Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Extra admissions test - HSN forum - Page 2

Extra admissions test

33 replies to this topic

#21 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 19 July 2006 - 09:11 PM

Well Glasgow certainly dont. And when it comes to Medicine, its a stupid way to go, as it doesn't let you know wether or not you are capable of being a doctor.

So i seriously doubt it.

#22 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 19 July 2006 - 09:52 PM

They probably do, just that they don't reveal too much about the selection process. Many English universities do for medicine (Manchester for sure).

#23 **Bernadette**

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:I am currently in sixth year and I am doing higher music and advanced highers in maths chemistry and biology.<br />In fourth year I got six 1s in english, chemistry, biology, music, administration and modern studies. I also got 2 As in the int 2s I sat in french and maths. Last year I got five A's!! Woohoo!! I also sit piano exams so I have passed up to grade 6 practical and grade 5 theory so far. I would like to go on and study medicine.<br /><br />I like playing the piano, playing drums, dancing(tap, ballet, modern, highland, disco...), watching golf, tennis(I am not very good at playing but I love Wimbledon) reading, doing crosswords and loadsa other stuff! I am also trying to teach myself guitar which is funny!! I love music and I am going to see the Fratellis in feb and Razorlight in April!! Can't wait!! Some of my other favourite bands are snow patrol, blur, bloc party, radiohead, the kooks, oasis and of course the Beatles!!!!

Posted 19 July 2006 - 11:15 PM

I sat my test last week and I agree that there is just not enough time. I got it finished but it was a struggle in some sections. I had to resort to just randomly clicking boxes!! sad.gif I just hope they don't put too much emphasis on it!

#24 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 19 July 2006 - 11:45 PM

when is the last possible date to sit the test?

Just out of curiosity smile.gif
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#25 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 08:18 AM

Last registration is 22nd of September...last tests are on 29th September

#26 Michael

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE(Allana @ Jul 19 2006, 07:38 PM) View Post

I tend to be quite good with timing, although I've heard from several people that you simply don't get enough for this test.

Is the ukcat used as a last resort when the admissions panel is unsure about the candidate? Or do they consider everyone's ukcat score?

Im also very good at timing but honestly theres just not enough, I managed to complete 2 sections and miss the last 2 questions in one. The maths section is quite absurd though in terms of time. The weighting given to the test varies from university to university. I'd contact the ones you intend to apply for to get there verdict, thats what ive done.

#27 dehny

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE(Ally @ Jan 26 2006, 10:52 PM) View Post

Seems like (next year!) majority of medschools are gonna require students to sit extra entrance tests:

http://www.medlink-uk.com/UKCAT/UKCAT%20me...files/frame.htm

sounds like a good idea, would keep Dr Death from getting in
My profile

1. Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält,
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt -
Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt.

#28 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 08:12 PM

Yeah, so....i had my UKCAT yesterday....'twas crap...timing was too tight, questions were crap....but never mind....that's it really smile.gif

#29 Amo

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Studying higher english, maths, french, biology and chemistry. Hope to become a doctor/dentist! <br /><br />I'm a car fanatic, and love my music!

Posted 05 August 2006 - 09:42 PM

Yeah the UKCAT was pretty hard, but I think timing is part of the test- maybe to see how you cope under pressure?

PS- Almost all the medical schools in Britain have adopted the UKCAT, including in Scotland...unfortunately for us!

#30 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 10:13 PM

yup, theres only 4 med schools that dont require either the UKCAT or BMAT...i imagine they'll have plenty of applicants this year rolleyes.gif

#31 Pammy

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Swimming, music (listening and playin), goin to the flicks, shopping &lt;3, shoes, glitter, reading, flowers, msn, bowling for soup, westlife, bags and nailpolish

Posted 05 August 2006 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE(nathanm @ Aug 4 2006, 08:12 PM) View Post

Yeah, so....i had my UKCAT yesterday....'twas crap...timing was too tight, questions were crap....but never mind....that's it really smile.gif

Hey Nathan, sorry to hear that, most people seem to be complaining about the timing. Mine is on Friday, so wish me luck everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*~* Pam xxx *~*
P.S have you heard anythin from Will recently, Nathan ?
*~* Kiss me, beneath the milky twilight, lead me, out on the moonlit floor, lift your open hand, strike up the band and make the fireflies dance, silver moon sparkling, so kiss me *~*

#32 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 10:56 PM

ohmy.gif pamela....your such a bad influence on threads!!....erm, no, not heard from will.

and good luck, pammy smile.gif

allana....did you do yours today, or did you not bother?

#33 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 06 August 2006 - 09:52 AM

Mine is now on September 2nd smile.gif Whoop.

Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#34 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE(Allana @ Aug 6 2006, 10:52 AM) View Post

Whoop.

indeed tongue.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users