Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
People who studied multimedia look here! - HSN forum

People who studied multimedia look here!

8 replies to this topic

#1 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 12:16 PM

Can someone check this. Did anyone do question 34 for multimedia?

The very last question reads as:

34. d. Describe in detail how the video clips could be included. Your explanation should include a description of any hardware or software used at each stage of the input, process and output stages. - 3 marks.

Video capture card to convert analogue camcorder signal to digital. Camcorder is required to capture video. Video editing software is required to edit the video. Video adapater card to process data and display it on the monitor.

This is out of three marks how many do you think I'd get for it?

Also, for 34b. I was sort of baffaled.

"Describe 2 possible technical problems which may have ocurred during the capture of the video clips onto the computer" - 2 marks.

I wrote: The computer may not be MPC compliant and the computer might not have the correct interface to connect the camcorder.

How many marks do you think I'd get for that one?

Thanks for your time!

Shaun.

#2 The Decline

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 05:15 PM

I wish I could help, but last minute revision forced me into a strategy of doing virtually no video card revision huh.gif because it usually only comes up in one of the optional questions. So I'm not the best person to ask, but at least 2 and 1 respectively?

#3 little_minx

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (fearfactor47 @ Jun 1 2004, 01:16 PM)
Can someone check this. Did anyone do question 34 for multimedia?

The very last question reads as:

34. d. Describe in detail how the video clips could be included. Your explanation should include a description of any hardware or software used at each stage of the input, process and output stages. - 3 marks.

Video capture card to convert analogue camcorder signal to digital. Camcorder is required to capture video. Video editing software is required to edit the video. Video adapater card to process data and display it on the monitor.

This is out of three marks how many do you think I'd get for it?

Also, for 34b. I was sort of baffaled.

"Describe 2 possible technical problems which may have ocurred during the capture of the video clips onto the computer" - 2 marks.

I wrote: The computer may not be MPC compliant and the computer might not have the correct interface to connect the camcorder.

How many marks do you think I'd get for that one?

Thanks for your time!

Shaun.

For (d) I reckon you'd get 2 marks as you mentioned nothing about compression - this is a vital part of multimedia so you would almost definetly lose a mark for it. As for the rest, I reckon you're spot on.

As for the other question, I two was a bit confused. I did write something about not having the correct interface, so for both our sakes, I hope it's right! I also mentioned there not being enough RAM - it was a long shot, but I got a mark for it in my prelim.

Laura xxx

#4 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 08:33 PM

Phew! I'm just glad to get some marks for it, because I don't know if what I wrote made any sense what-so-ever!

Thanks.

#5 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 11:12 PM

Yes u would get 2 for the first one as

- no mention of compression
-no mention of digital to analogue conversion for speaker transmission

The second one- I didnt have time but I'm pretty sure its like the interface thing but the MPC compliant answer is definately wrong unless you instead said something like not enough RAM to hold compressed video, error in compression or something.

Computing dont give half marks so I'd say 2 and 1
or 2 AND 0
or if they are being harsh 1 and 0
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#6 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 07:15 PM

If the computer isn't MPC compliant, that means it does have the minimum hardware in order to be classified as a multimedia machine (this covers RAM)...surely this would stop the capturing of the video to the computer system?

I'm not entirely sure, what's your thoughts? I'm just glad to get some marks for it because I wasn't too confident about it!

Thanks,

#7 little_minx

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE(Discogirl17 @ Jun 3 2004, 12:12 AM)
-no mention of digital to analogue conversion for speaker transmission

What?

huh.gif

#8 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 10:15 PM

Video clips are a mix of audio and the visual.
The computer represnts sound digitally yet for sound to travel through the air it must form analogue waveforms!
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#9 james1

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE (fearfactor47 @ Jun 1 2004, 08:33 PM)
Phew! I'm just glad to get some marks for it, because I don't know if what I wrote made any sense what-so-ever!

Thanks.

good luck with ur results peeps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users