Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Music Recommendations - HSN forum - Page 4

Music Recommendations

71 replies to this topic

#61 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 28 July 2006 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE(djh1878 @ Jul 28 2006, 03:21 PM) View Post

The Dykeenies

Been listening to The Dykeenies for months now, then I saw them live and their stage presence was pish poor. It just seemed like they didn't want to be there and looked really awkward.

#62 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 28 July 2006 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE(Scott @ Jul 28 2006, 08:08 PM) View Post

QUOTE(djh1878 @ Jul 28 2006, 03:21 PM) View Post

The Dykeenies

Been listening to The Dykeenies for months now, then I saw them live and their stage presence was pish poor. It just seemed like they didn't want to be there and looked really awkward.

They've not done any major gigs till recently though! Oh, and the reason I've a soft spot for them is because they're from Cumbernauld. Oh, I miss the place, it was almost like outer Glasgow's cesspit. cool.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#63 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 28 July 2006 - 08:34 PM

Taking Back Sunday anyone?

user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#64 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 09:40 PM

A few months ago I would have said The Fratellis but I've decided they're against me. First it took me about a month to work out how to spell their name (Jan), then when I pre-ordered their EP hmv (whom I've also fallen out with) got muddled up and I never got it, then they do a gig I could get to on my birhtday, but I'm under 18. The next gig I could get to is my brothers birthday ad then they do the wrong day at T.

I did see a good band called Director, they're good live but I don't know about on cd. And The Hussies are fun.

#65 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 01:18 PM

Fat Freddy's Drop...

Dub/relaxing kinda band from my fav. place - New Zealand. smile.gif

Check out "Wandering Eye", "Cay's Crays" or "5 Day night"...

Good stuff smile.gif

#66 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 29 July 2006 - 04:13 PM

Marlow - Under The Wheels is fantastic. smile.gif

#67 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 30 July 2006 - 12:00 AM

I recommend The Wildhearts, Kid Ego, and Cheap Trick biggrin.gif

#68 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:mm.... to lazy to say

if your really interested you can just ask!

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 30 July 2006 - 03:13 PM

Stereoglo

Good guys, good tunes. cool.gif

#69 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:28 AM

Engerica

Saw these guys supporting Sum41 last year at the ABC. They rocked, despite the sheer amount of abuse they got from the local neds in the crowd. They still rock by the sounds of it. Makes me wanna buy their record. Yeah, actually buy it wink.gif

#70 KirstyIsAmazing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 06:14 PM

I have no idea why, as they are absolutely amazing in my opinion, but no-one seems to have ever hear of Broken Social Scene...well no-one I speak to anyways.
So yeah, listen to them, they rock.

I'm in agreement about Arcade Fire, Metallica and Megadeth aswell, woop woop! *does a dance for the great music*

#71 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 06:58 PM

I'm still pushing for Fat Freddy's Drop - they rock! tongue.gif

BSS are quite cool smile.gif

#72 Sammie

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip