How is higher chem goin 4 evry1?

70 replies to this topic

Poll: how is everyone else findin higher chem? (37 member(s) have cast votes)

how is everyone else findin higher chem?

1. easy (4 votes [10.81%])

Percentage of vote: 10.81%

2. kinda easy (7 votes [18.92%])

Percentage of vote: 18.92%

3. bit tricky (19 votes [51.35%])

Percentage of vote: 51.35%

4. impossible (7 votes [18.92%])

Percentage of vote: 18.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 doug_90

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:duno really, dont have alot of time: with exams etc + most of my spare time is spent trying to get as much practical experience so as to get into vet school(hopefully)

Posted 18 January 2006 - 07:06 PM

Just bein nosey as to how evry1 else finds higher chem. Our old chem teacher told me and ma bst m8 we would b the back bone of the higher class. but here we r kinda strugglin with ma m8 nearly failin his nab and me only getin 24/30!

BTW in case old chem teacher reads this , u no who u r! come bak we rly rly need u! PLLZZZZZZZZZ

lol

#2 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 07:39 PM

its going ok but have been off the last couple of days so missed quite a bit (its amazing how much work gets done in 3 periods!)

24/30 is nothing to be ashamed of...i got something similar in the unit one nab

anyway, can i ask you nicely to type the words out fully....its not a text message!...thanks,

nathan

#3 doug_90

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:duno really, dont have alot of time: with exams etc + most of my spare time is spent trying to get as much practical experience so as to get into vet school(hopefully)

Posted 18 January 2006 - 07:45 PM

since one has been forbiden by the powers which be to speak in text speech, then one is forced to speak like such.

only joking! what are you's doin in chem just now?

well if i want an A 24/30 is crap

#4 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE(doug_90 @ Jan 18 2006, 07:45 PM)
since one has been forbiden by the powers which be to speak in text speech, then one is forced to speak like such.

only joking! what are you's doin in chem just now?

well if i want an A 24/30 is crap

View Post

have just started on soaps and fats

sorry about the text speech comment...i was just letting you know before somebody else did! smile.gif

#5 doug_90

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:00 PM

i was only jokin. it gets diffiult when u r on msn at the same time

#6 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:03 PM

yeah i know what you mean

#7 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:playing the fiddle, swimming, music, the OC, Will and Grace and going out with friends. Not that there is much to do here!!

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:12 PM

Just to let you know with 24/30 in the nab you are right on target for an A, I got 25 or 26 in all the nabs and got an A! You should have no problem!! smile.gif
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#8 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 18 January 2006 - 09:50 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't say that getting 24/30 is a bad mark. More, the opposite.

#9 doug_90

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 04:01 PM

Thanks, sofax and ally, made me feel bit better. Tyhe teacher said that was basically crap if i want an A. Mind you that was after i told her the notes were crap and that she wernt a great teacher!!(dont annoy me on a monday morning u end up worse of for it!!)lol tongue.gif

#10 ad absurdum

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Interests:Muzak.

Posted 19 January 2006 - 04:36 PM

Well remember that the NAB isn't an indication for the final exam. Personally, I don't bother revising for my NABs, I don't really see the point, I don't really see them as very serious. 24/30 is a good mark though, but the main thing is that you can look over what you got wrong and be confident that you could get full marks (or near enough) if you took another NAB. I think your teacher was just being spiteful in saying that was a crap mark, it really isn't.

Anyway, on the thread topic, it's going well for me. We've got different teachers for different days of the week and stuff so I don't think the lessons are very productive but I still think I'm doing well with the course. I got 29/30 on the last NAB, but I try not to go by NAB marks. I'll probably be able to judge better after the prelim at the end of the month.
HMFC - Founded 1874, beefing the Cabbage since 1875

#11 doug_90

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 06:15 PM

firstly, cool name, although at first i thought it was the name of the fourth stomach of the cow(abomasum) dont no why just kinda looked like that. Dont think the teacher appreciates the fact we cant learn by filling in the blanks!

we get two teachers but we only get one of them on a monday, and she is the best one, which is crap because we would all get A's if we got her all the time.

I just panic with chemistry because i need an A!!!!

#12 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:playing the fiddle, swimming, music, the OC, Will and Grace and going out with friends. Not that there is much to do here!!

Posted 19 January 2006 - 06:18 PM

if you are worried why don't you ask the good teacher for extra lunchtime lessons or after school, I'm sure she would be willing if she has free time!! if that's not possible my advice is to do every past paper you can get your hands on, last year my teacher gave me past papers from 1990 to 2004!! lots of the questions are repeated!!
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#13 doug_90

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 04:29 PM

am trying to do as many past papers as i can!

If this was an ideal world then i'd have th teacher who i had last year, she was amazin. But she left and went to a school in shotts! And this isnt an ideal world!

OK hissy fit ova..well nearly lol

#14 mystic

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:BMXing, anything to get me into trouble, having fun, riding the horses, being the person your parents don't want you to be friends with! my msn address is bleeding_the_vampire@hotmail.co.uk

Posted 30 January 2006 - 11:07 AM

i think i'm failing but not to bad if i can eventurally revise! i know my sister is sailing the the i2 but i don't want to take i2. my teacher knows this and has given me the chance to work when ever i want!
luv
gizmo
x
if your thoughts are no good, its only because you don't express then clearly!
gizmo
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/milk...icture_0038.jpg

#15 doug_90

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:47 PM

hey gizmo, just try and do loads and loads and loads of past papers they are really helping me(*he says throwin the book across the room whilst having yet another of his renouned hissy fits!lol). Dont drop down, no offense to anyone, but it will insult ur intelligence, its just a tiny bit harder than SG(credit).

#16 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE(doug_90 @ Jan 30 2006, 05:47 PM)
past papers they are really helping me(*he says throwin the book across the room whilst having yet another of his renouned hissy fits!lol).

View Post

I know what you mean...im always like "that cant be the answer!" but then it is sad.gif

and gizmo, dont drop down, like doug said its only slightly harder than SG

#17 doug_90

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 06:45 PM

the answers r poo(to put it nicely), with the L&L past papers there is quite a few errors, grrr £7.50 ffor wrong anwers !(i feel ye another hissy fit coming on!!) mad.gif mad.gif

oh w8 i was looking at the wrong year sad.gif ,lmfao

but seriously if they are gonna charge soo much 4 them the f~~~ing answers should at least be right!!

#18 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 06:47 PM

so much for the SQA being a non-profit organisation mad.gif

#19 doug_90

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:02 PM

if u want a really cool experiment....try mixing ur english past paers with pepsi. it makes the past paers illegible which makes u 3 to revise chemistry cough cough* go on msn!!

#20 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE(doug_90 @ Jan 30 2006, 08:02 PM)
if u want a really cool experiment....try mixing ur english past paers with pepsi. it makes the past paers illegible which makes u 3 to revise chemistry cough cough* go on msn!!

View Post

nah the best expt is mentos and diet coke...Clickyclicky

Edited by nathanm, 30 January 2006 - 08:30 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users