Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Seventh Year - HSN forum

Seventh Year

9 replies to this topic

#1 Peter

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:Sports, computers, GIRLS !!!<br /><br />I like doing drama, i want to be a stage manager for a big company

Posted 16 February 2006 - 01:32 PM

My Drama teacher wants me to stay on for 7th year to do advanced higher drama, hnc drama and katapult senior youth theatre (which the schools theatre group which recently came back from performing in the fringe, i was a part of the production team, stage managemtn team, and even got to be a drunk on stage at the beggining went of course)

What shall I do?

I think that is too much work for to do over one year?
P.E.T.E.R

#2 south lanarkshire jag

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE(Peter @ Feb 16 2006, 01:32 PM)
My Drama teacher wants me to stay on for 7th year to do advanced higher drama, hnc drama and katapult senior youth theatre (which the schools theatre group which recently came back from performing in the fringe, i was a part of the production team, stage managemtn team, and even got to be a drunk on stage at the beggining went of course)

What shall I do?

View Post

entirely up to you depends if that is what you wanna do

personnally i would say no but thats cause im a workshy bastard when it comes to the books (now playing footy is different)

#3 dehny

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE(Peter @ Feb 16 2006, 01:32 PM)

What shall I do?

View Post

7th year blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

My profile

1. Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält,
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt -
Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt.

#4 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 16 February 2006 - 05:32 PM

peter, is drama something you want to pursue as a career later on?

#5 Justboy

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:Anime, gaming, dvds, computers.

Posted 16 February 2006 - 05:45 PM

I think there's been about two 7th year at my school in the last 10 years.

#6 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 06:44 PM

And there is nothing wrong with it whatsoever.

Just rememeber that most of your friends will probably be going off to college/uni whatever, and you'll be stuck at school. Is this really something you want? But then again, is drama really something you want?

Offtopic: SLJ, your sig is huge, it just dominated my eyes, reckon you could shrink it a bit?

#7 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 09:51 PM

There's a girl in the year above me thinking about taking a 7th year...dunno if she will though unsure.gif

QUOTE(kyle @ Feb 16 2006, 06:44 PM)
Offtopic: SLJ, your sig is huge, it just dominated my eyes, reckon you could shrink it a bit?

View Post

yeah, that would be nice SLJ smile.gif

#8 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 17 February 2006 - 03:00 PM

Personally I would say no. I'm at uni now and I think 6 years of high school was quite enough! What do you want to do as a career or at uni/college? Also what do others teachers (guidance teachers, depute head etc) say? Staying on might just hold you back a year.
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#9 Joel

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 03:34 PM

I'm surprised schools actually allow anyone to stay for a 7th year. Can't remember that ever happening at my school...

#10 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 03:56 PM

a girl 2 years above me did a 7th year to do advanced art. personally, but the end of 6th year, i was ready for a new challenge. couldn't you do the HNC & advanced drama at college instead?
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users