Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Fact of the Day - HSN forum

Fact of the Day

64 replies to this topic

#1 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:28 PM

People say that you learn someting new everyday...and since i learnt something very interesting today, i wanted to tell you all and let you try it out for yourself...

so, i learnt today that when you are breathing through your nose, the majority of air is exhaled through one nostril. ohmy.gif

also, the nostril which does the majority of the breathing also changes every 20 mins

Now try it for yourself smile.gif

Life changing information, eh tongue.gif

#2 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:32 PM

Deja vu's are glitches in the matrix when someone changes the programming!

Fact: I love the Matrix triology! happy.gif

I only mentioned deja vu's as I'm sure I've seen a thread like this before.

#3 Vixus

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 11:11 PM

When one of your nostrils are blocked, the air doesn't bother taking that route.

#4 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 11:49 PM

If I put tissue paper on top of paper and use an ink pen on it and then put water on it it will go through the tissue paper and leave a nice effect on the paper underneath. Looks even better if there is already paint on the paper underneath.

#5 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 17 January 2006 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE(nathanm @ Jan 16 2006, 10:28 PM)
People say that you learn someting new everyday...and since i learnt something very interesting today, i wanted to tell you all and let you try it out for yourself...

so, i learnt today that when you are breathing through your nose, the majority of air is exhaled through one nostril.  ohmy.gif

also, the nostril which does the majority of the breathing also changes every 20 mins

Now try it for yourself  smile.gif

Life changing information, eh  tongue.gif

View Post

yeh that is true. I thought about it for a while

#6 mystic

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:BMXing, anything to get me into trouble, having fun, riding the horses, being the person your parents don't want you to be friends with! my msn address is bleeding_the_vampire@hotmail.co.uk

Posted 17 January 2006 - 12:23 PM

that i should miss geography tomorrow.
my sergeant thinks women are objects.
i'm going mad
colin forbes is a amazing writer!
luv
gizmo ph34r.gif
x
if your thoughts are no good, its only because you don't express then clearly!
gizmo
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/milk...icture_0038.jpg

#7 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE(YIC @ Jan 17 2006, 12:07 PM)
so, i learnt today that when you are breathing through your nose, the majority of air is exhaled through one nostril.  ohmy.gif

View Post

View Post

was it approximately 21 minutes by any chance?!?

Edited by nathanm, 17 January 2006 - 12:56 PM.

#8 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 17 January 2006 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE(nathanm @ Jan 17 2006, 12:55 PM)
QUOTE(YIC @ Jan 17 2006, 12:07 PM)

View Post

View Post

was it approximately 21 minutes by any chance?!?

View Post

hehe no tongue.gif

I have had medical problems in the past with the airflow of my nose (I have had lts of blocked noses in the past)

#9 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE(gizmo @ Jan 17 2006, 12:23 PM)

View Post

Kick his chauvanist ass then.

#10 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE(ermdeviation @ Jan 17 2006, 02:51 PM)
QUOTE(gizmo @ Jan 17 2006, 12:23 PM)

View Post

Kick his chauvanist ass then.

View Post

sergeant..... when i read that....i think.... PIPE sergeant!! ohmy.gif ARE YOU IN A PIPE BAND

this is me just getting over excited eh rolleyes.gif

#11 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 17 January 2006 - 05:32 PM

I would guess cadets or some pish.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#12 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 05:33 PM

darn dry.gif sad.gif

#13 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 05:34 PM

i think it might be a pipe band

QUOTE(gizmo @ Jan 14 2006@ 06:14 PM)
ok confused,so what going on in your heads at the moment? i won't be saying because mine ain't what you want to know but its not bad,mostly!
i think the only thing else in my head is band practise this afternoon, and omg i'm in pain!
luv
gizmo 
xxxxxx

#14 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 05:44 PM

oh YES!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!

here's hoping.....not particularly for a drummer..... but a piper would be good to have here smile.gif

PLEASSSSSSSEEEEE!!

#15 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 17 January 2006 - 05:54 PM

ohmy.gif Are these pipe sergeants all chauvanist pigs then Macleod?
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#16 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 17 January 2006 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE(bred @ Jan 17 2006, 05:54 PM)
ohmy.gif Are these pipe sergeants all chauvanist pigs then Macleod?

View Post

laugh.gif laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

We need answers! tongue.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#17 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 17 January 2006 - 10:02 PM

I live a mile from the worst performing school in Glasgow and possibly Scotland

lmao

*thanks God he travels 3 miles to school*

#18 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 17 January 2006 - 10:08 PM

Sharks are immune to all known diseases. smile.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#19 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 17 January 2006 - 10:26 PM

It's been 51 years since Killie beat Celtic at Parkhead sad.gif

#20 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 11:15 PM

the names of all the continents all start with vowels and the first and last letters are the same;

asia
europe
america
antartica
africa

(it only works if you don't count america as two continents though)

edit: also australasia (aka oceania)

Edited by nathanm, 18 January 2006 - 12:00 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users