Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
How's everyones prelims going? - HSN forum - Page 4

How's everyones prelims going?

83 replies to this topic

#61 jamiemc89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 10:16 AM

get in there, failed all three nabs but got and overall 84% in both the prelims =| i mean c'mone!?

#62 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 10:46 AM

Ouch that sucks!

Well, when i did higher I got a C in the prelim and an A in my final. So don't be disheartened by low prelim results.

Just keep practising.

#63 Adam

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 06:13 PM

I just did a second prelim (Unit 3 questions) and got 87%, so obviously I'm delighted. Especially considering that I got 52% in the first prelim. wink.gif

#64 Joel

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE(Betinho @ May 9 2006, 07:13 PM) View Post
I just did a second prelim (Unit 3 questions) and got 87%, so obviously I'm delighted. Especially considering that I got 52% in the first prelim. wink.gif
Well done. I've also just received results for a second prelim, I got 82%. smile.gif

#65 maximus

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 09:46 PM

did my second prelim a few days ago.. not sure how it went to be honest, paper I was ok, but paper II had me doing entire sheets of A4 full of working for some of the answers, shoving in the wrong limits was probably a reason blink.gif i really need an A to be confident in doin AH next year unsure.gif

#66 Indie_Cindy

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 03:53 PM

Well my first prelim went quite bad, i got a D, and i've got my 2nd prelim on Friday. So i'm really nervous and im pretty sure the circle & calculus questions are goin to mess me up.

#67 x_Jo_x

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 04:22 PM

yeah, well, anyone will do better than me! i did my second prelim the other week, and it was horrendous, i've never seen anything like it! the school decided that they didn't want to make the prelim too easy, oh no, so they go to the other extreme and make it almost impossible to pass! i got 40% when the pass mark was 55%. Only 5 people passed in my class. I was gutted with my result, but i knew it was coming. i seem to be able to do all the past papers fine though which is pretty strange, so that makes me feel a tad better in the hope that i might actually be able to answer the questions in the exam! lol wink.gif

#68 maximus

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE(Indie_Cindy @ Apr 29 2007, 04:53 PM) View Post
Well my first prelim went quite bad, i got a D, and i've got my 2nd prelim on Friday. So i'm really nervous and im pretty sure the circle & calculus questions are goin to mess me up.

na you shouldn't worry about it, you'll do better when you next do it wink.gif at least you got a grade for your first prelim, 80% of people at my school failed, so you didnt do too bad smile.gif

#69 maximus

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE(x_Jo_x @ Apr 29 2007, 05:22 PM) View Post
yeah, well, anyone will do better than me! i did my second prelim the other week, and it was horrendous, i've never seen anything like it! the school decided that they didn't want to make the prelim too easy, oh no, so they go to the other extreme and make it almost impossible to pass! i got 40% when the pass mark was 55%. Only 5 people passed in my class. I was gutted with my result, but i knew it was coming. i seem to be able to do all the past papers fine though which is pretty strange, so that makes me feel a tad better in the hope that i might actually be able to answer the questions in the exam! lol wink.gif

oh sad.gif na i know what you mean though, all the past papers are fine then the prelims are a hell of a lot harder, but i think they just do it to scare the living daylights out of you tongue.gif

#70 Indie_Cindy

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 04:20 PM

Yeah i know what you mean about the prelims being harder. I think they do it so that you'll find the actual exam easier, even though it makes you panic at the time.

#71 Yan

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:I'm not a very interesting person I must say...<br /><br />Interests... interests... are...<br /><br />Anime, Music, Manga, Coffee, Sleep, Food [haha], and uhm Vampires.<br /><br />I'm not actually crazy, although others will obviously beg to differ.

Posted 30 April 2007 - 05:59 PM

I have my second maths prelim tomorrow.. I'm not looking forward to it. I feel like I know the stuff, cause I can do it at home with past papers but when it comes to the actual thing I struggle over stupid things, but hopefully I'll be alright..

"Do not be frightened of death; it is life that causes pain"

#72 Indie_Cindy

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:40 PM

Im sooo chuffed, got my 2nd prelim results back today && i got 53%biggrin.gif!, i got 32% on the first one. So yeah if i get that in the exam i'll be well happy smile.gif

#73 x_Jo_x

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:48 PM

Indie_Cindy Posted Today, 04:40 PM
Im sooo chuffed, got my 2nd prelim results back today && i got 53%!, i got 32% on the first one. So yeah if i get that in the exam i'll be well happy

well done! they say you should go up by 10% from the prelim to the exam, but that's even better!

#74 Chas

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:MSN,Music,TV

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:12 PM

Did my second prelim a few weeks ago and got 61% which is 12% better than i got in the first prelim.

#75 Amazoph

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 03:17 PM

Here at my school I got an A- in the prelim which if I had done in the final prolly would have been a B.

Hopefully I can pull it up to an A on Tuesday! biggrin.gif

#76 thedealer07

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 03:20 PM

Passed nabs, dropped abouit 5 marks in all.
then got 20% in 1st prelim

got it up to 47% in my second.

#77 Lindsay_S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 02:22 PM

When I was at school they admitted that the prelims they gave us were made harder just to test us. They then said if you get a High C, you could, with decent amout of revision gain a grade B.

That in my case only worked in Intermediate 2 English where I had a D in my prelim and I jumped to a B in the final exam.

#78 Sammie

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:Stuff... mainly Fall Out Boy

Posted 24 February 2008 - 02:52 PM

those here last year will remember how badly I bombed the whole course last year. I got 2% in the prelim last year and shockingly...a No Award in the final...passed the NABS though so that was a blessing. This year so far I've got full marks in the 1st and 2nd unit nabs (wh00000t) and I've been getting around 60-70% in all the AB tests weve done (my college LOVE to test us) so hopefully I'll get a B in the prelim next week...I'm shitting it tbh.
"Crowds are won and lost and won again, but our hearts beat for the diehards"

#79 spoony2oo8

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:em... I Love Watchin Football (Rangers, West Ham, Morton and, of course, SCOTLAND)<br /><br />I Like Listning To My i-Pod.<br /><br />Going On Msn And Bebo and I Love Maths , Chemistry And Biology. English I See No Point In :lol:

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:31 PM

Not Done A Second Prelim Yet But I Got 81% In The First One

Found That The Calculator Paper Was Much Easier Than The Non-Calc

Paper 1- Cant Remeber laugh.gif Was At The Start Of Febuary

Paper 2 - 56/60

Definatley Looking For An A!!!
Standard Grade: English[2] Maths[1] French[1] Biology[1] Chemsitry[1] P.E[1] Geography[1] Admin[2]
Highers: English[A] Maths[A] French[A] Chemistry[A] Biology[A]

#80 purple_Fizz

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 02:09 PM

I failed mine, but fortunately I'm allowed to stay in higher. I've just moved like a month ago and i think that is why i failed. The school were really nice about it though. I'm scared now though, because they're paying money to put me forward...so i can't fail this time. I hate pressure...!

Well done to all those that passed!

unsure.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users