Oral Exam

5 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you think you'll do? (1 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you think you'll do?

1. A (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. B (1 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

3. C (0 votes [0.00%])

4. D (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Fail (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 26 February 2006 - 08:19 PM

As the title says, our oral exams occur in the next month or so, mine is on the 22nd of March. What topics is everyone doing? I'm concentrating on Smoking, Relationships and Sport (I think!) as well as our background of the Second World War. Also, how do you think you'll do? I'm hoping for at least a B. smile.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#2 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:36 PM

Well, seeing as no-one replied, I'll share my experience with y'all:

My oral went quite well. I did my NAB yesterday, which obviously helped in getting me into the right frame of mind, and I was able to correct errors I made along the way. The topics were Future Plans, Background (2nd World War in France), Relationships and Marriage, Smoking and Alcohol and finally Television. smile.gif

Maintenant, je dois parler en francais. Je suis fort au sujet "le tabac et l'alcool", et c'etait facile pour moi. D'autre part, il etait tres difficile de parler de la guere, mais j'ai fini ca d'accord.

Is there anyone else on here who wants to share their experiences (past or present)? unsure.gif

IPB Image

#3 cc100

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:00 PM

Saluut!!! I did my oral today as well. I got the characters in the book I studied mixed up - there's Julien, Joseph and two guys called Jean lololol! Obviously there were a few technical errors in there too, but I think it went rather well on the whole.
The examiner said it was very good and before the end of the exam she asked, "Where did you learn to speak French?" so I said: "At school." Then she was like: "felicitations!" I don't know how to take that one lol, but loadsa people have told me before that they can't believe that I don't have French family or something like that because my accent is so good and I can speak quite fluently.
I spoke about my trip to Strasbourg, future plans, inequality of the sexes, Europe and that damn book "Au revoir, les enfants."
Glad everything went well for you smile.gif

"...You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise....
Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."

**Maya Angelou**

Si tu le fais, le fais bien ou ne le fais pas.

Against terrorism and in favour of peace.
Contra el terrorismo y a favor de la paz.

An eye for an eye will turn the world blind.
Ojo por ojo y el mundo acabará ciego.
~Gandhi~

#4 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE(cc100 @ Mar 22 2006, 07:00 PM) View Post

Saluut!!! I did my oral today as well. I got the characters in the book I studied mixed up - there's Julien, Joseph and two guys called Jean lololol! Obviously there were a few technical errors in there too, but I think it went rather well on the whole.
The examiner said it was very good and before the end of the exam she asked, "Where did you learn to speak French?" so I said: "At school." Then she was like: "felicitations!" I don't know how to take that one lol, but loadsa people have told me before that they can't believe that I don't have French family or something like that because my accent is so good and I can speak quite fluently.
I spoke about my trip to Strasbourg, future plans, inequality of the sexes, Europe and that damn book "Au revoir, les enfants."
Glad everything went well for you smile.gif

I've seen the film of "Au Revoir, Les Enfants" it was quite good actually! Congrats on yours, it sounds like it has gone very well! My accent is really French-sounding as well, my voice changes completely when I speak the language apparently. unsure.gif

IPB Image

#5 cc100

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:12 PM

Cool smile.gif That's my fave part about French - putting on the cute accent lol! My friends are fixated with it: they're forever saying "Oooh! Say something in French!" Yeh the film of ARLE is alright... it's just when you study something I tend to think it sucks all the fun right out of it heehee!

"...You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise....
Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."

**Maya Angelou**

Si tu le fais, le fais bien ou ne le fais pas.

Against terrorism and in favour of peace.
Contra el terrorismo y a favor de la paz.

An eye for an eye will turn the world blind.
Ojo por ojo y el mundo acabará ciego.
~Gandhi~

#6 krazykooki

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 06:29 PM

i read the book an seen the film of ARLE an enjoyed it but i think that it helped that we didnt spend loadsa time on it
as for the speaking im dreading it mines on 29th march i did my NAB an failed the discussion i seem to try up in exam conditions an make stupid mistakes but hopefully il b ok on the day my topics are marriage, role of men/women in society, the media and environment an the books 'un sac de billes' and 'au revoir les enfants'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users