Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Email - HSN forum - Page 2

Email

67 replies to this topic

#21 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 03 March 2006 - 09:36 PM

It's clear that the BEST posters have been missed out on this scam...

I would've probably clicked it so thank ye god.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#22 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 03 March 2006 - 09:44 PM

i didn't open, doesn't take a genius to work out its a dangerous program.

#23 sarah_kt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:10 PM

hi i havent been here in ages as i have moved on the uni but i got the email and stupidly did click on it, the page didnt open (couldnt load properly, stupid internet connection!) but just wanted to check i would know if my computer got infected yeah?

#24 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE(lesley @ Mar 3 2006, 09:36 PM)

View Post

I am top poster (i think) and i got it

anyway i didnt open it i wondered if i should to do my computer geek bit but couldnt be bothered

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#25 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE(sarah_kt @ Mar 3 2006, 11:10 PM)
hi i havent been here in ages as i have moved on the uni but i got the email and stupidly did click on it, the page didnt open (couldnt load properly, stupid internet connection!) but just wanted to check i would know if my computer got infected yeah?

View Post

You should download Ad-aware (made by lavasoft) just in case and then run it. I think there's a lin k in here somewhere. It's free and it's good to have becuase you will have tons of harmless spyware on your computer which doesn't cause problems but does, when it builds up, slow your computer down a little.
It might be hard to tell if you have this one but there is different types, some of which you will have loads of (I had hundreds to delete first time) and some which you may only get one occasionally.

#26 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE(Dave @ Mar 3 2006, 10:20 PM)

View Post

anyway i didnt open it i wondered if i should to do my computer geek bit but couldnt be bothered

View Post

Lesley said "BEST", not "top" Dave whistling.gif

#27 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:25 PM

Best posters?

Yeah. Well, of course - I got it smile.gif

#28 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:25 PM

hey i am the biggest bestest poster i is yip

*i can hear the slaggin from here*

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#29 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE(Scott @ Mar 3 2006, 10:21 PM)
QUOTE(Dave @ Mar 3 2006, 10:20 PM)

View Post

View Post

Lesley said "BEST", not "top" Dave whistling.gif

View Post

Exactly smile.gif
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#30 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 03 March 2006 - 11:10 PM

i would know if my computer got infected yeah?

View Post

Definitely, you'd get lots of popups sad.gif

QUOTE(Scott)
Right, pseudo, as you received the email (I haven't yet, I feel left out!) you may want to copy and paste the headers to:

abuse@directrouter.com

They will deal with this little bawbag.

Will do! biggrin.gif

The main point of this thread should be that HSN is not to blame for any spyware/adware infections!
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#31 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 03 March 2006 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE(pseudotoxic @ Mar 3 2006, 11:10 PM)
i would know if my computer got infected yeah?

View Post

Definitely, you'd get lots of popups sad.gif

QUOTE(Scott)
Right, pseudo, as you received the email (I haven't yet, I feel left out!) you may want to copy and paste the headers to:

abuse@directrouter.com

They will deal with this little bawbag.

Will do! biggrin.gif

The main point of this thread should be that HSN is not to blame for any spyware/adware infections!

View Post

Cheers. Would have done it myself if I got the email. Thought that seeing as it has your email address on it, you know? smile.gif

#32 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 04 March 2006 - 10:43 AM

Heh, what the hell, my virus checker just got deleted two trojans when I came on here. Maybe they aren't related to HSN.

#33 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 04 March 2006 - 11:04 AM

But the real question is, why HSN? Surely he'd be better off going for more-populated sites? wacko.gif Anyways, what a bawbag. glare.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#34 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 04 March 2006 - 12:11 PM

there seems to be a virus on the hsn forum bit...16kb...every time I go to the original bit it shows up a download thing....before I click anything my AVG tells me (this is just on a PC, I don't think I have the problem on Mac)

#35 KhalidBoussouara

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:Hey this is weird cause I've not been here in ages. Been busy with uni and all that. Currently in second year of uni studying medicine. But you probably already knew that anyways.

Posted 04 March 2006 - 12:37 PM

user posted image

Some dodgy stuff in there. Luckily firefox doesn't load it up on my system biggrin.gif

Me thinks someone has been using exploits on this message board.
MSN: khalid@boussouara.co.uk

#36 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 01:28 PM

Considering the sneakyness of the way in which he did it, he kinda mucked up by using his own domain and using a really unprofessional email.

Guh!

#37 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 04 March 2006 - 01:53 PM

Please do not use IE until the problem is fixed. Alternative browsers you can use include: firefox and opera. The forum homepage is also affected so if you're using IE and are prompted with a .wmf file, decline it. If you have downloaded it and/or the file sent by the spoofed email I strongly recommend you run a virus scan.

I think I'm right in saying that a number of message boards have been affected with this - quite large and popular ones too including AMD forums & idolforums(?). I've actually read about this and there's another website along with the one Scott mentioned above which seems to exploiting it or whatever.

I'm sure George will be able to fix it. In the meantime, though, please use FIREFOX instead.

Looking at the page source, it seems like only the forum homepage is infected at the online list. Any pooter nerd agree?

And, yeah I got that email too - which by the way hasn't been sent by us. It's been faked (evident by the shit spelling & grammar) so don't click it.

Here's the headers and stuff from it:

MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: from cleveland.directrouter.com ([69.93.38.114]) by bay0-mc3-f2.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.211); Fri, 3 Mar 2006 07:56:19 -0800
Received: from nobody by cleveland.directrouter.com with local (Exim 4.52)id 1FFCdc-0002eq-Rofor ally@mod.hsn.uk.net; Fri, 03 Mar 2006 09:56:16 -0600
X-Message-Info: JGTYoYF78jHGs5ycS1iAe0KKayc24dNe0H7tgoWvdf0=
X-Mailer: IPB PHP Mailer
X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report
X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - cleveland.directrouter.com
X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - mod.hsn.uk.net
X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [99 32003] / [47 12]
X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - cleveland.directrouter.com
X-Source:
X-Source-Args: /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
X-Source-Dir: sammysolutions.com:/public_html
Return-Path: nobody@cleveland.directrouter.com
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 03 Mar 2006 15:56:19.0205 (UTC) FILETIME=[02C7DB50:01C63E

#38 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 04 March 2006 - 03:12 PM

i got it too, thanks Firefox for saving me from my stupidity of clicking on it lol

#39 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:mm.... to lazy to say

if your really interested you can just ask!

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 04 March 2006 - 05:46 PM

I blame Communism biggrin.gif

I got it. didn't open it. common sense. Plus i was like "what the!? Whats hsn wanting this time jeez" lol tongue.gif

I got protection anyway. Norton and Mircosoft Antispyware Beta1 d/l-ed that from some where ages ago, worked/s a treat.

#40 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 04 March 2006 - 05:50 PM

The guys IP traces to Dallas (USA). Anyone know what the reference to sammysolutions.com, above in the email headers I posted, means?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users