Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
She's alive! - HSN forum

She's alive!

64 replies to this topic

#1 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 08:02 PM

You got it, I'm back from hospital already.

Two days after major surgery, and I'm back! I've already climbed the stairs TWICE. And we have a lot of stairs, let it be said.

I'm really sore, my tummy's all bruised. But that's to be expected. And the doctor had to take out 10inches more of my bowel than he thought. Ha!

But I'm really glad that I'll be in my own wee bed tonight.

There was me thinking I'd be gone over a week. Four days! Magic!

#2 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 20 February 2006 - 08:12 PM

Woop! Glad to hear everything went well smile.gif

#3 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 08:16 PM

I would come onto MSN and talk to you, but my computer hates me and won't let me. Le sigh.

HOWEVER, I'm HOME! I was just about to text you and tell you, but here you've read it here already.

Mummy just bought my series 6 of Dawson's Creek. biggrin.gif Happy happy days! Because I'll be in bed for pretty much the next week, so I needed something to do. Yaaaas!

Oh my giddy aunt, I'm so excited. And I shouldn't get excited or experience any other strong emotions because it just hurts my tummy.

Hospital was fun though. They did all sorts of unpleasant things to me. Like the doctor shoved his finger up my bum. And they had me peeing through a tube connected to a bag. Niiiice. They made up for it though, by giving me a special button, and whenever I hit it, I got morphine!

I had a total morphine high last night.

And OH MY GOD. The doctor has totally cured my jaw! Before, I could barely open my mouth and I was a bit of a laughing stock if we're honest, but now it swings open, free and wild! I could eat a small child if I felt that way inclined.

#4 KhalidBoussouara

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:Hey this is weird cause I've not been here in ages. Been busy with uni and all that. Currently in second year of uni studying medicine. But you probably already knew that anyways.

Posted 20 February 2006 - 08:23 PM

It's great that everything went well for you and your back smile.gif
MSN: khalid@boussouara.co.uk

#5 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 20 February 2006 - 08:24 PM

Excellent news biggrin.gif
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#6 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 20 February 2006 - 08:31 PM

w00tness! biggrin.gif Glad to hear you're getting better now. smile.gif

#7 *Suz*

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 08:49 PM

That's brilliant, glad everything went well smile.gif
You'll never bring me down, cos' i'm so far above you...

#8 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 09:37 PM

yey, we got our Lindsay back, lol
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#9 DazzM

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:WWE/Wrestling, MSN, PS2, Xbox, DVDs, havin fun with my mates, Reading, the usual malarky

Posted 20 February 2006 - 09:40 PM

Good to hear you are well!

As I said, we're too young for this sorta illness guff! We've got fun to have!
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image

#10 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 09:54 PM

Nice to hear you are well, have your jaw back...smile.gif

can't have been nice for hte doctors to be poking up your bum though ohmy.gif

#11 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 20 February 2006 - 09:56 PM

It must be more uncomfortable than the feeling you get, that is really uncomfortable, well in my expoeriance it is.

#12 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:10 PM

Good to see your alright biggrin.gif
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#13 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Feb 20 2006, 08:16 PM)
I would come onto MSN and talk to you, but my computer hates me and won't let me.  Le sigh.

HOWEVER, I'm HOME!  I was just about to text you and tell you, but here you've read it here already.

Mummy just bought my series 6 of Dawson's Creek. biggrin.gif Happy happy days!  Because I'll be in bed for pretty much the next week, so I needed something to do.  Yaaaas!

Oh my giddy aunt, I'm so excited.  And I shouldn't get excited or experience any other strong emotions because it just hurts my tummy.

Hospital was fun though.  They did all sorts of unpleasant things to me.  Like the doctor shoved his finger up my bum.  And they had me peeing through a tube connected to a bag.  Niiiice.  They made up for it though, by giving me a special button, and whenever I hit it, I got morphine!

I had a total morphine high last night.

And OH MY GOD.  The doctor has totally cured my jaw!  Before, I could barely open my mouth and I was a bit of a laughing stock if we're honest, but now it swings open, free and wild!  I could eat a small child if I felt that way inclined.

View Post

Did the freaky man eventually leave your room? Typical Airdrie tongue.gif

Did Rushton send you the "Get Well Soon Card" or are you going to have to threaten him some more?

Anyways, shouldn't you be in your bed or something resting? If not then ask your mum to see if they sell those morphine drips in the hospital gift shop. That'll keep you going!

#14 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:15 PM

Happy to hear you're doing quite well. biggrin.gif
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#15 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:mm.... to lazy to say

if your really interested you can just ask!

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:38 PM

Aye good to hear everything is hunky-doory!

can;t have been much fun with the whole finger up bum and peeing in a bag thingy. come to think of it i don;t what i would perfer that or having to watch the complete series of Dawsons Creek laugh.gif

glad it all went well.

pk x

#16 maria

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:42 PM

great to hear your better! hope you continue to improve, and enjoy Dawsons Creek!!
Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping.
When you feel like giving up...just remember why you held on for so long.

#17 Isla from Banff

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm at the University of Aberdeen studying Biology with Chemistry and Psychology, I live in Aberdeen in a private rented flat (i'm too good for halls lol) and I work at Pizza Hut just up the road from my flat!<br /><br />I've recently gotten really into Neighbours thanks to my flatmate and in return I've gotten her into Hollyoaks! Hahaha revenge is sweet! lol<br /><br />I'm a big music fan and I listen to a pretty wide variety of stuff. I'm really into Snow Patrol and The Kooks just now and yes I know I'm a loser but i don't care!<br /><br />I'm a tennor drummer with Turriff and District Pipe Band. We're only a grade 3 band but I wouldn't move bands if you paid me. We had a really good season this year as we are the North of Scotland Champion of Champions!!!!<br /><br />I love meeting new people so add me on msn if you want i don't mind.

Posted 21 February 2006 - 11:31 AM

Woohoo glad to hear your okay lindsay it was getting kind of quiet without you!!!!

xx
I'm not a tease i'm just a reminder of what you can't please!!!!!

#18 south lanarkshire jag

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 12:31 PM

welcome back the board

we are too young for serious illnesses as i know to my cost when my cousin was diagnosed with cancer

heres hoping you lead a healthy life and have no more problems

#19 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 21 February 2006 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Feb 20 2006, 08:16 PM)
but now it swings open, free and wild!  I could eat a small child if I felt that way inclined.

Oh gosh lady! You do make me laugh!

Glad to hear you're doing so well smile.gif Hope everything goes well and you're back to normal (Lindsay? Normal? Nah!) quicker than you can get a doctor to put a finger up yer back passage.

hug.gif
@

#20 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 04:47 PM

Thanks everyone. :]

Sharon - it's never nice having someone shoving their finger up your bum. That's happened to me far too often for my liking, and I don't even know why. It was a nervous medical student who did it this time. I had to do everything in my power to stop myself saying, "Sean! We've only just met! I can't let you do that, I'm just no that kind of girl."

And no, Scott, no card from the Rushton yet. I will get Jenny to kick him in the shins next time she sees him. The freaky man got moved out of the room after he pooed all over the place in the middle of the night. Honest to God. The nurse shouted at him. All of this at five in the morning. He then went for a shower, at half past five, then one of the nurses came in to hoover up all the water because he'd practically flooded the place, then the other old man decided that he needed a wash. All of this before six am. I didn't sleep a wink that night. The same old man liked to shout about his bowel problem, and the nurse kept saying, "Oh shut up, no one cares! It's your pancreas that you're in here for!" I was in the room for two days. It was great fun. Especially the guy that just got operated on and kept trying to sit up.

And Tuppy... You should really see how huge my mouth is now. It's a miracle. A complete medical marvel!

This post has well tired me out, I'm off for a lie down...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users