Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Directed Writing - HSN forum

Directed Writing

3 replies to this topic

#1 Amo

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Studying higher english, maths, french, biology and chemistry. Hope to become a doctor/dentist! <br /><br />I'm a car fanatic, and love my music!

Posted 23 January 2006 - 05:21 PM

Hi, I was wondering if anybody could give me any help on some directed writing phrases. I have a prelim tomorrow and I have been told that we are to focus on how our experiences in France would benefit in the future... does anybody have any of these sort of set phrases I could maybe use or some general ideas, because I have not covered this in class- I have only covered what I plan to do when I meet my 'French friend' again...
Cheers! smile.gif

#2 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:playing the fiddle, swimming, music, the OC, Will and Grace and going out with friends. Not that there is much to do here!!

Posted 23 January 2006 - 07:55 PM

Our teacher made up a booklet of phrases as the topics you are asked to cover are generally the same but you are in different places like on holiday with your family or on a school exchange! General things you normally have to cover are:

-where you went, how you travelled, how long you were there and who you went with

-accomodation

-what you did either in free time or while you were with your group (if you went on a school exchange)

-if you would recommend it to others

-your hopes for the future regarding the topic you are writing about

-how you got on with people -e.g new people you met, family you were staying with, your boss and collegues, the group you were with

we do a directed writing every fortnight - 1 monday we do a draft, the othe monday we do it in exam conditions as it is quite predictible apparently!! hope this is of help!! smile.gif
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#3 Amo

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Studying higher english, maths, french, biology and chemistry. Hope to become a doctor/dentist! <br /><br />I'm a car fanatic, and love my music!

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:08 PM

Thanks! We do something similar in our school, but we have only done 1 practice so far. smile.gif

#4 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Well I like a WIDE variety of things! haha i sound like a freak!<br />Anyways, I LOVE!!! music! ooh sooo much!!<br />haha i also like shopping and ehhm, drama and talking and swimmin(woo look at me aint i fit (not)) and ehhh thats all folks! haha! man i laugh alot! and i can talk for scotland! dont put iot past me i rambol on a lot!!

Posted 12 May 2006 - 03:47 PM

to put it bluntly i SUCK at directed writing! I really need help, does anybody have any good suggestions for revisiing for it, ive tried to do practise ones but i get stuck half way through and i always seems to learn the wrong phrases(how i do not know!)
Grrrrrr!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users