Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Stirling Uni - HSN forum

Stirling Uni

17 replies to this topic

#1 kirsty1988

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Music<br />Relationships<br />Friendships<br />Food<br />XBOX!<br />Dancing my own way

Posted 09 September 2005 - 09:17 AM

I want to study Psychology at Stirling. Just wondered if anyone else was considering studying there. smile.gif
Kirsty Worsty

#2 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Interests:Photography but first has to be Mountain Biking!

Posted 09 September 2005 - 11:59 AM

i did apply and ive seen the campus, its really neet and i would like to have gone there..

#3 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 12:17 PM

I went to the open day there lasy year and a thing for the school where we stayed in the residences and went to pretendy lectures and stuff it was quite good but iwanted to go somewhere in a city. If you want to live on a campus thats all self contained outside the city then its a good place to go(although it does have the highest suicide rate for scotland! sad.gif )

#4 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 09 September 2005 - 12:27 PM

Lovely campus (beautiful natural setting, theatre on campus, etc.) although as dondon says some may rather stay in a city environment. Although the campus is on the edge of town there are cheap buses into Stirling town centre.
The flats on campus are small, yet cheap. Sports facilities are very good (if you're a swimmer or tennis player at least).
Course entry requirements tend to be lower than those of Edinburgh, St. Andrews, Glasgow, and the like, which may result in degrees from Stirling being less impressive to some employers.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#5 kirsty1988

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Music<br />Relationships<br />Friendships<br />Food<br />XBOX!<br />Dancing my own way

Posted 09 September 2005 - 07:00 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I'm used to being in an area completely away from the city life. Plus I can always hop on the train, I'm used to travelling too. Hopefully it won't make me suicidal! I think perhaps they are referring those figures to Stirling itself, which I've heard is really rough at nights etc from afew sources.

Besides the degree is accredited by the BPS, so I'll be alright lol. I hope! Plus I love countryside, haha, me running naked in fields and such like tongue.gif
Kirsty Worsty

#6 krazykooki

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 11:51 AM

i want to study French, German an Education at Stirling and the entry requirements are the same as most other unis that do languages slightly higher if u consider that Stirling insist that u av higher English at a B and none of the rest av that requirement at least not the ones iv looked at

#7 maria

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 10:29 AM

my brother went to Stirling University, and he loved it i think. its got a great campus, plus if its a sports degree your thinking of (thats what my brother did), its got fantastic things for that, with all the sporty stuff! its also not that far from Glasgow, only around 40 minutes on the train.

i think its a great Uni, and has got a good name for itself, a few of my friends are thinking of going their for P.E. Teaching, but seemingly its VERY difficult to get in to, as their are only 12 spaces!!
Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping.
When you feel like giving up...just remember why you held on for so long.

#8 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 15 September 2005 - 10:43 AM

I have a friend who goes to Stirling (I think he is going into third year now) and he really likes it.
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#9 kirsty1988

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:04 PM

I want to study Psychology (Bsc) at Stirling. Wondered if anyone else was wanting to go, not just for Psychology. I didn't quite fancy the traditional Glasgow and Edinburgh Uni's much lol. Plus I will be used to the isolation, seen as though I live in a dead-beat area anyways.
Kirsty Worsty

#10 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:playing the fiddle, swimming, music, the OC, Will and Grace and going out with friends. Not that there is much to do here!!

Posted 14 February 2006 - 03:19 PM

I know a couple of people who have applied there!! not sure if they are going though!! smile.gif
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#11 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 06:30 PM

How many students does it take to change a lightbulb

Stirling
None - Stirling looks better in the dark.

laugh.gif

not really, its got a really nice campus...i dont fancy it though...i also know a couple of people who have applied but im not sure if they're going either unsure.gif

#12 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 14 February 2006 - 06:59 PM

A couple of chaps from my old school go there and they love it!
@

#13 kirsty1988

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 05:39 PM

Apparently the swimming pools open all hours, which I thought was quite dodgy. Fun although I don't fancy swimming with weirdos at 4am in the morning.
Kirsty Worsty

#14 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 15 February 2006 - 06:31 PM

My best friend is gonig to do Geography at Stirling.

She's moving there in july. sad.gif
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#15 lipu

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 12:33 PM

I have two offers to study at Stirling:

1. LLB Law (accredited by the Law Society of Scotland)
2. BA Politics with History

Hav not seen the campus as our school would only let us go to 2 open days and I was applying to four unis, but will go to applicants day to have a look round. Will probably Firmly accept the LLB at Stirling (although havn't made my mind up yet as I have an offer at another uni) and accept their BA in politics and History as my Insurance one.
Law and Management Student
Robert Gordon University

------
George Orwell provided us with a warning, not an Instruction Manual
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little termporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety

Without freedom to offend, freedom of expression ceases to exist

#16 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:mm.... to lazy to say

if your really interested you can just ask!

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 26 February 2006 - 12:39 AM

Open day on the 8th march Anyone going?

#17 ruairidh

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:nothing much to do here in uist xcept go out with mates... of n work hard at school of course - always reminded about that 1 :( Like alot of music got a very varied taste like movies n that too, just regular stuff spose - add me on msn if ya like. <br />ruairidh.

Posted 14 March 2006 - 02:56 PM

Yeah i want to go to stirling. Defering this year for Film and Media and Journalism combined. Really like the whole campus thing - hope i get in - dont think i will cuz i need ABBB :S
Ruairidh.

#18 kirsty1988

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:12 PM

I'm going to the applicant day this sat march 18th. I'm going to have a good look at the acommodation and then wander round. The only thing i'm not too keen on is having my mum and dad trailing around with me. I feel really immature needing them to go about with me, but they are driving I suppose. I must look so young compared to the students already there haha tongue.gif
Kirsty Worsty

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users