Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Email - HSN forum - Page 4

Email

67 replies to this topic

#61 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 05 March 2006 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE(George @ Mar 5 2006, 02:28 PM)
QUOTE(Betinho @ Mar 5 2006, 10:36 AM)
My email address isn't displayed anywhere on my profile, and it's set to hidden so the only way people can contact me is through the PM system (but I recieved the email).

It sounds more like a server problem rather than an IPB problem... tried contacting your host?

View Post

Yeah, sorry - I was just thinking out loud really smile.gif

When I went into the admin CP to send out a message about this to all memebers, I saw that there was a listing for the spam message that went out.

It looks like Ally is right, about the vulnerability which allows SQL injection.

View Post

Done a test on a test forum using the SQL Injection bug. It DOES work and can give you the login ability of any member on the forums (it does not give out passwords).

An upgrade to 2.0.4 resolves this issue. (Not going to give out details on how to perfom this).

#62 George

Child Prodigy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE(Scott @ Mar 5 2006, 02:36 PM)
An upgrade to 2.0.4 resolves this issue.

View Post

I've just put in a request to have the board upgaded to the latest version.

Also, the member list is back up - I was able to track down the cause of the problem smile.gif

#63 lmcewan06

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 12:41 PM

[font=Comic Sans Ms]i got tht email too but my computer is fine. try using the microsoft beta spyware thts wat i use [b]

#64 *Suz*

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 12:17 PM

My laptop has now completely broke, to put it bluntly, because of the virus. I've lost everything. All my uni assignments, lecture slides, pictures, everything. Luckily my brother fixes computers for a living so he is going to re-install the operating system for me but it'll be unlikely that i'll be able to get back any of the things i've lost. So yea, i'm gutted!
You'll never bring me down, cos' i'm so far above you...

#65 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Interests:Photography but first has to be Mountain Biking!

Posted 09 March 2006 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE(*Suz* @ Mar 9 2006, 12:17 PM) View Post

My laptop has now completely broke, to put it bluntly, because of the virus. I've lost everything. All my uni assignments, lecture slides, pictures, everything. Luckily my brother fixes computers for a living so he is going to re-install the operating system for me but it'll be unlikely that i'll be able to get back any of the things i've lost. So yea, i'm gutted!

now that is what i call.. unlucky.

#66 supernova

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:17 PM

It's easy enough to say, don't click, but to be fair, I wasn't really paying much attention, and when the email address was "forums@hsn...." I didn't really think it'd be a problem! I didn't know anything about .exe files either. Oh well.

I suppose I shouldn't be so trusting in the future.

Sorry for seeming like a whiny cow! I was just pretty pissed off!

At least I got to warn others before it spread!

But now my internet no longer works. sad.gif And I can't check my email at school! ARGH!

#67 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:35 PM

I'm having to reinstall Windows on my laptop sad.gif

Not too inconvenient, I was planning to do it anyway
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#68 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:20 PM

Apparently some guy who works for IPB had his own forum infected with the virus:
http://www.bfarber.com

rolleyes.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users