Prelim Results

44 replies to this topic

Poll: How were your results? (25 member(s) have cast votes)

How were your results?

1. Better than expected (8 votes [32.00%])

Percentage of vote: 32.00%

2. As expected (6 votes [24.00%])

Percentage of vote: 24.00%

3. Worse than expected (8 votes [32.00%])

Percentage of vote: 32.00%

4. Off the radar! (3 votes [12.00%])

Percentage of vote: 12.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:playing the fiddle, swimming, music, the OC, Will and Grace and going out with friends. Not that there is much to do here!!

Posted 13 February 2006 - 10:29 PM

I go back to school tomorrow to my prelim results!! even though I only had two exams I don't think I've done all that well!! unsure.gif
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#22 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 13 February 2006 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE(nathanm @ Feb 13 2006, 07:07 PM)
arrrgh..my results are finally all in sad.gif

gaelic- A
maths- B
chemistry- B (but pass mark may change unsure.gif )
biology- C (teacher is gonna look for another mark to get a B though)
physics- D im really not happy bout this at all sad.gif

ah well, i suppose it'll make me work in the runup to may sad.gif

View Post

What are you intending to get in the finals?
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#23 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 13 February 2006 - 11:26 PM

I'd be happy with abbcd, jeez, I haven't started studying and the prelims start on Thursday. That's me screwed smile.gif

#24 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 14 February 2006 - 10:51 AM

Join the club, although i only have 3 exams, and i need to pass 2 of them AH Comp i can neglect lol

#25 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:34 PM

I only had my music exams in school this year. I got an A cool2.gif. But only juuuuust.

There is no AH art exam. And french prelims are next month.

#26 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:playing the fiddle, swimming, music, the OC, Will and Grace and going out with friends. Not that there is much to do here!!

Posted 14 February 2006 - 03:18 PM

I just got mine today, B in Physics and I think an A in French not sure though!! got 73% and when speaking is added to that the teacher said it will go up!! Thought I had done worse in French but Physics is as I thought!! well done everyone else and good luck to those waiting or yet to sit!! tongue.gif
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#27 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE(*sofax* @ Feb 14 2006, 03:18 PM)
I just got mine today, B in Physics and I think an A in French not sure though!! got 73% and when speaking is added to that the teacher said it will go up!! Thought I had done worse in French but Physics is as I thought!! well done everyone else and good to those waiting or yet to sit!! tongue.gif

View Post

hmmm!

#28 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 03:46 PM

eh?
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#29 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 14 February 2006 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE(*sofax* @ Feb 14 2006, 03:46 PM)
eh?

View Post

I think "luck" is missing from the sentence she highlighted in bold...

#30 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE(Allana @ Feb 13 2006, 11:15 PM)
What are you intending to get in the finals?

View Post

i was hoping for AAAAB but thats that idea out the window sad.gif

#31 maria

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 08:09 PM

got my results anyway! well at least i passed everything, thats one way of looking at it!! wink.gif

i got,
Gaidhlig - A
Chemistry - B
History - B
Maths - B
English - C

ABBBC isnt too bad considering i could have worked so much harder! makes you realise how much you have to do by May...i should really start studying soon! rolleyes.gif
Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping.
When you feel like giving up...just remember why you held on for so long.

#32 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE(Wedge37 @ Feb 14 2006, 05:43 PM)
QUOTE(*sofax* @ Feb 14 2006, 03:46 PM)
eh?

View Post

I think "luck" is missing from the sentence she highlighted in bold...

View Post

did i post that up there?? huh.gif

why?

i didnt even notice that the word was missing. in fact, tbh, i dont even remember reading sofa's post which is quoted. unsure.gif

sorry - dont have a clue how i managed that. just ignore it, this must be one of my bad days lol

#33 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 10:25 AM

lol it's cool I was just a bit confused!! which is easily done btw! tongue.gif
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#34 Isla from Banff

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm at the University of Aberdeen studying Biology with Chemistry and Psychology, I live in Aberdeen in a private rented flat (i'm too good for halls lol) and I work at Pizza Hut just up the road from my flat!<br /><br />I've recently gotten really into Neighbours thanks to my flatmate and in return I've gotten her into Hollyoaks! Hahaha revenge is sweet! lol<br /><br />I'm a big music fan and I listen to a pretty wide variety of stuff. I'm really into Snow Patrol and The Kooks just now and yes I know I'm a loser but i don't care!<br /><br />I'm a tennor drummer with Turriff and District Pipe Band. We're only a grade 3 band but I wouldn't move bands if you paid me. We had a really good season this year as we are the North of Scotland Champion of Champions!!!!<br /><br />I love meeting new people so add me on msn if you want i don't mind.

Posted 15 February 2006 - 12:20 PM

hiya i've got the expected grades of 4 b's apparently but i doubt it very much like!! i need at least these grades but i'd really like an a or 2!!

xx
I'm not a tease i'm just a reminder of what you can't please!!!!!

#35 xkarenx

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 06:27 PM

These are my fantastic (yeah right unsure.gif ) results..

Higher Computing: A (70%)
Higher Maths: Fail (39%)
Higher Admin (written paper): C (52%)

That's my worst results ever actually! I'm pleased with Computing of course, I thought Admin would have been better and Maths I just completely suck at but my whole class failed.. our teacher never gives us homework or anything we are all crap (although I did get the highest grade in my maths class) blink.gif .

#36 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 09:02 PM

don't worry plenty of time till the real thing and btw I was told that the whole admin class at my school failed!! smile.gif
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#37 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 11:34 PM

my physics class which has 17 people in it had *drumroll*

0 A's
1 B
2 C's
a couple of D's and a lot of fails

and you know what the teacher had the cheek to say

im quite happy with the classes results mad.gif

i swear, i could of hit him into next week! grrr

[/rant]

btw there is another physics class and the majority of them passed (with a's and b's, i'll add), and guess what, they have a different teacher dry.gif

#38 wikked-dfc

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 12:05 AM

Well my prelims start next wednesday and I have to start studying.

My Ucas predictions were A for business management, B for Spanish(To be safe, dont know who my teacher is tryin to kid, and B for advanced higher computing(again to be safe) but since they were sent away, I have heard from the uni and i really don;t care that much about the prelims,I'm only stayin on now for the social side eg common room and 6th year dance etc. Anyone else feeling the same

#39 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 16 February 2006 - 05:05 PM

here are my results

AH Chem - A
AH Maths - B (I was hoping for an A but what can you do?)
AH Bio - still to find out, but I think I will end up getting a B

mellow.gif

#40 smilie

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 04:40 PM

AH Maths 68% = B ( yeah!!! ) biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
AH Chemistry 40% = ungraded (Just as expected, anyway only 5 out of 11 passed) huh.gif
H Product Design 90% = A (would you expect any less!!!!) rolleyes.gif
H Art ??? (slow teachers that cant be assed marking it!!) dry.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users