Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
help please. vampires - HSN forum

help please. vampires

2 replies to this topic

#1 crazy4dunst

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 04:28 PM

I need urgent help here. i have chosen my book for my personal study but i am really really really struggling on the essay. i seem to have the idea of the focus and its concepts but when it comes to puttin pen to paper i cant.

#2 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 12:36 AM

Write ok. Heres the thing. What is your question?
By that mean what is the question on which you are basing the essay?
The first step in a personal study essay is to write the question the essay will address. From that write a plan of the sections needed to address the question. Then write useful quotes and topic sentences. Only then can you begin the essay.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#3 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:58 AM

I used to write down the main points I wanted to make. Then from them, plan each paragraph individually which each paragraph containing a main point, but link the first paragraph to the second, the second to the third and so on. Introduction should address the main points which you will talk about and conclusion should round up the main points you have just talked about.

Each paragraph should have 1 or 2 quotes which back up the main point you are makin in that paragraph, after each quote, analyse why it is useful
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users