Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Do you see this year's exam being harder - HSN forum

Do you see this year's exam being harder

5 replies to this topic

#1 jon2005

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 08:19 PM

What with us being given data booklets with formulas in them out, I was wondering if this would have any effect on the final paper-- i.e: do you think we should expect a lot more "explain how" etc type of questions and less questions based on using formulas?

Or will it just be the same, except we don't need to memorise the equations tongue.gif

#2 James

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 09:49 PM

Very good question! I was wondering that myself!

#3 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 13 December 2005 - 09:03 AM

in my opinion it will probably be the same, but there might be questions on deriving the equations of motion(using subsition and algebra), as your meant to know that, but never get asked to do it.

#4 rustler

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 04:32 PM

Our teacher says we are supposed to know how to derive the equations of motion but they never give us the equation booklets for the nabs!! (when they should)
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I'm Schizophrenic
So am I

#5 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 13 December 2005 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE(rustler @ Dec 13 2005, 04:32 PM)
Our teacher says we are supposed to know how to derive the equations of motion but they never give us the equation booklets for the nabs!! (when they should)

View Post

You don't need to derive them using calculus (that's advanced higher), but there is some derivation required.

They should really give you data books but it's probably good for you not to have them as it means you will learn the formulae instead of relying on the databook for everything.
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#6 Tracy

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Location:Erm..My House, In Tranent, Near Edinburgh, SCOTLAND!
  • Interests:Being me

Posted 15 December 2005 - 07:38 PM

We just did out A/B Test for Mechanics and stuff... we used the data books and i found that some of the equations that i need were not in there... luckly i had remembered them!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users