Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
How to calculate the percentage you need for an A - HSN forum - Page 3

How to calculate the percentage you need for an A

44 replies to this topic

#41 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 27 May 2006 - 12:52 PM

Anybody whosays a subject is a complete joke has obviously not done it, or is a moron.

If Computing is a "complete joke" why do you need AAAA (higher than Dentistry for 5th year results, and close to Medicine) for the Course Dave is studying, and ihave applied for?

Yes the subject can be really easy for some, but really difficult for others.

Everyone has their own strengths and weakspots.

So before you saysomething like that again think about that!!!

#42 ross_rosco

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Music (writing, listning, playing) <br />Football - mildly interested<br />Hockey - Play for men's team

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:46 PM

'Shaun' gets bogged down with mathematics; the other solution is clearly and obviously the better. I was awarded 59/60 for my coursework, so I need (140-59)/140 to get an 'A'.

"It's Five O'Clock Somewhere..."

#43 ross_rosco

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Music (writing, listning, playing) <br />Football - mildly interested<br />Hockey - Play for men's team

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:49 PM

'Shaun' gets bogged down with mathematics; the other solution is clearly and obviously the better. I was awarded 59/60 for my coursework, so I need (140-59)/140 to get an 'A'.

"It's Five O'Clock Somewhere..."

#44 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:00 PM

His way of working out what you needed was for the old higher, the new higher is a simple 200 instead of a complex 130 marks

#45 callum9990

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:52 PM

For the 2008 exam the ACTUAL exam is out of 140 and the course work is out of 60. So you would have to adjust this to suit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users