Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
The Catcher in the Rye - HSN forum

The Catcher in the Rye

8 replies to this topic

#1 lipu

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:11 PM

I am having trouble with writing my personal study essay for The Catcher in the Rye by J D Salinger. I was going to look at the writers style and techniques, but my teacher suggested this one as it would be "easier":

"In the Catcher in the Rye by J D Salinger how does the central character, Holden Caulfield develop throughout the story?"

However, I am still having problems with it. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Law and Management Student
Robert Gordon University

------
George Orwell provided us with a warning, not an Instruction Manual
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little termporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety

Without freedom to offend, freedom of expression ceases to exist

#2 rustler

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:29 PM

I am also doing "The Catcher in the Rye" for my personal study and I was told to do explore the theme of isolation through the characterisation of Holden. If you have limewire, type in 'The Catcher in the Rye' in the document search bar and you may find an essay appear wink.gif
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I'm Schizophrenic
So am I

#3 lipu

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 03:50 PM

I unfortunatley don't have limewire
Robert Gordon University

------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little termporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety

#4 rustler

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 05:59 PM

I advise u get it then it is a valuable 'resource'.

http://www.limewire.com/english/content/downloadfree2.shtml

go down the page and click on windows (recommened) under the Limewire basic menu tongue.gif
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I'm Schizophrenic
So am I

#5 lipu

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 07:35 PM

I'm still realy stuck on actualy writing the plan. I cannot find the quotes (decided to look at just one area of character develpoment as opposed to all the areas - decided on the loss of childhood innocence).

Help! Anyone? (PS is on Fri 16/12/05)
Robert Gordon University

------

#6 Chünz

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 08:21 PM

If you want some pre-written essays, I'd recommend (although not condone) eCheat!

http://echeat.com

#7 lipu

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 08:11 PM

I would never dream of re-producing someone elses work fro any examination material. Ideas are all I'm looking for.
Robert Gordon University

------

#8 smutchie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 01:35 PM

I'm doing cather in the rye too, and if you looking for quotes which show the change in Holdens childhood innocence i think you really need to study on his sister and how he uses her as an example for herself! Write back or email me, if you're really stuck!
Smutchie

#9 Sammie

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:Stuff... mainly Fall Out Boy

Posted 11 December 2006 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE(lipu @ Dec 4 2005, 01:11 PM) View Post

I am having trouble with writing my personal study essay for The Catcher in the Rye by J D Salinger. I was going to look at the writers style and techniques, but my teacher suggested this one as it would be "easier":

"In the Catcher in the Rye by J D Salinger how does the central character, Holden Caulfield develop throughout the story?"

I've been advised to do exactly the same thing. Hit me up on AIM or MSN and we can talk about it ~ I'm struggling with it myself
"Crowds are won and lost and won again, but our hearts beat for the diehards"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users