Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Calling all Glasgow uni applicants! - HSN forum

Calling all Glasgow uni applicants!

45 replies to this topic

#1 Rachelg

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 04:22 PM

Hey Im in fifth yr and have a conditional for glasgow anyone else plannin on goin there and what you all studyin? tongue.gif

#2 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 21 January 2006 - 09:22 PM

Hi! smile.gif

I've got unconditionals for:

Economics and French
French and Politics

However, I would rather go to St.Andrews, who havn't had the courtesy to reject me yet. wink.gif Who knows, may see you in September! cool.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#3 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 21 January 2006 - 10:09 PM

I've applied for economics and history at Glasgow. It's not my first choice though.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#4 Rachelg

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 02:23 PM

Cool, iv applied for pharmacology -should be fun! biggrin.gif my frnd studies physics at st andrews - she really likes it there. x

#5 xglassxvicex

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 08:09 PM

Heey biggrin.gif . I got an unconditional from Glasvegas on Friday &&I'm thinking of taking it, seeing as its my first choice. Hate making big decisions however. I'm going to be studying the chemistry! *Woot*

Kthx x

#6 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 08:35 PM

Glasgows excellent especially the QMU and the GU tongue.gif

#7 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 22 January 2006 - 09:00 PM

lesley do you want to come back to strath or do you want to go somewhere else

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#8 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:playing the fiddle, swimming, music, the OC, Will and Grace and going out with friends. Not that there is much to do here!!

Posted 22 January 2006 - 09:18 PM

I got an unconditional for Chemistry so I may be seeing some of you there!! tongue.gif
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#9 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE(Dave @ Jan 22 2006, 09:00 PM)
lesley do you want to come back to strath or do you want to go somewhere else

View Post

I was at Glasgow last year and a fantastic uni it was aswell.

However, the course i want to do is business and the business school at strathclyde is extremely highly rated.

I was between Glasgow and Strathclyde last year for law, in the end it was six and 1/2 a dozen. I chose Glasgow as it is deemed better for law.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",

#10 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 10:20 PM

were you at Glasgow!!! Well i feel stupid now lol i was sure u were at strath. Yeah business school is highly rated tho if management science (comp sci degree but got a business class hmm) and DiscoGirl's experiance of her degree is anything to go by they are a bunch of stuck up... but come come to strath tongue.gif

#11 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 22 January 2006 - 10:44 PM

Yeh, come to strath and you'l be able to tell the rest of em that Strath IS so much better than glasgow!!! Cos you'l be able to speak from experience!

Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#12 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 11:16 PM

What is discogirls experience?

I was actually thinking about management science if i get in, please do expand!
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",

#13 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 11:59 AM

well i am doing man sci and the content is fine to be honest. Pretty much common sense. I just dont like the whole group projects where you rely on other people for you class mark.

Business dont provide much in the way of departmental resources either like that bloody mdp where they make you buy a laptop basically cos they wont book a computer room. Also in computing and other departments we get free print quotas for department printers and computer rooms. Business dont have anything like that and expect you to use the library and pay for everything

Teaching wise they are pretty good so thats the main thing. See you at strath then

#14 lipu

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:22 PM

Got a Conditional (A or BB at Higher) for History and Politics. Not my first chocie f course, but the way the offers are coming back so far for my preferred cousre I may have to take it if I get the grades (only offer so far!)
Law and Management Student
Robert Gordon University

------
George Orwell provided us with a warning, not an Instruction Manual
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little termporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety

Without freedom to offend, freedom of expression ceases to exist

#15 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 23 January 2006 - 03:26 PM

Those are the same conditions I got for MA Geography at Glasgow last year. It was my first offer too.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#16 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE(Dave @ Jan 23 2006, 11:59 AM)
well i am doing man sci and the content is fine to be honest. Pretty much common sense. I just dont like the whole group projects where you rely on other people for you class mark.

Business dont provide much in the way of departmental resources either like that bloody mdp where they make you buy a laptop basically cos they wont book a computer room. Also in computing and other departments we get free print quotas for department printers and computer rooms. Business dont have anything like that and expect you to use the library and pay for everything

Teaching wise they are pretty good so thats the main thing. See you at strath then

View Post

That's the general idea I got from my sister about management science. She recommended me to take it as it's one of the easier credits and not bad either.

She's also recommended that I don't get the laptop through the uni but get one myself, as it's cheaper. Thoughts?

user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",

#17 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 05:06 PM

Thats what I did because it worked out more expensive to get one from them but you can loan one from them but I don't think they're that great really.

#18 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 23 January 2006 - 06:49 PM

And IBM Thinkpads are the Satan of Laptops

And i'm talking from experiance of using over 100 IBM Thinkpads!!!

(Those are the ones you get through Strathclyde Uni btw!)

#19 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 07:47 PM

yeah the laptops are majorly crap although for some reason a huge number of people seem to like them even though there is a girl in my man sci tutorial who's thinkpad will randomly switch off his screen

#20 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 23 January 2006 - 07:50 PM

yup, thats why i plan on investing in a £4000 Alienware Athlon X2 4800+ Laptop tongue.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users