 minors, but as mentioned earlier, if you get 3+ in one area it is considered a major and you'll fail.

#19 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 06:14 PM

I've had loads of lessons as well. But that's because the twice I've been in the car with my dad, we fell out.

Not everyone has the luxury of calm, controlled, understanding parents.

One time, I actually stopped the car, got out and walked home, hahaha!

#20 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 06:34 PM

Ach my friend has just failed her driving test sad.gif

Its a shame because I was hoping I could get a lift into Edinburgh tomorrow morning. tongue.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users