Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
She's alive! - HSN forum - Page 3

She's alive!

64 replies to this topic

#41 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:02 PM

SLJ said something commendable?

WTF?
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#42 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE(PK Barackis @ Feb 23 2006, 11:58 AM)
Whoo whoo whoo

Order ORDER!!

cleary lindsay well loved around these parts, lot of people getting on their high horses here. i think everyone just needs to calm down, i'm sure Rocky meant it harmlessly and it just came across abit shite.

pk

aww thats my good deed done for the day smile.gif

View Post

There's an edit button there for a reason mate (3 posts in a row within a few minutes) wink.gif

I know you may have been a member for a year or so but only really been active of late but you need to accept that on forums you get people that pick out others as targets for abuse. Rocky has done this before (And if I remember correctly, has said something offensive to Lindsay before). Why should she or anyone else be nice and forgive him if he's only here to offend people.

We've got a great community here and it's people like him that are hellbent on causing trouble. You'll find that the majority of comments made by the older users that may seem offensive are to be taken with a pinch of salt as the majority of us get on well. But users like Rocky are just here to cause trouble.

As he has caused trouble before then there's no doubt in my mind that "the words he said came out wrong". He knew that what he was saying was going to be offensive and insulting.

#43 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:mm.... to lazy to say

if your really interested you can just ask!

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 23 February 2006 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE(Scott @ Feb 23 2006, 02:45 PM)
QUOTE(PK Barackis @ Feb 23 2006, 11:58 AM)
Whoo whoo whoo

Order ORDER!!

cleary lindsay well loved around these parts, lot of people getting on their high horses here. i think everyone just needs to calm down, i'm sure Rocky meant it harmlessly and it just came across abit shite.

pk

aww thats my good deed done for the day smile.gif

View Post

There's an edit button there for a reason mate (3 posts in a row within a few minutes) wink.gif

I know you may have been a member for a year or so but only really been active of late but you need to accept that on forums you get people that pick out others as targets for abuse. Rocky has done this before (And if I remember correctly, has said something offensive to Lindsay before). Why should she or anyone else be nice and forgive him if he's only here to offend people.

We've got a great community here and it's people like him that are hellbent on causing trouble. You'll find that the majority of comments made by the older users that may seem offensive are to be taken with a pinch of salt as the majority of us get on well. But users like Rocky are just here to cause trouble.

As he has caused trouble before then there's no doubt in my mind that "the words he said came out wrong". He knew that what he was saying was going to be offensive and insulting.

View Post

yeah was giving him the benefit of the doubt. but if what u say is true then fair enough and about that edit button wink.gif I am aware it is there but i am on a crappy computer in the library at school atm and it had like froozen so i click on add reply 3 times. So as a result it then finally added them but added 3 instead of one. so instead of there being 3 of the same i decided just to edit them and at least make it something different. Their should be a delete button!! So thats was the woes of me and my 3 posts in less than a min!

pk

#44 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE(Rocky @ Feb 22 2006, 10:15 PM)
Listen no offence also thats good to hear you did good with the surgery. Now Lindsay do you not think you need to go out more, as you always on HSN and talking to your 'net' mates. Just saying theres more life than the net, as there are people outside.

View Post

Ok, a few points to make. I'll number them to make life simpler for you:

1.) I do go out. Really, I do. But the past eight months of my life, I've been ill. Extremely ill. And just five days ago, I underwent major surgery. I had fourteen inches of my bowel removed. The five inch cut was made in my stomach. I am battered and bruised to bits. Do you know how much you use your stomach muscles for? I can barely walk at the moment, never mind leave the house.

2.) I come on here for an hour a day, if that. Because I spend most of my time in bed, reading, sleeping or watching TV.

3.) I can't do much for myself just now. I need my parents to help me up out of chairs and out of bed and in and out of the bath.

4.) I do have friends. They've been over to see me the past two days, bearing gifts and cards and wishing me well.

5.) It's a little bit hypocritical of you to tell me off for coming onto a message board and talking to people (the very PURPOSE of a message board) when you only come on to stir things.

6.) I would love to go out and do things, meet people, have fun and BE a normal 18 year old girl, but I can't because I had a small intestine full of ulcers and infection and scarring that was so painful that I could barely go 24 hours without throwing up.

7.) I'm on so much medication right now I practically rattle whenever I DO move.

8.) You, my friend, are a pathetic little dick. I normally wouldn't care what a complete arse like yourself would have to say to me, but I'm actually pretty touchy on the subject of my health. So get a life, leave me alone, and remember I have the power to ban you whenever I feel the need.

That'll be all.

#45 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 06:14 PM

gooooooooo Lindsay!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#46 Rocky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 06:49 PM

Listen I only been here sometimes, I really meant before she was ill and all that. As I am not trying to cause trouble, I even said 'No offence' was saying in general. When she wasn't ill, this is a fact, she was always on here. Was just wondering also Wedge when was my last post that I needed help on some Qs, I couldn't get hmmm. Last year, oh yeah so please don't say I repeatedly do it which is a blantant lie. Also typing out on the net, someone is a dick w.e is pathetic. Try be mature Lindsay, I not been here 24/7 so how am I to know what yor health has been. Also my last comment, did not in any way attack at your health problems. So try to read the comments properly, thanks.

#47 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 06:52 PM

No, you told me to get out more. And I can't. Because I'm ill.

The first post here actually explains that I'd been in hospital. Do you think I popped in for a holiday or something?

Oh, did you not read my post properly or something?

And why pick on me? There are people here with more posts than me. That can't possibly mean that they spend a lot of time online.

*edit*

I hate little Internet boys who think they have the right to tell ME to get out more and live in the "real world".

I mean, what the hell are THEY doing? Sending these messages telepathically to the message board while they are partying with the best people in all the world? Because they are clearly far to cool to be sitting behind a computer screen. God forbid.

Thing is... I don't get this whole "Internet" and "real life" thing. I mean, is the Net fake or something? Are the relationships we form online somehow less valid than relationships we make with other people face to face? I don't know about you, but I am ACTUALLY sitting here, at my computer, saying what I think and what I feel. Just like I would if all of you people were in a room with me.

My friends online are important to me, like my friends who live near me are. Just because we've never met in person doesn't mean I can't trust them or care about them.

#48 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE(Rocky @ Feb 23 2006, 06:49 PM)
I not been here 24/7 so how am I to know what yor health has been. Also my last comment, did not in any way attack at your health problems. So try to read the comments properly, thanks.

View Post

two things:

one, your sentence about reading threads? well clearly if you'd read the thread, it makes it pretty damn clear that Lindsay hasn't been well, i think thats implied, cos last time i checked they didn't do operations for no reason.

two, you did so attack the health aspect. its what the whole damn thread is all about. as Lindsay said above, she can't do as much as she'd like at the minute. so what if she spends time on the net? there's not a lot else to do other than watch tv & be on the net when you're not too well.
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#49 Rocky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 06:56 PM

Ok chill, but I was saying before you had your surgery and stuff. That why do you go on the site too much for. Clearly not at the moment, also I didn't know about your past health issues, as I don't come on HSN or on the PC that much.

#50 KhalidBoussouara

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:Hey this is weird cause I've not been here in ages. Been busy with uni and all that. Currently in second year of uni studying medicine. But you probably already knew that anyways.

Posted 23 February 2006 - 06:57 PM

Heheh someone is getting PWNED in this thread laugh.gif
MSN: khalid@boussouara.co.uk

#51 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 06:58 PM

No, you just come on to have a go at me.

I come here because I have friends here. I get conversation. I get a laugh.

This is the only place I talk to a lot of them, I don't have everyone on my MSN. So I have to come here to converse with people.

It's a message board. An internet community. Where people exchange messages.

What a bizarre concept.

#52 Rocky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 07:00 PM

Theres another thing called a 'phone', you know talk to your mates they can come over. Help you through this hard time, yet you unhealthy you still go on the PC.

#53 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE(KhalidBoussouara @ Feb 23 2006, 06:57 PM)
Heheh someone is getting PWNED in this thread  laugh.gif

View Post

someone is finding out that when you mess with someone thats pretty well liked around here, you pay the price!
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#54 Rocky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 07:02 PM

Yeah I am paying, by people over the net with messages WOW. As its pathetic, as we all if you met that person in reality, you wouldn't even say it to their face.

#55 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE(Rocky @ Feb 23 2006, 07:00 PM)
Theres another thing called a 'phone', you know talk to your mates they can come over. Help you through this hard time, yet you unhealthy you still go on the PC.

View Post

And I talk to my friends on the phone. But, oh my god, I actually made some friends on the Internet who don't live near me and who I don't have the phone numbers of. Golly gee!

I may be ill, but I can sit at a computer. It's actually not a very strenuous activity. Go to computer. Sit on chair. Switch on. Type.

Wow.

#56 Rocky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 07:03 PM

But maybe you need to rest and not waste energy on the PC.

#57 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 07:04 PM

how much energy does it take to sit at a computer?
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#58 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE(Rocky @ Feb 23 2006, 07:03 PM)
But maybe you need to rest and not waste energy on the PC.

View Post

I've been sleeping all day as it happens. But doctor's orders, when you're not asleep, get up and do something. Keep your brain active.

So here I am.

#59 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE(Rocky @ Feb 23 2006, 07:02 PM)
Yeah I am paying, by people over the net with messages WOW. As its pathetic, as we all if you met that person in reality, you wouldn't even say it to their face.

View Post

is that meant to imply i wouldn't say any of what i've said here to your face? i damn well would, anyone who knows me will tell you i'm not afraid of saying what i really think
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#60 Rocky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 07:10 PM

It easy to 'talk the talk' yet when its the real life situations, they don't 'walk the walk'. So please don't bore me with that boring crap, I've heard it all before. Also Lindsay, well maybe you could read a book, do some art, so many things

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users