Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Your Injurys and Breaks - HSN forum

Your Injurys and Breaks

25 replies to this topic

#1 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:mm.... to lazy to say

if your really interested you can just ask!

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 25 February 2006 - 11:12 PM

Well lets see who has had the most and best injurys shall we?

personally i have been lucky. only ever broken two bones before.

My nose when i was wee. fell off the top of a deer fence straight on to a rock nose first.

and secondly and more interestingly my knee. Grab some popcorn.

All happened at the start of 5th year, i had just come back from football and i flicked a stone over my head, like u would do with a football, and then felt a sharp pain in my knee and hobbled in doors. so i'm laid up for the weekend cos it was pretty sore and then went to school the next day for 5th year introducion day!! Which sucked i may add. So i am going to school with my knee bloody hurting, total agony to walk or do anything, Couple of mouths later its still sore and what not, with a wee lump. But i'm back to playing sport, playing football and stuff. then whilst playing basketball i got knee-ed right on it and just crumpled. got home and the swelling was growing huge(it was actually the size of a tennis ball) and it justs gets sore-er and more red in the next couple of days. Then the next morning i wake up about 6 o clock put my hand under the sheets and feel moisture and think shit (nothing dirty, that never even crossed my mine) then i just fell back to sleep. at half seven my mum walks me up for school, i lift the bed sheets off and look at the matress. whole bed is covered in blood, with 2 huge clotted lumps the size of a golf balls lying there. My knee had exploded under the pressure of the swelling whilst i was sleeping. Nice eh. So i was like emm.. mum bit of an accident here! So i go to school, show off my hole tongue.gif and decide i better go to the docs again. ( i had been once(about a month after i did it) and he had no idea what i had done, we just thought it was a muscle pull) and he like yip no idea what it is. so i have these big bandages to go on it and all sorts, and i had to go back every week to see my progress. then i got told i had to go to hospital. had to wait for 2/3 months. FARSH !! then when i finally got there hes like yip god knows what that is. puts all the tests away etc. all came back clear. Got an x-ray, had snapped abit of bone off my knee. So i had been walking around without crutches or anything with a broken knee and had been playing flipping sports aswell!!! madness. Apperently i have quite a high pain threshold. the doc told me that as he blunt my flesh in the hole in my knee with some sort of lethal burning sticks. he had to do this because the flesh was healing quicker than the skin or something. So its all heal up nicely now. only took a year from first doing it to it healing properly.

So anyway bit of an eassy there! i have photos as proof of the lump but their on my phone. and i don't have bluetooth on my computer sad.gif

But yeah... lets hear ur woes of injury....

pk

#2 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 25 February 2006 - 11:34 PM

I got knocked down

snapped a ligament in my arm

end of story

#3 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 11:39 PM

worst i've ever done was splitting my head open. did it when i was 7, tripped over an edging stone sorta thing in the garden & landed on the doorstep. got butterfly stiches on my forehead, & a nice scar. lol
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#4 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 25 February 2006 - 11:42 PM

Yeah i have a few nice scars too. Got a one on my thigh where i got mauled by a dog. and my knees where i fell off my bike on a big hill and slid down the hill on my hands and knees with the bike ghost riding beside me!! laugh.gif This was tarmac aswell btw tongue.gif

#5 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 25 February 2006 - 11:45 PM

Plenty of minor injuries from football.

A few major ones:
At age 14 I found out that the bone in my right knee was growing the wrong way which forced me to stop football for 6 months. I wasn't allowed to run or put any sort of stress on it.

Injured my back playing football. Had to get the game abandoned as they got an ambulance onto the park. Was fine after some rest but according to my coach it was the most awkward landing he'd seen. Simply put I went in for a 50/50 ball and the other guy slid in while I stood up. I went over and landed with my back sort of curled, landing on my lower back with my feet pretty much over my head.

I suffer from asthma (not really in past few years). Also have some severe allergies. Only had one serious asthma attack when I was 5. Was seconds away from a severe allergic reaction that could have killed me also.

When I was 12 I was playing football in my neighbour's back yard with a fly away. He kicked the ball into a tree and I went up to get it. I couldn't reach it and so I asked for a pole to help. He couldn't see me and decided to throw the pole into the tree. It was metal and hit me about 5mm from my left eye. I fell 10ft from the tree. Luckily the pole stopped when it hit my skull but nonetheless there was bloody everywhere. Had a bandage round my head for weeks!

*edit*
Oh yeah, when I was 4 I sort of ran head first into a wall and split my head open. That was pretty stupid. I didn't see the wall or nothing, until my brother shouted "Scott! The wall" I didn't stop, maybe I thought I'd go straight through!? laugh.gif

#6 IcE

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 12:04 AM

I know this sounds wierd, I never really been seriously injured. Also never been stung from a wasp or bee, so am I the luckiest person here lol wink.gif

#7 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 12:09 AM

I cracked my pelvis. Quite a funny story really. My sister was on the swing - it was one of them animal swings. A big steel bird thing with horns. Yeah, well I was about 6. I walked in front of the swing it it went bang into my pelvis (dont laugh!!).

It hurt like hell to do the toilet for ages after that and twas all bruised. unsure.gif And...it still hurts sometimes ph34r.gif

Once I was climbing a barbed wire fence and got stuck half way. Got a bit of barbed wire caught in my thigh. Ouch! pinch.gif

I also fell backwards down a dyke on to barbed wire and have a scar on my shoulder.

Broke my fingers countless times in sibling arguments (!!) and falling out of treehouses and hockey games.

And I have stitches in my thumb at the moment from a glass injury. sad.gif Which will no doubt leave a beauty of a scar runnign down the length of my thumb perhaps even stained black from the ink that I was covered in while it happened.

Wellt ahts a few of hte ones that cmes to mind...

#8 IcE

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 12:11 AM

Oh Damn! You people get these injuries from doing wierd shit lol

#9 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 12:32 AM

lol man that reminds me once when I was on holiday when i was younger i was playing a round of golf with my dad and brothers. My brother hit his ball into a neighbouring field. So me being the youngest was instructed to go and retrieve it. There was a wall then a fence then another wall block me from the field. So I just climb up the wall jump off it onto the fence. Bloody fence was electric!! i was stuck on it for about 2 seconds till my brother hauled me off. Resulting in him being electrocuted as well. I played great golf after that and he played rubbish tongue.gif Sweet justice. Later found out that the fence was connected up to the mains!! Surely that isn't allowed. I could have died! Honestly it was like that scene in Jurassic park biggrin.gif

Weird that thinking about it I have had many injuries, only 2 breaks and never had stitches. We must just be hardly up here in the highlands tongue.gif

pk

#10 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 26 February 2006 - 10:47 AM

I've never really had any serious injuries (well, not any that required me to be hooked up to anything for weeks and undergo major surgery tongue.gif)

Broke my ankle in two places when I was 14, because a couple of kids decided to trip me up with a skipping rope while I was outside with a bunch of people having a water fight. So they tripped me up, somehow I broke my ankle in two places, was in agony, had to go to hospital and wait two hours or so until a doctor would look at it. He only noticed one break, but was suspicious about another one, so booked an appointment for me with the consultant for the following day and put on a temporary cast for the night. Next day, the consultant had a look at the x-ray for five seconds then immediately concluded that it was broken in two places. He could have done that the day I broke it tho, if it took him that little time. rolleyes.gif

Also, when I was six years old, I ran and slipped on the wet paving, it was a rainy day, ended up falling into a cast iron post and cracking my head. Had to have stitches, and had a lovely scar that's visible now every time I get a haircut. tongue.gif

In reply to IcE, well, I thought I'd never get stung by a wasp, until two years ago in December, when I was wrapping presents in my Gran's house, in the loft, and a wasp crawled up to me, I took a step and stood on it without realising...was barefooted at the time, got stung on my toe. Wasn't nice, I can tell you that. Killed the bugger soon after.

#11 Gillz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:My name is Gillian and my main interests are: running, cycling, going to the gym, shopping (more of an addiction than an interest!), rock/indie music and going out with friends.<br /><br />I am currently in sixth year, studying AH Geography, H Maths and Crash H Business Management.<br /><br />I've applied for a mixture of Geography and Business at uni and have had some offers back, so looking forward immensely to starting uni next year wherever that may be! <br /><br />Standard Grade results:1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,3 for English, Geography, Admin, Physics, Chemistry, R.M.P.S, German, Art and Maths respectively.<br /><br />Fifth Year results: A,A,A,B,C for Int 2 Maths, H Physics, H Geography, H Chem and H English respectively.

Posted 26 February 2006 - 11:43 AM

Well just a few wee things happened to me really...
I dislocated my knee after a whole day of cycling, i literally just got off my bike and out it popped! (it wasn't funny i was in agony for 4 hours until the doctor put it back in) anyway i got off school for 3 months which was allright!. Then when i went back to school i dislocated it again, wasn't as bad the second time and then to top it all off i found out i had scoliosis (cuvature of the spine) so had to go on a wee trip to The Sick Kids Hospital in Edinburgh for 2 weeks to get an operation which consisted of attaching 2 8cm long titanium rods to my spine and had to get part of my hip removed at the same time to graft it into my spine to help it grow straighter. Now i have 2 scars to mark the occasion, one that runs right the way down the length of my spine and one on my hip. Nice.

#12 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Well I like a WIDE variety of things! haha i sound like a freak!<br />Anyways, I LOVE!!! music! ooh sooo much!!<br />haha i also like shopping and ehhm, drama and talking and swimmin(woo look at me aint i fit (not)) and ehhh thats all folks! haha! man i laugh alot! and i can talk for scotland! dont put iot past me i rambol on a lot!!

Posted 26 February 2006 - 12:59 PM

ok, so Ive never actually broken anything either but I do have quite a few very nice scars i have no idea how i got! Ive also got a nicely bruised n swollen ankle from falling down the stairs yesterday but that doesnt really hurt. Only time Ive been taken to hospital for something like that recently was when i sprained my wrist VERY badly and had a big giant bandage up my arm (couldnt write for ages) tongue.gif but apart from a lot of bumps and scrapes Ive been pretty lucky, considering I am VERY VERY VERY clumsy! laugh.gif
Grrrrrr!!

#13 KhalidBoussouara

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:Hey this is weird cause I've not been here in ages. Been busy with uni and all that. Currently in second year of uni studying medicine. But you probably already knew that anyways.

Posted 26 February 2006 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE(IcE @ Feb 26 2006, 12:04 AM)
I know this sounds wierd, I never really been seriously injured. Also never been stung from a wasp or bee, so am I the luckiest person here lol wink.gif

View Post

Heh I once got stung on the nose by a wasp.
MSN: khalid@boussouara.co.uk

#14 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 26 February 2006 - 03:59 PM

I walked into a table and cut the side of my eye when I was two, and I still have a scar there. I got a tin whistle stuck in my throat some time after that. I fractured my wrist whilst rollerblading, aged eleven. Those are the most serious things.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#15 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE(Gillz @ Feb 26 2006, 11:43 AM)
Well just a few wee things happened to me really...

View Post

Bah! few wee things my foot! Your like a CyberBorg now tongue.gif

#16 Gillz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:My name is Gillian and my main interests are: running, cycling, going to the gym, shopping (more of an addiction than an interest!), rock/indie music and going out with friends.<br /><br />I am currently in sixth year, studying AH Geography, H Maths and Crash H Business Management.<br /><br />I've applied for a mixture of Geography and Business at uni and have had some offers back, so looking forward immensely to starting uni next year wherever that may be! <br /><br />Standard Grade results:1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,3 for English, Geography, Admin, Physics, Chemistry, R.M.P.S, German, Art and Maths respectively.<br /><br />Fifth Year results: A,A,A,B,C for Int 2 Maths, H Physics, H Geography, H Chem and H English respectively.

Posted 26 February 2006 - 05:01 PM

My scar from my operation is two times the size of Lindsays one! (if you thought hers was bad!) laugh.gif

#17 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 06:47 PM

Mine is about 2 1/2 times as big, if this is a competition... Hmm.

Well, i was born with a slightly strange heart - 2 things were connected at the wrong place so that had to be fixed during some major heart surgery. Doctors didn't realise this until i was 2, they thought i had asthma up until then.

I ran into a glass coffee table which resulted in a VERY nasty cut lip - resulted in another hospital trip! 5 - 6yrs

Again, whilst running, i slipped on freshly cut grass and dominated my chin - i chipped the bone - hospital trip! 10 yrs?

Whilst skateboarding i broke my wrist on a vert ramp at 13!

I've got a lot of injuries and scars from mountain biking and skating, but none from snowboarding!

So i have many scars, including a 25 - 30cm one:)

#18 mystic

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:BMXing, anything to get me into trouble, having fun, riding the horses, being the person your parents don't want you to be friends with! my msn address is bleeding_the_vampire@hotmail.co.uk

Posted 26 February 2006 - 08:19 PM

couple of broken ribs, stil don't 1 in a painful place. broken nose couple of times. crushed leg when horses, took off and went over me. fractured wrist when forgot to let go of a bolwing ball. oach! loads of riding injuries including got whip lash from some 1 esle riding a horse, went after it the rider thorugh the reins to stop him and the metal nleather hit my face at high speed. buch of others!
gizmo
x
if your thoughts are no good, its only because you don't express then clearly!
gizmo
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/milk...icture_0038.jpg

#19 maria

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE(IcE @ Feb 26 2006, 12:04 AM)

View Post

im the same!! never had a serious injury, and never been stung either, though have been kinda close to!! laugh.gif

so looks like we are both lucky!! tongue.gif
Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping.
When you feel like giving up...just remember why you held on for so long.

#20 *Suz*

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 09:28 PM

I had a few operations to get my muscle in my right eye tightened when i was 2 as i was partially blind, and still am, in that eye. Ive got a nice wee scar above the eyelid to show for it.

A couple of years ago i tripped over a shoe in my gran's living room and fell backwards through her glass door. Ended up in a pool of blood at the back of my head and no skin left on my elbow so i could just see the bone sticking out. Then i passed out (with shock i think) and had to be rushed to hospital where they operated and fished all the glass out from my elbow and head. I have the most ugliest of ugly scars on my elbow now - lovely! Ive also had various other operations but i won't bore everyone with all my ailments tongue.gif
You'll never bring me down, cos' i'm so far above you...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users