Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
help - HSN forum

help

10 replies to this topic

#1 mystic

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:BMXing, anything to get me into trouble, having fun, riding the horses, being the person your parents don't want you to be friends with! my msn address is bleeding_the_vampire@hotmail.co.uk

Posted 15 January 2006 - 01:18 PM

HELP, my first prelims r next week and i can't revise at all, i try but i get distracked or end up drawing. generally i listen to music but i always end up just listening to music. i can't do anyting if i don't have music. i have tryed alot now even to extermes but nothing is working! plz ideas!
luv ph34r.gif
gizmo
xxx
if your thoughts are no good, its only because you don't express then clearly!
gizmo
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/milk...icture_0038.jpg

#2 Floorball Maniac

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 05:01 PM

I'm the same. Sometimes I can revise and other I can't. It seems to be the nearer an exam the harder I find it to revise.

I think with me its a matter of motivation. If things start to go well then it helps a lot.

My advice would be to believe in yourself as that helps me. Increase your self esteem.

If you start revising and it doesn't go well the just stop! You are just waisting time and lowering you self esteem.

Also, say, "I'm going to revise at x o'clock and I will not give up until I have learned x, y and z." That tends to work with me (sometimes).

Good luck!

#3 mystic

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:BMXing, anything to get me into trouble, having fun, riding the horses, being the person your parents don't want you to be friends with! my msn address is bleeding_the_vampire@hotmail.co.uk

Posted 17 January 2006 - 12:49 PM

i have low self eestem any way, no idea how to change that, i tried revising last nite and just ended in a fight with my dad! i don't know if i can revise,i'll try anything! i need these exams! thank you football maniac
luv
gizmo ph34r.gif
xxx
gizmo

#4 Vixus

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 04:26 PM

Sit down at your desk/floor/elephant and make sure you have every single thing you need for studying so that you're not tempted to go get something. Have a bottle of water/coke/sugar handy and something to eat.

Make sure you know exactly which bits you want to revise for (do the things you're worst at first). Do 10 mins of notes followed by 5 mins of questions (PastPapers). Repeat for another topic... take a break. Do the same twice more and voila, you've spent an hour studying.

Don't work late into the night and spend at least an hour or two studying, I wouldn't suggest any more for now.

#5 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 07:44 PM

I'm the same too. Always end up with unwanted scribbled masterpieces at the end of my revision time and very few words written down - the ones that are there, spelt incorrectly.

Take the good advice that has been given here - something I will need to do too!

#6 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 20 January 2006 - 08:19 PM

Two words, PAST PAPERS!

#7 mystic

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:00 AM

aye but there's a large problem with that, i kinda live in the middle of no where and none of the shops in town do anything like revision work. i can't get them through the school because my choosen sujects have changed and they won't let me take them out. but thanks
luv
gizmo
xxx
gizmo

#8 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:02 AM

You can buy them through HSN, in association with Amazon... tongue.gif rolleyes.gif

#9 mystic

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 11:18 AM

thank you.
gizmo
x
gizmo

#10 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE(gizmo @ Jan 17 2006, 01:49 PM)
i have low self eestem any way, no idea how to change that,

View Post

Well you can start by never saying that. Cause only when you wanna do it is it gonna happen. smile.gif

#11 mystic

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:57 AM

i don't know how to change these things, i just go on with life, revising is something i seemingly can't do. well for school at least, its easy for atc but its different things.
g
gizmo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users